Shaggy's Kong Krush 2020 Grow

Hi all,

The seeds arrived quickly and well packaged, 5 x Kong's Krush and 10 x SilverBack (first batch).

IMG_20200428_160306_edit.thumb.jpg.c0e46519c04bc0d08f4a146ad1165742.jpg

I placed 3 x Kong's Krush and 5 x SilverBack immediately into separate shot glasses with room temperature rain water to soak for a little while in a dark warm cupboard.

The next day (18 hrs later) I checked the seeds. The seeds where floating on the surface, so my method is to tap them to see if they then sink. All seeds sank, which tells me they need no more soaking (they've absorbed enough water).

I then transferred the seeds to the germination plates. Two plates with a couple of pieces of kitchen roll sandwich between them.

DSCF0294_edit.thumb.jpg.c6fb6e9c6327e686d16560589acbbfd9.jpg

Seeds & rain water transferred to kitchen roll, then another piece on top, then the second late on top. The whole germination plates/kitchen roll/seeds sandwich back into the dark warm cupboard.

DSCF0290_edit.thumb.jpg.e6dbc79dc75c0fdb0c442812942326f5.jpg

DSCF0291_edit.thumb.jpg.daf1d222c54429073f1a5e46c80a8a52.jpg

I'll keep checking the germination plates every 24 hours. Checking for tap roots appearing and making sure the kitchen roll is still  moist enough.

Happy Growing! 

• Like 9

The final three SilverBack have germinated overnight. I've transferred them to small pots like first two SilverBack to germinate.

DSCF0300_Edit.thumb.jpg.14720c931c63eaa895e285ee0a9cab7d.jpg

Still waiting for any sign of germination from the three Kong's Krush seeds that have gone through the same process.

Happy SilverBack-ing!

• Like 7

It is looking like the Kong's Krush are slow to germinate it will be interesting to see how long they take.

That is 3 of us now who are waiting longer than the usual 24/48 hours

Great images of the germinated beans :good:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gasmeter said:

It is looking like the Kong's Krush are slow to germinate it will be interesting to see how long they take.

That is 3 of us now who are waiting longer than the usual 24/48 hours

Great images of the germinated beans :good:

This morning, the Kong's Krush have still not cracked their shells.

My thoughts, re drowning seeds (worry), are similar to yours.

My method for soaking seeds is to place them in a shot glass of luke warm rainwater in a warm dark place. The seeds I drop on the water and they float. After 12 hours, I tap the seeds down, breaking the surface tension of the water. Those that sink, I fish out and place in between the germination plates & kitchen roll. Those that do not sink when tapped down, I figure have not absorbed enough moisture so I let them soak for another 12 hours. Rinse & repeat until all sink when tapped down. This method I figure gives them enough time to absorb the moisture they need but not too much so as to drown them, or, that's my theory :-)

• Like 4

It is strange that so far there has been no Kong's Krush beans germinated, but they may just be slow to pop.

What I find very interesting in the images that @greencloud posted not long ago to show his beans have germinated is that many of both the Silver Back and Cloud Walker beans had actually started to push out their tap roots while sat at the bottom of the plastic container cup of water.

I have had this happen in the past and they were fine I just fished them out popped them between kitchen roll and everything everything.

So for me this just put the idea of drowning under question, this is why normally I get the beans germinated before I start a journal, but I suppose it exposes problems so it is good for Green House to see this struggle is not isolated to a single person or method of germination.

• Like 3

Three of the germinated Silverback have broken the media surface, here's one of them (media looks moist as I had just given it a spray):

DSCF0305_edit.thumb.jpg.2033e135c30846cda0faeab3a2ab9d39.jpg

The 5 x Silverback's are in my 1x1x1.6 Pro White Budbox tent under a sponsored Mars Hydro TS 600.

There is supplemental CO2 (The Enhancer) in the tent sponsored by TNB Naturals (there's also other plants in the tent, about 27 plants of my own creation spread across four strains, BloodHaze, BloodRhino, BloodRoses and BloodX). I'm sponsored by TNB Naturals for the whole of 2020. I received a huge box of products from them recently; 10 The Enhancer canesters pre-loaded, 20 re-fill sachets, PH Up, PH Down, Enhancer, caps, T-shirts, papers, and other goodies.

Unless some GreenHouse Feeding magically appears (which would have been my preference when test growing GreenHouse Seeds genetics to be frank), the plants will be fed Shogun Fertilisers (a long term sponsor), starting with Shogun's 'Start'. I have the full Coco range and Terra range of nutrients available.

They'll be monitored by a sponsored Sensor Push from Sensor Push Tech.

I expect the remaining two Silverback that cracked their shell casings, to emerge from the media in the next 24 hrs.

Still no sign of shell case cracking in any of the three Kong's Krush seeds that are still in between the germination plates.  I have two Kong's Krush seeds left in their packet. I'll have a hunt for some fine sandpaper or similar and may try to file down the ridge on shell casings a little and try to germinate those last remaining two seeds in a few days.

• Like 6

Hi mate, 

Thanks for the info and updates. Yes, it seems that the KK's are having some problem germinating, so I recommend you to go geminate new seeds if you have an empty space. I'll try to get more info soon.

Have a nice day 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jose.gh said:

Hi mate, 

Thanks for the info and updates. Yes, it seems that the KK's are having some problem germinating, so I recommend you to go geminate new seeds if you have an empty space. I'll try to get more info soon.

Have a nice day 

I've used a rasp on the two remaining Kong's Krush seeds. I placed a seed between my fingers, ridges up, and drew the rasp down it shaving a little off each seed.

IMG_20200504_124146_Kong_Rasp.thumb.jpg.a94779924b0fe2a052ec68865d87225e.jpg

Each seed now looks a little black/dark where the rasp has done it's work. The two seeds are now in for soaking. Fingers crossed!

• Like 5

This is what I'll be mostly smoking on while growing out the SilverBack and hopefully Kong's Krush:

BloodHaze (my creation) - BloodBerries (male) x DelaHaze (Fem):
DSCF0354_edit.thumb.jpg.ccbddb8d44b5f3de96e2641634f6476f.jpg

BloodRhino (my creation) - BloodBerries (male) x White Rhino (Fem):

DSCF0343_edit.thumb.jpg.1584eaca5eb5c58a072dff2057f8c5d4.jpg

BloodX (my creation) - BloodBerries (male) x HiFi 4G (Fem):

DSCF0333_edit.thumb.jpg.a089148d0ddd7c6be482d291d4d7f9c9.jpg

Jack The Ripper (auto) by Zambeza Seeds:

DSCF0328_edit.thumb.jpg.64e926dd275c152a08c2f975423a2407.jpg

Vanilla Ice (auto) by Zambeza Seeds:

DSCF0321_Edit.thumb.jpg.de3be79f0bbda8ec5d9c482beaf3445b.jpg

El Dorado OG by Paradise Seeds:

5eb15cba1574f_WedApr2912-46-08_edit2.thumb.jpg.953b78ed77ccb8ca30edf638f5a2d9b4.jpg

Sunset Paradise by Paradise Seeds:

DSCF0287_Sunset_Sherbet_edit.thumb.jpg.a211f1b7d157f600747481bd5c108040.jpg

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

Hola amigo tomo asiento para ver el seguimiento suerte con las Kong krush hermano a ver si consigues que no se frenen en la salida 🍀

Hello friend, I take a seat to see the follow-up, luck with the Kong krush brother to see if you can get them to stop at the exit 🍀

• Like 3

SilverBack looking good:

DSCF0392_edit.thumb.jpg.962c2be6d48b4ebcd2240f3c5328f986.jpg

Four of the five germinated Silverback looking good, one (left middle) fading away. A couple of hermie seeds from either El Dorado OG or Sunset Sherbet sprouted in the two brown pots right hand side and two others that germinated and which are still to break soil in the other two brown pots.:

DSCF0391_edit.thumb.jpg.54d869ce373537fcb53265f17e61d83a.jpg

I might have a crack in a Kong's Krush that I rasped the other day. Will find out tomorrow I guess.

Happy Growing!

• Like 8

The four surviving SilverBack (one died, weak stem that did not recover). I'd just topped up their pots with compost, to help support their stems and to add a little more media to their pots for their roots to grow into:

DSCF0393_edit.thumb.jpg.52a01ceeff58a0ac107257b4ca002303.jpg

The cotyledon are very long and huge!

DSCF0394_edit.thumb.jpg.f6ee92e62f724a64bbb99ceb52122c0e.jpg

Happy Growing!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The four SilverBack finding their feet in their new transitional (not final) pots:

DSCF0495.thumb.JPG.f4dd19f827bcc8b400da5473763031e8.JPG

DSCF0496.thumb.JPG.c84a42bc868557f9327a7248bb5df648.JPG

DSCF0497.thumb.JPG.304fc163e61249d58f26a98c19eaedfd.JPG

DSCF0498.thumb.JPG.43118ae23501e322e9d4ba037cf5d166.JPG

DSCF0499.thumb.JPG.b7232bd692be38bc8a49cc06d986b00c.JPG

I've upped their feed a little. They're in my tent most of the time, underneath a HLG 135 V2 RSpec, being fed Shogun Fertilisers range, and they have some supplementary CO2 by TNB Naturals.

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

Those silver friends look happy, they are doing well

¿How much growth are you going to give them? 

Greetings happy growth 🌱

_____

Se ven alegres esas silver amigo, llevan buena marcha

¿Cuanto tiempo de crecimiento vas a darles? 

Saludos feliz crecimiento 🌱 

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 11:35 AM, R.G.S said:

Those silver friends look happy, they are doing well

¿How much growth are you going to give them? 

Thanks. In a few days, after this little cold snap has blown through, I'll put the plants outdoors in their pots (may even up-pot them) for some summer sun.
I've four plants to play with, so will leave one un-topped as a standard, top some others, and do various other trainings on the other two.
Some I might bring into a tent half way through summer to flower, I'd like to leave at least one throughout the summer and flower naturally come mid/end August.

Gracias. En unos pocos días, después de que esta pequeña ola de frío haya estallado, pondré las plantas al aire libre en sus macetas (incluso pueden macerarlas) para tomar un poco de sol de verano.

Tengo cuatro plantas con las que jugar, así que dejaré una sin cubrir como estándar, superaré a otras y haré otros entrenamientos en las otras dos.

Algunos podrían llevarlos a una tienda de campaña a mediados del verano para florecer, me gustaría dejar al menos uno durante todo el verano y florecerán naturalmente a mediados / finales de Agosto.

Happy Growing!

• Like 3