What should we do with this forum?

admin

Should we abandon the forum or should we upgrade it to the newest version?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with the forum?

• Abandon and close the forum completely
    • Upgrade the forum to the newest version

WOW I am amazed you guys are thinking of abandoning this forum there is 11 years worth of content, that's a lot of stuff to just dump.

Lots of great grow journals and useful information that people have shared, just check out online users and you will see lots of guests reading new content and content from the past.

Remember you cannot create a grow journal on Facebook or Instagram and bear in mind that social media is trendy and fashionable at the moment these things change, forums existed before social media and there will be lots of forums after people lose interest in social media.

For me if you shut this forum it would be crap I do not do social media I saw them coming so I won't be joining you on Instagram or Facebook and I won't be joining 420 I browse it sometimes and there are are interesting articles and information about growing but it ain't Strain Hunters.

What makes this forum is the fact there are journals for most of the strains GHS sell which is unique, most people creating journals are growing Green House strains other seed banks do not have a forum like this.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

+1 Gasmeter, 

I personally would be very sorry to remove so much content. There's a lot of journals, a lot of history here.

In my opinion, a complete update, a makeover, reorganizing everything a bit... is an option to try before deleting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

:party: upgrade for sure,  i went a bit mia, for a bit and was happy to return and see many new members, i think it would be a terrible shame to just close it down.  Even though there doesnt seem to be any more strain hunter expeditions , its really lovely to reminisce and re watch/ read the expeditions and Francos content, which is also in this forum. I agree with Jose, and there is no votes for shutting down the forum/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why you don't put grow story of the staff or légal growers and story of growers from différents  country like in your vidéo of the strainhunters or people of the street from all the world smoking weed and others 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Godess_T it looks like the Admin's might have deliberately disabled new user registrations.

But after doing some research I read some information where it was the users IP address that was on a blacklist, that said when I checked if I could load the registration page using Mozilla Firefox I also see the same message that Registration is currently disabled.

I also fire up TOR browser to test if my IP was the issue but when I clicked the link to sign up and the registration page loaded I still see the same message that Registration has been disabled, so it looks like the Admin's may be deliberately disabled registrations for some reason.

I will message the Admin's to see what is going on.

But in the meantime don't try to create user accounts for other people, let them create their own accounts, as a moderator when I find a user who has created multiple user accounts I automatically ban them, I show no mercy, this is typical SPAMMER behaviour.

There is no good reason for any user to create multiple user accounts, if you have forgotten your password for your account there is a tool to allow you to reset your password as long as you know your username and the email address you used to sign up with you will be able to successfully rest you password and regain access and control of your user account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gasmeter said:

@Godess_T it looks like the Admin's might have deliberately disabled new user registrations.

But after doing some research I read some information where it was the users IP address that was on a blacklist, that said when I checked if I could load the registration page using Mozilla Firefox I also see the same message that Registration is currently disabled.

I also fire up TOR browser to test if my IP was the issue but when I clicked the link to sign up and the registration page loaded I still see the same message that Registration has been disabled, so it looks like the Admin's may be deliberately disabled registrations for some reason.

I will message the Admin's to see what is going on.

But in the meantime don't try to create user accounts for other people, let them create their own accounts, as a moderator when I find a user who has created multiple user accounts I automatically ban them, I show no mercy, this is typical SPAMMER behaviour.

There is no good reason for any user to create multiple user accounts, if you have forgotten your password for your account there is a tool to allow you to reset your password as long as you know your username and the email address you used to sign up with you will be able to successfully rest you password and regain access and control of your user account.

Hi dude,

I'm trying to attract people to the forum, they write that registration is not available, or long confirmation of registration.

I'm interested in making the forum flourish, so I'm promoting it to growers.

I hope the registration will be made easier.

Peace!

Ps: More than 10 growers are already waiting for registration.

• Like 2

I can`t write here like a regular member but sometime I can return and look or write something. I do not know why right now you have decided that you need this unequivocal choice. In my opinion forums are a long-term project. And even if someone does not sit and write here all the time, this is a normal. Personally, I do not know how many people will be able to come here in the next years, but if the forum is closed completely they will be exactly 0. Perhaps the easiest way is to leave everything like it was before and not look for unnecessary problems. It seems someone is just depressed. All these updates do not give anything, the forum is people and information. If there is any significant potential to update, of course you can do it, but personally I do not see it here. Or I do not see that it can fundamentally change in terms of the essence of the forum itself and those people who are here or will be.

• Like 1

With the registration problem it seems that the IT staff are looking into it, hopefully they will fix it soon and people can join the forum.

I agree a forum is a long term thing, keeping the forum software updated and patched is important to keep the forum and the server its on secure, as well as anything that needs to be fixed in the theme or themes due to subtle updates to the way browsers conform to specifications.

One thing with the Strain Hunters theme I would advise is to remove the expression from whichever style sheet it resides in to stop users selecting text, this is awful if your reading a journal or post in another language you can't select the text so you can copy it and paste it into Google translate, yet under the Default theme you can select text in the web page.

The main thing that needs to be fixed is stopping search engines crawling, indexing and caching the forum and its content, this is why people join and then leave.

A few have asked is the site secure and then they disappear never to be seen again in the forum and I now realise it was probably because they found their own stuff on Google.

With sites like 420 Magazine in the US most people on there grow legally and the legal penalties are light for those not growing legally the people on the site/forum are in a different position and do not mind the fact their content can be easily found using Google.

Unfortunately in the rest of the world we are still under prohibition and have to be careful.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

@Godess_T the reactions are same as likes in the older version of the forum software, I think we get 20 per 24 hours, that's how it was before the forum software was upgraded.

Oh great, glad to see the forum developing.

If you noticed in the thread in Russian, there were added reports and there will be more.

GrowMarket work 👍

We will develop it further.

Peace.

• Like 1

Yes I saw the new reports that's great news that people are joining the forum.

I can see that less content is now visible in Google when I search and that some things have changed so that the directives in the robots file will be respected in the future and new content will not be crawled, indexed and cached by Google.

But it the old content they have already cached will need to be removed, it takes a week or so for them to process requests to have stuff removed from the cache.

I am still using the Default theme provided with the forum software for me it is much better and more usable than the Strain Hunters Boom 2021 theme which at least is a lighter hue of brown than the last theme and has a better contrast with the text colour in posts, in the old theme the contrast was too low the colours were too close.

And having to verify your over 18 is a bit foolish and redundant, when I joined if I had needed to enter a fake date of birth when I created an account I would not have joined the forum I would definitely have pissed off, it is foolish asking a criminal for their date of birth 😂

The good news is the problem with registering is now solved so new users can join the forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gasmeter said:

Yes I saw the new reports that's great news that people are joining the forum.

I can see that less content is now visible in Google when I search and that some things have changed so that the directives in the robots file will be respected in the future and new content will not be crawled, indexed and cached by Google.

But it the old content they have already cached will need to be removed, it takes a week or so for them to process requests to have stuff removed from the cache.

I am still using the Default theme provided with the forum software for me it is much better and more usable than the Strain Hunters Boom 2021 theme which at least is a lighter hue of brown than the last theme and has a better contrast with the text colour in posts, in the old theme the contrast was too low the colours were too close.

And having to verify your over 18 is a bit foolish and redundant, when I joined if I had needed to enter a fake date of birth when I created an account I would not have joined the forum I would definitely have pissed off, it is foolish asking a criminal for their date of birth 😂

The good news is the problem with registering is now solved so new users can join the forum.

Oh thanks for the answer Bro.

I also had fun with the date of birth)

I like the new design

We will continue to promote Green House

Franco was the first to send me seeds when I was released from prison many years ago, it’s a pity I didn’t have time to bring him to the Chu Valley

Respect to Aryan as always! We are waiting for fresh seeds and new varieties

peace!

PS: Visit the reports more often, your opinion and participation is important 🤝 

Pps: the new version of the forum still gives out bugs a little ... well, I think it will be fixed over time.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 3:00 AM, gasmeter said:

Your welcome bro

Now you guys are posting in the Russian section there is something interesting to check out. 👍

Hi Bro,

same problem, people can't wait for confirmation ...

IMG_20210213_161628_174.thumb.jpg.11743764178abd5c756fb38bcd71bce9.jpg

can even remove it? Losing a lot of people?

Peace

• 2 weeks later...