Critical Orange Punch / Ed Rosenthal Superbud

hunt_a_blunt

High Guys,

I am very happy to present my recently started grow featuring 

CRITICAL ORANGE PUNCH     10x

ED ROSENTHAL SUPERBUD    1x

I was looking for a strain which would yield quite well, because I do not have the oportunity to grow permanently. Besides the yield it was very important to grow something with an interesting flavour. To make a big harvest is nice, but if it doesnt taste well then I am fucked up with every joint I smoke, so I am always looking out for strains with characteristic flavour and after hours of researching and complaining  (its like an alcoholic in a whiykey bar forced to choose just one, lol) I made my choice with COP from Dutch Passion.

What got me interested was the description of the aroma, being described as a mix of hash/lcitrus/fruity. I always loved weed which tastes a bit like hash and I love weed with citrus flavour, so I hope this will be noticeable  at the end. The other thing that made me choose this strain was the effect of the smoke. It is described as quite long lasting, relaxing and a good mix between brain stimulation and physical effect. When I read about this strain it made the impression it could be in some way like the white widdow I grew once and I loved its combination too. Well, we will see.......At the moment the ladies are in flowering day 10, but I will try to begin this report from scratch even though I dont have photos from every single day since germination........

THE SETUP (ask if you want more info...)

- Homebox XL 

- 600 Watt with Adjust-a-wing reflector

- 72watt tubes for germination

- Adequate equip for air circulation 

- 0,3l pots fot germination

-11l pots

- special soil for germination

- Bio Bizz AllMix

- Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom and TopMax

- PH- (unfortunately, but I am forced to) 

THE CLIMATE

Temperature: 26,7 / 20,5

Humidity: 50 / 65 (depending on the weather outside)

Temperature is fine, nothing to worry about. But humidity could be a problem later on. Normally it is about 50-52 percent which is still okay, but depending on the weather it can rise to a level which makes me worry. If someone has a hint how to decreease it without paying lots of money I would be thankful. I guess I will try out putting a bowl of rice or salt in the tent and assure extra ventilation to avoid budrot.

THE START

I ordered a package of 10 fem  seeds and received the Ed Rosenthal Superbud as a bonus which got me pretty excited. I was always interested in this strain and now I am able to check it out. Thanks for the gift! As you can see from the setup, I am using small pots for germination as well as 3 24watt tubes. I am always doing this for the first week (round about) because it would be a waste of energy and way too much light for the little babies. After the first pair of leaves start to develop well, I am changing to the 600Watt, using 24/7 ventilation to strenghten the plant. I am also using Root Juice during the first 2 weeks to help the plant develop them quickly.

GERMINATION

Being put directly into germination soil it took about 3 days until every plant came out of the ground. I think it is the best way to germinate seeds and avoid to damage the root if you germinate them in wet tissues for example. 

FIRST FUCK-UP:)

Unfortunately there was one cripple among the Critical Orange Punch plants. I gave it a chance, but after 2 weeks I noticed it would be way to weak to keep it in the tent. This never happened before, but it is ok. So 10 plants are in the tent, thanks to the Ed Rosenthal Superbud Bonus:) Actually, as things are looking now I am somehow "happy" for the cripple, because I am really short on space......I didnt know the strain and really underestimated the growth and judged it as a more indica dominant variety.....

VEGETATION

The plants really developed well and quite fast after I changed to the 600w, so after almost 2 weaks I decided to change them into their final 11l pots. Some may say it is difficult to chance them from 0,3l directly into 11l, but as I have to keep time in mind and didnt want to stress them 2 times in 4 weaks I decided to do so. The plants seemed to be very happy with their new home and started to grow well. 

After almost exactly 4 weaks I switched to 12/12, because the "tiniest" plant already reached 45cm and the tallest one 60cm!! What I could already notice is that this strain seems to have 3 phenotypes.....As I will add photos later on, you will see what I mean. So far there was no problem at all apart from the cripple that I removed and the humidity some days.

FLOWERING

As mentioned above, ladies are now in Flowering Day 10 and today I am having a difficult choice.....2 of the plants will be removed because they start to show male signs too. This is really bad, bacause they looked interesting and different from the others. But I prefer to remove them before there will be pollination all over. The one plant showing male signs would have made a big headbut and I was thinking twice about removing the pollensacks and pay attention, but the other plants look so good so far that I really dont want to mess them up.

So guys, thanks for reading this lot of text.....feel free to comment, ask, give me hints......a respectful form of comunication is very appreciated;) And please be a little patient, because I cannot upload photos right now.

• Like 4

First photo you see is the Ed Rosenthal Superbud shortly before flowering. As you can tell from the light, the other photos are from the flowering stage, I guess day 4 or so. Even though it is not the best quality (apologize) I took them to show you the different phenotypes at least a bit. The second photo was taken 2 days ago and you can see now how I underestimated growth and why I am happy that I had one cripple. Even if I remove 2 plants today, the tent will still be fully loaded. The third photo show a very beutiful phenotype of the COP.....the one just on the right side......

• Like 1

Well, this photo was from vegetation week 3! Next time I grow this strain I think I will switch to flowering period then....The plant in the middle got a little bit burned, because they grew heavily from one day to another what I did not expect.....But it recovered and it looks fine

SAM_0143.JPG

• Like 5

Update.........Yesterday I decided to drop 2 of the plants, beccause they startet to show male signs.....unfortunately....still though the tent is full and I am enjoying now to see the other plants blooming more and more.......It is flowering day 12 and I hope they will develop fine and form nice buds....the last plant got executed yesterday.....I really liked its looks, but no chance for genderissues here,lol........if this would have been 100% female I would have made a mother out of it.....needs little space, seems pretty strong etc......perfect for small space.....well, we cant have everything:)

SAM_0163.JPG

SAM_0164.JPG

SAM_0165.JPG

SAM_0166.JPG

SAM_0194.JPG

SAM_0191.JPG

SAM_0190.JPG

SAM_0181.JPG

SAM_0179.JPG

• Like 4

Hi Mama,

thank you.....english is not my native language and I dont understand the term...."level bowl shaped canopy"....please tell me what that means......just stood up and I am still AFB=Away from Brain,lol....

The last picture is not my growroom obviously, haha....its where I bring males or hermaphrodites to carefully check and mostly......end their circle of life.....BUT in my case....I am making tea out of the leaves...so they arent useless.

There is a lot of equipment one can buy....seeing your report made me remember that I used the same reflector.....and I had temperature issues too. I saw that there are 29,4 degrees in your room. Must not be a problem, but constant 25-26 degrees (at daytime) is better in many cases...therefore I would buy the "adjust-a-wing" reflector. It is not expensive, is...you wont believe...adjustable,lol...and it really lowers temperature and allows you to go very near to your plants....meaning it is very effective. Dont remember how much the temp dropped when I changed to that one, but trust me.......you will love it. Using this reflector while using one vent to blow away the warm air just below the reflector works fine

I will update on weekend, and I will try to find an angle to take a foto where you can see the reflector and how close you can go.....greetz

UPDATE

Its flowering day 21...one thing happened...I came back after almost 3 days and noticed that the tims-shifting-clock (u undersand?) was changed to 24/7, bacause its broke......I hope plants didnt switch into vegetation  again......

Im pretty fucked up, fixed it, removed the pollensacks that cane out because of the "unnormal" light, and now Im begging everything works well....we will see......Im still sry for the quality o the fotos...Ill work out on that one............I will add fotos soon

@aquakush: thanks.......when I upload later today, u will see why I think one of the phenos is a monster outdoors.....what this plant does indoors in incredible, imagine outdoors.......still a bit "angry" for the technical issue I had...

So finally the fotos.........looks good so far, hope it stays this way and plants stay healthy and there will be no problem at all.......dont know how you feel at this stage of a grow, but I am getting more and more nervous......cant do anything, besides tell myself to chill.....because u cant smell, see or hear it......well.......can someone please give me a good and cheap option to deal with humidity??at the moment it is arround 60%.......I guess its not good at this time of the year indoors......tried out salt, but doesnt work too well......have a fan 24/7, but maybe there is something to be done I dont know....thx in advance

Second foto is taken for mama, to show her the reflector I can really recommend........The third shows my favourite pheno of the Critical Orange punch......grow this one outdoors and u will surely get a super harvest. The more sativa dominant pheno shows the most trichomes...lovely

The tallest plant meausres 130cm and the smallest 105cm. I hope they stop gaining height,lol......But if it stays this way I can still handle it without stress. What really impresses me are the sidebranches of the critical orange punch.....they are really strong and even the lower sidebranches are worth keeping......

BUT so far I would say it is recommendable to make a mother, or one from every pheno and then work with clones....because it is not that homogenetic. What really looks fine and really good for indoors is the Ed Rosenthal /NL.......Few leaves, very simetric, good bud formation.....so far I would recommend it. What really gets on my nerves is the hermaphrodites. Of courese due to this technical issue it may not be a problem of the strain itself, but even before I had to get rid of 2 because of that. Really never had issues with Dutch Passion but could always read aabout people complaining......seems it hit me this time. 

I am quite sure even though I control the plants carefully that there will be a few seeds......BUT feminin plant crossed with a 95+ % female hermaphrodite could result in some good seeds. I hope I can avoid it, but if you look at the mass of green its very likely to overlook something. Anyways, I guess if everything goes more or less smothly, then the yield will be good. 

overview.jpg

light.jpg

bud11.jpg

indica.jpg

bud32.jpg

bud2.jpg

bud3.jpg

bud9.jpg

bud21.jpg

bud22.jpg

bud27.jpg

bud29.jpg

bud32.jpg

• Like 1

Well, if you look carefully you may notice from the fotos there seems to be a nutrient problem.....I guess it is because of the unwanted shift to 24/7 daytime. I am not sure wether this is because the plants request nitrogen again at a level they shouldnt, or if it is because they are really really hungry for potasium for example.  Any idea? Best to be seen on foto nr5 from the ones I posted last times.......the teeth of the leaves turn a little bit yellow, hardly to be recognised, so still not too bad. I know plants do this from the bottom to top when going to finish, but on the foto I am talking about you see one main part of one plant.

I am wondering what to do......giving them nitrogen right now wouldnt make sense, because after correcting the time again to 12/12 they should adapt in a few days. Using biological nutrients its actually really difficult to give them too much feeding. Therefore I am mostly using a bit more then recommended....never had this problem and so my question is......increase flowering nutrients, because plants are big and hungry, wait because it is this way due to the technical issue....or - what I dont think...I gave them too much....the last option would  be.....the plants unexpectedly grew so big that they would need bigger pots....but at this stage I dont think it would make much sense to change that....or am I wrong??

thanks for your comments to help me brainstorm....just recognised this one today, because last time I was too busy 

Yeah this helps, thanks.......magnesium deficiency then this is due to the ph level of the tap water...I am adjusting it every time, but must have made a mistake last time. As I am using soil I guess it must be fine when I just give them right ph level from now on again. 

• Like 1

tanks for your nice comment......yes, the babies look nice even though I am concerned....It is because I am worried befor it gets worse.......beside it was not to be expected......I just hurried last time and seems I messed up a lil.....anyways....today I took a look and it seemed better. Since I wouldnt flush organic soil I will just chek carefully. Buds get bigger and I AM FAR FROM WORSE::::::> still though Im pissed, cause its my mistake.....

I HAVE GOT A NEW PROBLEM; DEVIL LAUGHING AT MY FACE;LOL

Thing is, the humidity I couldnt explane comes from a broken "tube"(??)...the tube where water comes out seems a lil broke...if to much water passes, then it rises humidity....until drops can be seen upon the tubes......didnt realize this, because everything seemes to work (and this problem arose just few days ago).....so I have to shift the the room......that meens I need a new tent with differnt height......this is not available right now....meaning......eytra spending....etc......wtf......but at this stage I prefer to pay extra instead of looking dumb.....but its a bad time, because I have many extra ocasiosns to spend money on besides growing........not convenient,lol

that sounds like too much work all the time....besides I cant imagine that this has en effect....anyways. It is not that bad with the tube, but enough to increasse humidity. It is way easier for me to buy another tent and move to another room, even though I could imagine better things. But thanks for your idea.......

• Like 1

So, tomorrow I will send an update from the bush,lol........Really, this grow becomes quite intense with lots of stuff happening one cant and wouldnt plan........never had to adapt so much. Finally due to the problems in the house that resulted in craftsmen taking care of I had to move the plants all outdoors.

Somehow crazy, but I checked every possible room and there was either a temp problem or humidity problem which I couldnt solve to satisfaction. So, as I didnt want to end it all in week 4, me and a friend made a risky move that luckily turned out well. I am quite "amused" because the buds really started to grow now and would have been fantastic below indoor light. Well see if they stay unnoticed outside and without any damage from animals or whatso......

As I cant put them just aside the street I needed to find a more or less hidden space, which is difficult in the area arround here, and that results in places that are allright but not perfect if we consider bright sunlght. Anyways better than nothing. Today in the early morning I took a look and the smell is.........wtf......intense too. Tomorrow I wont forget the camera and post something here. 

After unloading the plants we noticed that the wagon we used still smelled so obvious.......that we had to wait for like 2-3 hours before we went away.....if the weed tastes like it smells it will be delicious.

But if the weed will finish well I think I am going to grow it outdoors next year. When the work is done in the house, then it is possible for me to grow in a room which now would be too warm....think I will check out cheese then

• Like 1

HuntaBLunt proudly presents his new growing tent from the brand.....Pacha Mama......it really didnt cost anything, besides stress and work;)

Ladies still have 4 weeks or 5 to go.....smell so awesome......I hope noone will find them, or leave them in peace if so....Sorry some of the fotos are not converted into a better format, I am pretty busy at the moment.......Will take more time next time....But outdoors where I am it is better to rush at daytime

SAM_0340.JPG

SAM_0339.JPG

SAM_0338.JPG

SAM_0336.JPG

SAM_0335.JPG

SAM_0334.JPG

SAM_0333.JPG

SAM_0332.JPG

SAM_0331.JPG

SAM_0330.JPG

SAM_0329.JPG

SAM_0328.JPG

SAM_0327.JPG

SAM_0326.JPG

• Like 4

High guys,

here is a little update from the bush....for 3 days there was a storm with about 90km max speed. When it was not that windy, we had like 60km per hour. Besides it rained heavily. I was sitting home and send prayers to the great mother that she would protect the little babies I put so much love and effort in. Going there today in the morning I was very happy to see that nothing is broke and the plants seem to do as well as they can with the actual situation. I hope you enjoy the pictures......greetz and good luck to all of your projects...stay healthy

one of the plants will finish definetly later than the rest. Thought that all the time. But it is a pheno which will yield good.  My absolute favourite, the one that was in the tent just on the right side, which grows like a very big bush yields well too. If I could have finished this grow indoors, the yield would undoubtetly great. I love the smell, and somehow it is ok that there is different phenos, because having just 1 genetic, there is more of difference then. For everyone who is interested in this strain to grow indoors I would recomend to get yourself a mother and then work with clones. Then I guess with good setup and temp etc, you would break the 1g per watt.

Having to move the plants outdoors of course makes it difficult to write a review, but what I can see is, that there is one pheno indica dominant which yields great, another which has more sativa to it, which would yield great and then the other/s which would not produce that much bud, but still good average. Besides, I had to bring them to spots where there is not bright sunlight all the time. Some spots are better than others, so I must be so fair to mention that. Still though I love the smell......skunky, fruity. So difficult to hide;)

SAM_0353.JPG

SAM_0356.JPG

SAM_0357.JPG

SAM_0358.JPG

SAM_0361.JPG

SAM_0363.JPG

SAM_0365.JPG

SAM_0366.JPG

SAM_0368.JPG

SAM_0370.JPG

SAM_0371.JPG

SAM_0373.JPG

SAM_0374.JPG

SAM_0375.JPG

SAM_0379.JPG

SAM_0380.JPG

SAM_0381.JPG

SAM_0385.JPG

SAM_0386.JPG

SAM_0388.JPG

SAM_0389.JPG

SAM_0390.JPG

SAM_0392.JPG

• Like 5

High Guys,

heres a little update on the plants.....today I didnt have that much space left on my sd-card, but at least some impressions. Looking at the plants, I guess tomorrow will be the last day they will get feeding and then I will start to give them pure water. I hope we will have some sunny 2 weeks, because the last week it was mostly dense clouds, but however the heavy rain didnt have any bad causes, so I would consider this strain quite resistent against mold.

I really cant wait to get out my little axe and chop them down. The smell really is amazing guys, I am so eager to taste it.....and very curious about the high. And I am already planning to produce some hash from the trimming. Wont be that much I guess, but I will use it for special days. 

When harvest day has come, I will cut branch by branch, put them into a plastic bag so I wont mix up buds from the different plants and then put these bags into an airtight barrel of 52l. This must be enough space to get everything in and disappear without smelling. Then I will bring home the essence of my work and start manicuring. 

SAM_0393.JPG

SAM_0398.JPG

SAM_0400.JPG

SAM_0401.JPG

SAM_0403.JPG

• Like 3

Hi there,

thanks for your nice words.....I dont know yet what to think.....On the one hand side I am enjoying what I see, on the other I am not satisfied, because the grow didnt go along ideally. BUT for allt he things that happened I should stop bothering.......Harvest day comes near......And I hope noone will shoot me, because dear hunters season has begun......well see...if I dont post anymore I am rottening in the woods serving as animal feeding,lol

• Like 1

When time is passing slowly

The holy days are near

I am wating, hesitating

Bewing nervous

Awful fear

It gives me joy to watch it

but now it all must disapeat

Three holy months passed slowly

And now

I cut your head of and your arms

Took much care

Now get her calms

Thats why I love my palms

As I comfort them they get older

Childhood, then adolescence

Til grown up they get much bolder

But now I close this folder

I earned the essence

Of my love, my work, my stress

I never mind and will confess

Im a legal criminal

But less harmful

than the shit arround

So I say Green Bless

just inspiration......

• 1 month later...

High Guys,

sorry for the late update / finish of my little report. I was very busy and in hospital........and my potato cam got broke.....But I will shoot some photos from the buds today or until thursday. 

Harvesting in the early morning went fine, no hunters shot me;) I can highly recommend these barrels for transport that I was talking about in an earlier post. NO SMELL AT ALL! Very cool. So I went to the spots, quickly cut off the branches, and disappeared. I had a second barrel with me, which was just for my clothing. So I stopped somewhere in the woods, and changed clothes quickly and stored the smelling clothing in the barrel. The barrels had been in a big sportsbag, so it just looked like I would like to play Tennis. Absolutely stealth. 

Then I had to do quite a journey to get to the place where I was about to dry the buds. I felt very happy and relieved when I got all the green out of the barrel and was surprised how much that was. Unfortunately, the weather, which was very humid the last week, caused some of the very big maincolas to rotten from inside. This happened to the phenotype which was kush dominant and had very dense and hard buds. This sucks a little, because I really love the kush dominant variety. But I have to admit this may have happened because the plants had to be hidden well, because of very curious motherfuckers I saw one night. So I changed the plants again and hid them very well. But this meant I had to give them a place where the wind wouldnt blow as much as it would have been good. When I first saw the big colas having that issue, I really felt sad, but started manicuring.......when I was done and had the rotten stuff, the quality trimmings and the good  buds stored....I was estimating the quantiy......

HOLY SHIT!!! All in all this strain is SO RECOMMENDABLE.....I mean, this grow really wasnt perfect....I had to change from in- to outdoors, I had to throw away almost 20% of bud.....and due to the weather I cut the trees 1 week before I actually would have done.......AND STILL GOT 405gr of quality  bud and a very big jar of quality trimmings which I didnt weight, but should be about 150gr. The buds were drying for about 7 days, got stashed in glasses, and then, after about another week, I started to give them about 1 hour of drying daily before storing them again. The taste is absolutely smooth, no scratch and the characteristics are clearly noticeable. I would have done this process even smoother, but was afraid of loosing more bud, because the humidity was about 62%.....so I had to put up a fan which caused the buds to dry a lil faster than I would have liked to.

In my opinion, this is really insane considerng circumstances.......They "only" had 11l pots and still produced crazy, even after changing from in to outdoors. And it didnt cause them to produce pollensacks. In total I found 2 seeds. But I knew that before I moved them outdoors. Now, lets see what the taste is like....

As I said there are different phenotypes. You can clearly notice that there is a variety which has more Orange bud genetic to it......it is a "smoother taste" and really makes you think of orange bud......the other one, the kush dominant has a clear kush dominant aroma to it, which orange bud in the background. And then, there is this "other" phenotype, sativa dominant......which just tastes very smooth and somehow "neutral".....but I dont mean that negative......I just couldnt tell what is dominant here. 

After cutting I smoked a lil hash ball I produced from the resin on my hand and scissors.....holy fuck......got me totally stoned.

Dutch Passion is not promising too much when they say that this strain will produce big yield and how the weed would taste and have effect. The high is very longlasting, after some weeks of smoking I cant say that it hits less, because you are used to it. It has a very relaxing high, making you so chilled and smooth that nothing would disturb you or make you impatient;) You will be in your flow.....and you are still able to do things, even go amongst other humans, haha..... And, at least for me.........it is also smokeble if you would like to have some sort of intercourse, it is very supportive,lol;) So I would consider this a very good weed for many occasions. Can smoke in the morning or eve......the only thing that this weed wont be good for......sleep. When I smoke this maybe 1 hour before I go to sleep it is likely I will wake up right in the middle of the night. There are some weeds doing that to me.....so for persons being affected by full moon.....better smoke some violator kush;) But I wouldnt even critisize that.....

After this grow, this strain goes right into my "hall of fame".......I will grow this strain again 100%. 

Judging the important thigs....

Yield

8/10......Would have given more, but must say that without clones you need to be a little lucky, because there is a phenotype not producing big yield. If you get too much of that one, then you cant crack the high score. Working with clones and the right pheno....10/10

Taste

9/10 Absolutely great. Even though I coudlnt notice a clear hash aroma ( Iwas hoping for) and there are varieties like lemon skunk having way more citrus flavour....It is weed you dont get tired of smoking. Besides, taste would have been better if I could have dried a lil slower, but this is no problem from the genetic itself. 

Looks

8/10 The Kush dominant buds look great and the leave/bud ratio is very nice;) The fluffier buds are also nice, being in a good spot the calyxes really get blown up big. But you have a lot of work to do when it comes to manicuring.

Smell

8/10 Well.......cant hide the smell;) Especially the orange bud pheno. When the plants are still alive, you shouldnt put more than 2 on one spor, because if you do.....you will smell them from a mile away.

High / Stone

10/10 As I was hoping......a good mix between brain and body effect. For the purpose I would use it for, clearly 10/10.

So, thanks to our great mother for allowing me to enjoy the fruit of my work and providing the plants.....Hope you guys found this small report interesting and informative. Good luck to your projects. And this week, if nothing unplanned will happen....I am still going to produce some hash and bake some cookies......of course I will report on that too;) The promised photos will be here this week.

Oh yes......the Ed Rosenthal Superbud / NL crossing.......Very nice plant too. It has dense buds, produces big trichomes and is very smooth in smoke. It gets you more sort of stoned and the leave/bud ratio is very great, not much work. I really like it, and will try this one out again too some day. The only negative point is the yield. Would have expected to produce some more with the NL in it. But I saw the plant indoors starting very well, and then after moving it outdoors, it somehow finished very slowly. So I think it is better to grow that strain indoors or in southern regions.

• Like 3