First grow!Sativa Landrace!

MalikaAh

Hello masters.growers and friends. 

First of all im sorry if my english is not so good.this is my first grow and my first plant ever. And it was literally unplanned. Never have i thought of growing my own cannabis plant. 

I found some seed in brickweed and as that time i was also watching some videos at youtube how to germinate seed. 

So i gve it a try and it worked. 

Up to this day i never knw what kind of strain my plant is. Someone told me it was sativa landrace and is better for me not to grow it. Since it took a long time to flower, its tall  and plus i didnt even know whether it is male or female. If it turns out to be male then im just wasting my time. So i better buy some autofeminize/autoflower seed for safety. Thats what he told me.If he could gift me  some seeds thn this all would be easy. I can hardly get any brickweeds let alone a good seed.

Well  my plant is still here and is growing bigger everyday(i think). 

And i might need some help! Thank you for your time! 

Day 5 and day 11.

As u can see in day 5 i have no idea what to do. I even gave it blanket. I keep moving it every hour to make sure it get enough sunlight.

And in day 11 i transplant my plant to normal pot.

IMG_20200331_115048.jpg

IMG_20200505_122156.jpg

IMG_20200505_121927.jpg

• Like 2

Day 20.

I added some onions skin into my pot. My brother told me they re good for repelling some bugs and later when they rots they became nutrients? Idk. 

And i had to tie malika to the stick since it keep waving right and left due to wind.im scared that the stem might break or snap. 

IMG_20200504_222930.jpg

mms.jpg

• Like 1

Day 23.

My plant is progressing slowly but im just glad that it looks healthy. I have also learned that only female plant makes flower/buds. I look online what is this female plant and how to identify them and started examine my plant to look for sex sign. . So i when i saw  that soon to be nodes i thought it was sign of female plant. 😂. I was very excited and startes jumping around like a little kid.and it made me feel happy for few days till someone corrected me and told me it is still too early to look for male/female sign. Oh well. 

i decided to try topping/fming? my plant. Im not really sure what exactly topping/fming does but i decicd to do it because i thought it could reduce my plant height. I just pinched the top with my finger. 

IMG_20200504_223154.jpg

IMG_20200504_223055.jpg

IMG_20200505_105947.jpg

• Like 2

Day 26&27

Day 26 plant has started to strengthen it stem.and build of stem become visible. 

Ladybugs is a natural predator for some bugs such as spider mite, spider mite and others.thats what i read on internet.

So i started to look for one and lucky me i found one and took it back home with me. 

Day 27

In the morning that ladybug disappear.so i gt myself another one although im not sure if it is the same ladybug that i caught yesterday.

This time i even prepared some dinner for him. Hoping he could stay and become my plants guardian. 

IMG_20200505_113129.jpg

IMG_20200505_201122.jpg

IMG_20200505_200932.jpg

• Like 3

Day 28.

I took out all onions skin/layer and put some pearlite. All this time i ve only give my plants plain water. So this time i want to give it some food/nutrients as it has entered the vegetative state. I ve read somewhere that your plant is considered to be in vegetative phase after it has grown fully developed 5 fingers leaf pair for at least 2 times. So i grab some Marunggay tree leaves and blend it. Add some water and water my plant with it. 

I actually succeeded germinate 2 other seeds.one of them gone from most healthy one to almost die in just few hours. My guess is i didnt transplant it to bigger pot in time.the roots have reached the bottom of cup. And i placed that cup on a very hot floor and that must have burned the root.i tried to fix it. For few days it looks like a coconut tree. And after hanging it upside down for few hours the rope snapped and it fell on floor.feeling frustated i dry her and later on that night i make a joint out of it. yeahhhh. That was my first harvest. 

IMG_20200506_021837.thumb.jpg.45c481291eef0916e7bd8b3fa9013bf1.jpg

IMG_20200506_022335.jpg

PhotoCollage_20200506_021537080.jpg

• Like 2

Day 29

Malika looks really healthy and is growing happily. Maybe. I wonder if thats the effect of marunggay leaves? Maybe you guys can try it too. Since it looks good i decided to blend some more of my neighbours marunggay leaves. This time not only watering i even spray some of it on malika's leaf.(is it allright water with it often??)

Who knows i might see some buds tomorrow.Those white things on her leaf are from marunggay. So dont worry guys. 

Things are going well for me when its not suppose to.i just use whatever i have around me. I didnt have the tools to check the condition of my water and my soil.but seeing how malika ia growing maybe this plant is right on its track. At least for now.

Feel free to leave a comment. Let me know what do you guys think! 

IMG_20200506_060528.jpg

IMG_20200506_060348.jpg

IMG_20200506_185605.jpg

• Like 1

LOL, @MalikaAh.  You remind me of when I had grown my first cannabis plant, and I smoked the dried leaves of a plant that had grown only 5 inches tall.  YUKK!!!

There is virtually no THC in the leaves at that stage.  The THC and CBD and the other desireable cannabinoids are found only in the female flowers in sufficient quantity to be worth smoking.  So, don't hurt your lungs smoking leaves.  That is mostly just carbon (tar).

It is good that you have mixed in some perlite.  However, for your next up-potting, I would recommend adding even more perlite  (not this plant, it is best not to disturb its roots any further).  Cannabis does not like wet feet.  That means, cannabis roots have a tendancy to rot if they remain too wet.  Cannabis roots like to have oxygen.  Too much wetness means that the oxygen cannot get to the roots.  The perlite helps the water to drain away, thus allowing oxygen to reach the roots relatively soon after each feeding.

I am actually a bit surprised that with that tight soil, your plant is as healthy as it is.  But it is doing OK.  Another thing that Cannabis enjoys is a dry period between feedings.  It is best to allow the soil to dry-out between feedings.  Feel the soil with your finger-tips about half an inch down.  If it feels moist, don't water it.  Wait a day or two and feel it again.  Or, you can look at the plant.  When the leaves begin to droop downwards, then that is the time to water it.

And yes, you are exactly correct about the heat at the roots.  It is never a good idea to set the pot on any surface that is heated by the sun or any other heat source.  Cannabis roots prefer to remain cool.  If they are heated by a sun-heated surface from under the pot, the roots are basically cooked, thereby dead.  If you set the pots outdoors on a floor in the sun, provide something to insulate the bottom of the pot from the heat of the sun-baked floor.

It is best to keep the soil covered a bit so that the sun's heat does not reach the roots by cooking the dark soil.  The roots in that bottle were certainly cooked by the sun.

In a pot, your use of the dried onion peels was not a bad idea.  You can alternatively put a layer of perlite on top of the soil to help reflect the sun's energy away from the soil.

Yes, Sativa plants grow tall and can live a long time.  Personally, I like those characteristics.  I prefer the effect of Sativa better than the effect of Indicas.  The shorter-growing plants and the Auto-flowering plants are developed primarily for growers who are growing in limited height spaces, or who want rapid results for commercial growing.  Enjoy your Sativa.  It is worth it.  You can overcome the height problem with Stress-Training and Topping/Fimming.

Topping or Fimming will help to slow the growth of the plant.  Topping in particular will normally double the number of colas.  The two growth nodes below the Topping will become the new colas.

Happy growing.

• Like 2

Actually atm im trying to dry up the soil.im having some problems right now. Some leaves looks unhealthy and kinf of yellowish colour. Its totally my fault. I was lazy for these past few days. I just left her on my rooftop. Even its raining outside. And i usually avoid direct sunlight in the afternoon because its too hot but not this time.few days in rain and few days in hot. And no more on roof after this. 

Im thinking of placing her in a place where i dont have to move her around again. Its better right? 

IMG_20200507_140916.thumb.jpg.f06498ba8eae5e2d6288a49df0bdee5c.jpgIMG_20200507_141016.thumb.jpg.97fadff5524670546e35612f1192ba5a.jpg

Can i just cut down leaf that looks unhealthy? I kind of want to start over. As u can see lower leaf are fat and they look like starfish to me. While the upper leaf i think they look like heat stress. Im not really sure. 

IMG_20200507_142201.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

In a pot, your use of the dried onion peels was not a bad idea.  You can alternatively put a layer of perlite on top of the soil to help reflect the sun's energy away from the soil.

Yes, Sativa plants grow tall and can live a long time.  Personally, I like those characteristics.  I prefer the effect of Sativa better than the effect of Indicas.  The shorter-growing plants and the Auto-flowering plants are developed primarily for growers who are growing in limited height spaces, or who want rapid results for commercial growing.  Enjoy your Sativa.  It is worth it.  You can overcome the height problem with Stress-Training and Topping/Fimming.

Topping or Fimming will help to slow the growth of the plant.  Topping in particular will normally double the number of colas.  The two growth nodes below the Topping will become the new colas.

Happy growing.

I change the onions with some egg shells that i burned for few minutes. 

Wow actually i have just realized i also prefer sativa than indica. All these years smoking weed i only know weed. Have no knowledge about this herb at all except for their many fingers leaf. Ive just learned a little about this herb recently. Since i started my grow. 

This brickweed that i got my seeds from was actually a gift from my cousin.he got it from another

state.The effect is really enjoyable for me. My energy is uplited, i become talkactive and laugh a lot more. It remind me of weed that i used to smoke 10 years ago!after a joint you can not stop laughing from just staring at your friend.once you hear a music playing your body will just dance along with the beat and you cant stop it even if u want to. i miss that kind of weed.

I stopped smoking for few years.but then i started again and found out that weed around my place isnt like how it used to be. It just made me feel sleepy and my body feels heavy. I dont know what happened.im sorry i couldnt respond to some of your words but i did read them all. 

Thank you and wish me all the luck sir! 

• Like 1

Day 40

Is there anyway to make the stem thicker? 

I add some weight to malikas body,trying to trick her into thinking tht she has gained weight and that might force it to start thickening her stem. Is that even possible? Im just trying things here guys please dont laugh at me. 😂😂. And i put some wild grass into my pot. Maybe they can help me dry my soil faster. IMG_20200507_203104.thumb.jpg.455ded07f3daa778f496cefdd096aa33.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Air flow should help make the stems thicker. Wind will make the plant decide it needs a thicker stem to protect itself.

I got plenty of wind around but i put some kind of barrier around the plant to slow down the wind. 

Something happened before that made me lost interest in growing my plant anymore. Thats why i just left her with no care for few days. Almost a week. Even so when the night comes i still took my time to put her in safe place from any bugs around. 

And place her on rooftop in the morning. 

But i finally feel bad and decided to do some strain training?  to get my spirit back. That was ealy in the morning.IMG_20200507_214527.thumb.jpg.2270763e5f272e6d89406b09af60f678.jpg i was shocked to see her when i brought her inside for some ST.i never saw her sleep before so im kind of confused. Someone told me im actually growing a pudina mint. I believed him for a moment there.by the time im not looking this plant has really stretched itself. Some internodes(?)are showing aswell. 

IMG_20200507_214833.jpg

IMG_20200507_220402.jpg

• Like 1

I really need help with this one. If you guys still remember i did mention in the early post that i actually have 3 plants.this guy. He suffered the worst. I totally forgot about him. I dont know what happened to him but whatever it is im sure its traumatised. I gave it to my cousin to grow. Since he keep coming back to my home to look if theres any flower yet.so i gave him this youngest plant that i have for him to grow. I hope this is not my 2nd harvest.IMG_20200424_135100.thumb.jpg.f4ab1eee5763e5b43d70d01d24bf3910.jpg

IMG_20200507_231609.jpg

• Like 1

hy there , don't want to sound rude or blunt but here are some ground rules i always juse  , when possible buy feminized seeds to begin with ,after germination start with a very small pot .i am using 0.2 ltr pots at first after some days the seedlings will pop up their heads above the soil ,when the develop in sustainable plants  after some time i always fill up my pots with soil again until the top .

when you water them the soil will settle down and by filling them again the base of the stem will be under the soil again this is making him fatter and stronger ,when the start growing again in height its time to replant them again to a bigger medium and every time you do this you need to plant the stem a bit deeper each time .

don't give them that much of water ,the only need to survive ,to much water will stretch the plant  and you will get lazy roots , it's easier to see my older reports from last year to understand .

and i will never pick  or  cut anny leafs ore branches ,just let mother nature to here thing ,she knows best !! and some feeding will make a lot of difference .

hopefully the plants your growing are female ?? 

any questions just ask my friend ,and ofcourse a thousand growers means a thousand opinions :taunt: 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jsm said:

hy there , don't want to sound rude or blunt but here are some ground rules i always juse  , when possible buy feminized seeds to begin with ,after germination start with a very small pot .i am using 0.2 ltr pots at first after some days the seedlings will pop up their heads above the soil ,when the develop in sustainable plants  after some time i always fill up my pots with soil again until the top .

when you water them the soil will settle down and by filling them again the base of the stem will be under the soil again this is making him fatter and stronger ,when the start growing again in height its time to replant them again to a bigger medium and every time you do this you need to plant the stem a bit deeper each time .

don't give them that much of water ,the only need to survive ,to much water will stretch the plant  and you will get lazy roots , it's easier to see my older reports from last year to understand .

and i will never pick  or  cut anny leafs ore branches ,just let mother nature to here thing ,she knows best !! and some feeding will make a lot of difference .

hopefully the plants your growing are female ?? 

any questions just ask my friend ,and ofcourse a thousand growers means a thousand opinions :taunt: 

Thank you! 

I did overwater them. As i feel the need to rush my plants growth.these guy might be my last and only cannabis plants that i grow. Short story, everything about this plant is illegal in my country. And the punishment is quite severe.

Thats why i never thought of growing one and never had interest in knowing more than just weed. 

This plant of mine it could start flowering today but im also ready to chop it down tomorrow if needed.

I also hope theyre both female!🥂 Still no sign of sex showing. Maybe a week will do. 

About leaf. Too late bro coz i already cut some! 😂🍁

• Like 2

@MalikaAh, you are getting some good tipps here in your thread.

You mentioned that your friend keeps coming over to see whether the plants are flowering.  Well, it would seem that your friend does not yet understand the photoperiod characteristic of cannabis. 

Normal cannabis (that is Sativa or Indica, without any Ruderalis cross in its genetics) is a photoperiod-sensitive plant.

That means that it will not begin to produce flowers until the daily "lighting-duration" changes to shorter daylight hours.  In nature, that occurs as the season begins to change from the Summer sunlight towards the Fall sunlight.

Indoor growers accomplish that by "flipping" their lighting timers to a shorter lighting-setting (thereby simulating the shorter daylight hours of the Fall season).

(For indoor growers, the traditional settings are: 18-hours ON and 6-hours OFF for the growing phase, and 12-hours ON and 12-hours OFF for the flowering phase.)

(I am assuming that you are located in the northern hemisphere.)

Because your plants are being grown in natural sunlight, your plants will continue to grow all Summer without producing flowers.  Only as the Summer begins to turn to Fall will the plants respond and begin to produce flowers (pre-flowering).  This is the time when they will finally begin to "show their sex".  For me, at lattitude approx.45°, that occurs in my outdoor grows at mid-to-late August.  The flowers will stretch and develop throughout September.  And they will fatten throughout October until harvest-time.

So let your friend know that he need not expect flowers anytime soon.  Better simply to take care of the plant and give it whatever it needs to grow healthy and full.  A healthy and full plant in the growth phase will produce better quality flowers during the flowering phase.

To grow cannabis properly and successfully, you must have patience. 

• Like 3

Bro @jsm im sorry i wish i had come and read your reply earlier because i already cut down some. Thank you and you guys stay safe too.

@Cannabissapean  Its 13/11 here. .other plants around my house already start flowering. And its a lilttle bit hard to give them complete darkness at night because there were some streelights and light from my neighbours houses. I decided not to do much about it and just leave it to themself. 

Im not expecting that i will ever have a chance to harvest my plants. The hope is still there but not as strong as it was. 

Thank you guys for the tips and reply you guys are really awesome and helpful. If theres something interesting ever happens to my plants i will be sure to post an update here! 

IMG_20200509_205322.thumb.jpg.804306ad5d674184942b9fea86e45eeb.jpg 

IMG_20200509_211257.jpg

IMG_20200509_120450.jpgi keep getting fooled by this thing here thinking its females pistil. 

• Like 2

Yes, that close to the equator, they can certainly begin to flower whenever the plant is mature enough.

If the pistils are white in color, then that would be female.  If little balls appear, then male.

Even if it produces female pistils, there is always the possibility that the plant could hermie and produce both sexes.

And I see no reason that you wouldn't be successful and have a harvest.  ...unless you or someone else cuts them down.

You are growing just fine.

• Like 2

hy there my fellow growers ,ever heard off the one bag method ? if you darken out only one branch with a thick dark plastic bag you can get it into the blooming stage on that branch only ,never tried it myself i have to say . ( so you know its a female plant , if it's that dangerous to grow over there you don't want to take the risk when it's a male plant at the end )

all the best to ya again 

• Like 1

On 9-5-2020 at 3:56 AM, Cannabissapean said:

@MalikaAh, you are getting some good tipps here in your thread.

You mentioned that your friend keeps coming over to see whether the plants are flowering.  Well, it would seem that your friend does not yet understand the photoperiod characteristic of cannabis. 

Normal cannabis (that is Sativa or Indica, without any Ruderalis cross in its genetics) is a photoperiod-sensitive plant.

That means that it will not begin to produce flowers until the daily "lighting-duration" changes to shorter daylight hours.  In nature, that occurs as the season begins to change from the Summer sunlight towards the Fall sunlight.

Indoor growers accomplish that by "flipping" their lighting timers to a shorter lighting-setting (thereby simulating the shorter daylight hours of the Fall season).

(For indoor growers, the traditional settings are: 18-hours ON and 6-hours OFF for the growing phase, and 12-hours ON and 12-hours OFF for the flowering phase.)

(I am assuming that you are located in the northern hemisphere.)

Because your plants are being grown in natural sunlight, your plants will continue to grow all Summer without producing flowers.  Only as the Summer begins to turn to Fall will the plants respond and begin to produce flowers (pre-flowering).  This is the time when they will finally begin to "show their sex".  For me, at lattitude approx.45°, that occurs in my outdoor grows at mid-to-late August.  The flowers will stretch and develop throughout September.  And they will fatten throughout October until harvest-time.

So let your friend know that he need not expect flowers anytime soon.  Better simply to take care of the plant and give it whatever it needs to grow healthy and full.  A healthy and full plant in the growth phase will produce better quality flowers during the flowering phase.

To grow cannabis properly and successfully, you must have patience. 

you definitely know how it works ,experience growing yourself or reading a lot ? or maybe even better being a biologist ?:clapping:i wish i had the patience to learn the deeper layer like grossbreading etc etc  ,greetings from holland 

IMG_20200512_002320.thumb.jpg.e6de5442facebe6cb47bfc4ac40c78a0.jpg

On 10/05/2020 at 10:43 PM, jsm said:

I think i will be fine as long as i didnt tell anyone.This is my only chance to taste fresh buds/weed. All my life only brickweed which is dry, with lot of sticks and crushed seed. Sometimes even dirt! 

Right now i want to let my plant produce more leaf and it can start flowering anytime it wants.i will just leave all tht to them. I didnt put any fertilizer yet. Should i? IMG_20200511_194923.jpg.c7dbabfad3e94d1a24b6745c2d0fa74d.jpgi dont know if u guys can see this? Something popped out between the branch and the stalk. I guess this is where later on we can check to see if its a male or female right? You better not be a male.... 🗡️⛏️

Some of big leaves started to dried up. But i will not cut them down this time. Not yet 🍁

• Like 1