Love growing plants, started gardens in 1981, moved to cannabis 1984.

edouble2369

Always enjoyed growing things always had a green thumb.  Started seriously at about 11 - 12 years old around 1981, taking over my mothers sad vegetable garden.  Garden harvest was great nothing but compliments and requests for more.  I was hooked started reading books and learning everything about growing.  Around 1984 started growing indoors it was a new concept i used to buy high times just to read the ask Ed section which at that time was when Ed was trying to grow indoors for the first time and I was right there with him learning by trial and error and figuring it out as I went along.  So I would religiously follow Ed (Rosenthal) if you aren't that old, to see his problems and solutions to them so I could avoid experiencing problems that Ed had found b4 I did.  I would send many posts in to share my discoveries and to ask questions to pick his brain.  I was 15 and had read enough books and followed a NASA research project that a was designing a growing habitat that could thrive on Mars.  So I was pretty knowledgeable in the biology of plants and the latest research in various horticulture techniques.  It became an obsession constantly learning and tweaking things and it was so much work it took up so much of my time.  Although i had the best weed in the city. (San Francisco)  Not bragging but people still talk about it today. Lol. I was 15 selling ozs at $200 a pop and I had our basement freezer full of dried and weighed ounce zip locks.  So I could move it quickly because everyone wanted it and i only sold ounces.  Had way to much money and lots of friends and a loyal customer who was a big coke dealer and would always want to trade instead of paying cash.  So yeah that happened and all my friends got taken care of always.  To be young again lol.  Anyway after a few years I had worked out all the kinks and indoor growing was starting to be made available to the public.  Grow light companies started popping up selling stuff that was made for growing indoors, not stolen street lights that I started with until an applied hydroponics store opened up a few hours drive from me.  I made my mom drive me there on her day off.  I remember it clearly I knew more than people in store did, they were dumbfounded I was only 15 or 16 at time and spent almosts 1000 dollars and they didn't even have the store fully set up yet they had just opened the day prior.  After a few years I shut it down and joined the military.  Left it all behind me until about 2 to 3 years ago I got bored and needed a hobby so I did my research on what has changed learned what i needed to get caught up bought a tent and its a hobby that i still enjoy and accidentally found my way here and am excited to read and learn from other growers here as well as share anything that may be helpful to others.  I actually have completed grow journals that I keep from previous crops complete with daily written updates along with pictures that go along with them for at least 2 complete crops and 1 I'm currently on that I just started flowering 3 weeks ago.  I would love to post those grows along with current one but am new here and not sure how yet.  So when I figure it out depending on how much work it is to post it here I may post them.  If not at least I will start from where my current grow is and my babies which I have been selectively breeding working towards something that I'm close to but not quite there yet.  Anyways I rambled on enough  I'm glad to be here and excited to contribute or at least talk to people who understand and appreciate growing techniques etc because I have  nobody here to discuss growing with all they care about is the finished project they can care less how you made it.  Lol.  Thanks everyone

• Like 6

@edouble2369, welcome to StrainHunters.  Whenever you are ready, please do start your first journal.

Best place to start is click on "Browse", then scroll down to "Grow Journals Indoor", click there.

Then find "Start New Topic", click in and give it a title, then add a few Tags (Keywords) separated by commas.

Then begin writing...

Add pictures from your computer by scrolling down inside any text editor and clicking on "choose files"...

When ready to submit a post, click on "Save" or "Submit".

You can always change anything by clicking on "Edit" found at the bottom of any of your posts.

We are looking forward to your participation.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I hope you'll have the time to share your grows. I would love to see your method. I'm a new grower and also stumbled on this forum recently and can attest that everyone here is so friendly and always ready to share their knowledge.  Happy growing, @edouble2369 !