GHSC strains odor levels....

Ares

I guess this question is really for Franco but anybody who has grown GHSC strains input would also be helpful. :)

I would like to know the GHSC strains that have low to medium odor. I'm currently growing G13 Haze and it's pretty smelly. I obvioulsy have a nice big carbon filter running but also have to use an ozone generator set to low to catch any leakages! I'd rather not have to rely on ozone to do this for obvious reasons.

May I also suggest that information on odor levels is added to the GHS website? I think allot of people will find this information useful when selecting seeds. maybe a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being very low to 10 being very smelly.

Anyways I look forward to your comments. :)

Ares

• 3 weeks later...

Heres my experience, organic/soil.

Great white shark 10/10 - strong sweet skunky with blueberry. A skunk cload pours off this plant. Smell travels a long way indoor and out. Be Warned!

Himalaya gold 5/10 - Smells like coffee in veg and carries a little. Smells like cocoa based chocolate cake mix when budding and doesn't really carry much, smell is fairly localised to plant in bud.

White rhino 3/10 - Not really muchy smell off this one, sort of piney sweet and soft berry when rubbed.

Haze no.3 4/10 - Very herbal woody smell, lemongrass was the most identifiable, very unique, some sweetness, mostly smelled when rubbed or in close proximity. Smell didn't really travel off the plant.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest samuelo
I had church in my last grow - had a mixture so cant say what the odour level of this plant was but really nice tight buds and a mellow smoke - have heard alot of people saying they like a bit of church so i am sure that you will be rewarded

• 3 weeks later...

No I don´t think soo. Have 1.5 more weeks to go with my church ladies and still no problem with odor from this strain yet. My last grow was a terrible smeller, GHSC White widow, started to smell already in the veg phase and the last weeks of bloom really got me paranoid xD Good suggestion about GHSC to give some odor INFO on their products at the homepage:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

Northern Light 5 is known for having very little odor; but, my friend instead of using ozone, why not us a ionizer. Before carbon filters and ozone everyone used them and they work very well, and the negative ions increase plant growth.

I am not using a carbon filter(as they only last about one to two years) or ozone(too hard to use safely with out my neighbors smelling ozone. I use a powerful air cleaner that relies on negative ions and a small filter. I have seen a room 10 by 10 full of super skunk, which stinks, and there was no smell in the room whatsoever. In a room full of negative ions no odor particle can stay in the air as it is zapped by the negative ions(smells have a positive charge) and fall to the ground.

look around, you can get a good one for not a lot of money. You too will enjoy breathing the air.

happy growing

Guest superbluehaze

I have two strains a white label white Rhino and the Church. The church is still only young(under one month) but it stinks the most; i love it. I use a mixture of organic and hydroponic fertilizers. Organics make the plants stink. Use an ionizer my friend and it will solve your problems and it is healthy for you and the plants. (not ozone - an ionizer, something very different).

happy growing

• 7 months later...
Guest superbluehaze

I have grown the church, white rhino, Arjan's haze 1.

They are all bloody amazing.

I have an ozone and positive ion generator.

It was a waste of money - I have never used it for odor control, as I have not had to, and I live very close to others.

heat has an influence on odor and of course the genetics of the plant.

also I do not fill my plants up with chemicals.

i have had no odor problems at all, or very little - I could smell it in the room but not outside of it..

happy growing,

john

great suggestions Ares!!!

odor levels,very good idea.

I have problems with strong odor,may result in problems with the police.

Baaddd.

What about train wreck-strong or week odor,what do you think?

Some new verified information about any strain ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys. I thought this might be a good place to ask this question.

Is the mild-medium-strong slider guide for each strain on the www.greenhouseseeds.nl relating to ODOR or POTENCY?

I believe it's relating to potency, but I'm not sure as some of the strains that displaying higher THC/CBD/CBN levels only show a "medium" rating on this slider... but strains like Exodus Cheese, Kalashnikova, and Ladyburn 1974 all show a "strong" rating, and I know the cheese and AK47 are known to be very strong smelling....

So, is this rating slider for overall intensity of odor or overall potency strength?

Below is a pic showing the grey & yellow slider I am talking about:

ExodusCheese.jpg

Thanks

• 5 months later...

ghsc super lemon haze best smoke ive had for a few years 10/10

ghsc super silver nice old skool smoke about 7-8 really potent in last 2 weeks though

ghsc super critical really easy to grow very tight buds and smell musky 5/10

big Buddha blue cheese very impressive plant fast growing shows nice buds withing 3 weeks of tuning light 12/12 and just continues to swell up right until the last day very berry smell about 9/10 but it tastes the same as it smells

have fun hope my little bit of knowledge can help you peace and happy growing

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello to you all! The GHS Jack herrer reaks like no other i´ve ever encountered!so 10/10 Stays very very small, but the smell was so bad that only 1 plant needed a carbon filter to not smell outside the apartment!

Next my self im tryin out next some Arjans haze 3 and Himalayan gold! let see about those, but the Other GHS smells that i´ve haved (LOL) are:

SSH i´ll give it a 7-8/10 so pretty overwhelming on the last weeks or and as mentioned..

Arjans haze#1, was a monster!! but didn´t smell so bad even at the end - would have needed a lot more than i think 11 weeks.. 3-4/10 the yeld was not so good couse early chop- about 70g. would haze been a 100 probably with 2 more weeks.. but even the leaf of the plant was so strong! never have wound that on a plant before! :D WOA!

as The church too, not that bad, but starts to smell little sooner than avarage, thus so fast plant! 5/10 very very fast plant! increddible

Arjans strawberrry haze filled the room with little smell, which was lovely, but not too baddly at all i think! and filter was not needed that time, but it was not possible to flower that girl to the end: only to the end of 8th or the 9th week.. so cant say how much it would smelled at the end. No more than SSH I think, probably less..

Next, i´ll give info on the Kalashnikova after some time! ;) least I hope :D

It´s a very lovely indida and grows wildly, big and seems fast... there was 1 trifolioid(or what the heck it is called??) that made a 3 leaves on the stem ins thead of normal 2.(!) need a lot of nitrogen and feeding!

Tips are allways welcome to me even on my inbox, offcourse i´m trying to learn by reading info, but but I would want know all the trikcs! :P

GREEZ FROM FIN!

until next time -Happy growing everyone - keep it green. & surely Peace :SSS

Hey man thanks for this really cool Smell report ;)

Reading it seems ( and it sounds logical) that the haze's mainly smell less than the other gh strain, good to know :) Strawberry haze is so on my list since a long time ^^

The trifoliate plant gave me a very nice yeild, i hope you will like it, i found it pretty light in taste and high, but still a nice smoke ;)

If you want to get some good advices or just congratulations on your grow, you can create a grow journal, we'll for sure be following it ;)

Have a good grow

Hey guys, here's the report on the various GH strain i've seen:

White rhino: Mine was smelling pretty strong, very fruity smell sow that helps, but still i wouldnt get more than 3 plants if you're scared with smell issues...

White Widow: She smells when you put your nose in it, other than that she's pretty alright...

Cheese: She smells like a mofo especially in the last 3 weeks or so ( drying is a bitch as well try not to cut all the plants at once or the cops will knock on your door lol)

Moby Dick: The White rhino in worse, i mean dont get it confuse i loooooove her smell but your neighbour wont...

Trainwreck: The "best" as far as indoor growing goes to me, she has no smell at all, when i first grew the strain i thought the weed was shitty... Then i smoked it ;)

Peace!

• Like 1

i can totally agree with you on the cheese mate , she really stinks

I love it though , and really love her... I was a bit concern after tokage comment on the cheese but i've got ot say with all my scepticism GH cheese is legit, or to be totally fair the first cheese i've cutted is the shit!

She's tasty even though she's just dried up, i've let her sit in a paper box as many of you (including Dust ;) ) advise me to do and well after 3 days she's already way tastier. (Plus the high is pretty amazing, i understand why franco always speaks abouthtose cheese joint now!)

But i dont mind to take the discussion off topic my bad moderators!!!

Peace!

• Like 1

i dont know if you dig autoflowering plants but if so the green o matic is pretty tame smell wise until you start touching it i once had two plants in my closet in full flower and i had a city inspector come and chack out my roomthe guy even did his measurements right beside my closet door and he didnt seem to notice a thing and iknow my landlord didnt the autobomb so far is pretty tame too but as the resin is starting to pick up the smell is going with it so the jury is out on that one.

one thing i thought iwould say about the great white shark its definatly a stinker it builds up a lot ofpotent resin that has a really strong odor taht being said it does have a very unique smelling resin so unique i think in small operations the odor would be able to control or disguised, jack herer another sort of mild smelling plant