Strange leaf growth ?

Botnic

Strain - White lemon 5 weeks into 12/12 

Light - 600w hps  about 25cm away from canopy

Nutes- Advanced nutrients coco bloom range + CX horti mighty bloom

Pots - 6.5ltr 

Medium - coco coir 

Watering - aiming for ph 5.4 to 6.4 (using liquid test so not too accurate) each using about 1 litre a day 

Intake/outtake - not sure on cfm rating but tent stays negative air pressure 24/7 1 oscillating, fan 1 tower oscillating fan, intake 4 inch fan and 6 inch RAM extraction in a 3.3x3.3x6 ft tent 

Climate - around 40% - 60% RH and 28c-30c day temps and 20c - 22c night temps   

Hope I covered everything needed there 

The pots are small because they were short veg to keep them compact btw but anyway my problem being theres alot of what appear to me to be deformed leaves on 1 of the plants  it apart from that it seems very healthy dark green all over very frosty and growing steadily and also gaining very strong citrus scent. Now the second one may not have any issue and could be just what I'd assume is a bad pheno but its completely different to plant 1 (I'll attach some pictures below hopefully you can see the difference too ) the second one stretched for about a week longer so is around 6-8 inches taller with very pointy and skinny colas  with almost no node  spacing its showing no frosting anywhere on the plant and has much skinnier pointy leaves and is very light green In comparison to No1  and also has no smell or stickiness. I'm not familiar with phone types so this could just be some of its traits please enlighten me I hope all that made sense to anybody reading thanks for the help 😁

20200609_070134.jpg

20200609_070129.jpg

20200609_070124.jpg

20200609_070121.jpg

20200609_070133.jpg

20200609_070152.jpg

• Like 1

Hello @Botnic,

I remember the citrus hazy smell from this strain! It is a really nice strain!

But when i look on your setup, 25cm from a 600w hps is to close and you will have heat problem in you top buds. You need to put your lamp at 60cm of your canopy.

After in coco you need to be sure of your PH. It is very important. A little tricks is to use every time the same amount of PH+ or PH* solution if you use de PH liquide tester.

The difference between each pheno is normal because it is nature and every single seeds give differents plants.

Now for the leaf deformation that can become from the genetic, from the treatment you give to the plant or from you environement. Exemple : on 20 seeds of Rainbow Belts x Sourd Bx2 only one plant become completlky creapy, with leaf transformation. almost a mutation. And this plant was just after the intake fan, all the other plant are good just this little plant change and mutate...

13 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Hello @Botnic,

I remember the citrus hazy smell from this strain! It is a really nice strain!

But when i look on your setup, 25cm from a 600w hps is to close and you will have heat problem in you top buds. You need to put your lamp at 60cm of your canopy.

After in coco you need to be sure of your PH. It is very important. A little tricks is to use every time the same amount of PH+ or PH* solution if you use de PH liquide tester.

The difference between each pheno is normal because it is nature and every single seeds give differents plants.

Now for the leaf deformation that can become from the genetic, from the treatment you give to the plant or from you environement. Exemple : on 20 seeds of Rainbow Belts x Sourd Bx2 only one plant become completlky creapy, with leaf transformation. almost a mutation. And this plant was just after the intake fan, all the other plant are good just this little plant change and mutate...

Hi Thanks for taking a look mama Jane 

The haze smell is real nice.

Regarding the lamp distance I've only got about 15cm spare above the lamp and it would kinda block.my osilating fan so I went for having a fan passing over the bulb constantly and I can hold my hand about 5cm from the bulb for pretty much unlimited period of time so I assumed the plants would be okay. I did get a slight bit of heat stress before  introducing the fan but that seemed to solve it. You are correct in the fact it's only the one that overstretched that suffered heat stress the other white lemon is doing fine part from the leaf issue and there's a hso blue dream at the same level that's healthy. I'd like to say it's not reveg as my timers are all working and light leaks are kept to minimum (I dont go I  atall usually in dark hours ) and it's only the one showing excessive stretching the others are 100% healthy except weird leaves haha. With the genetic issues you mentioned the only thing I can think I may have messed with genetics is by adding mightybloom to my advanced nutrients range (cx horticultural culture).

Sorry to sound like a noob here could you elaborate on the ph adjustment  you mean also maybe recommend a decent ph pen. I am waiting to buy a cf truncheon but that isn't affordable atm I bought a cheap 10$ one and it was awful. I rarely adjust the ph as the A/B by advanced nutrients seems to level it out as that's added last

New to figuring out how these forums work I ended up having both replies in there thanks for taking the time to take a look @OG.Naj @Mama Jane

• Like 1

Just thought I've also used a high stress stripping technique that I will repeat at week 5 pretty much all fan leaves removed, I removed every fan leaf until around week 3 hold of 2 weeks and repeat just once mid week 5  I know this can be controversial to some 🙄

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. There could be a few potential reasons, such as genetics, nutrient imbalances, or even pest infestations. Based on your setup and growth details, you're doing everything right about lighting, nutrients, and environmental factors. However, it is worth double-checking the accuracy of your pH levels since that could affect the plant's growth. I used to grow weed, so I know a lot about it. Today, with the services and shops like https://cbdauthentica.com/intimacy

I can grow it without growing it. Good luck!