Silverback Nordic Guerilla Grow

Hi,

I'm growing the silverback guerilla style, I should've started this a long time ago but after I hurt my feet at work I've been under the influence of strong painkillers because I could barely walk. I thought the plants would die during the heat however I haven't been watering once so I assume the roots have grown so deep that the plants are absorbing water from the swamp or marsh. The plants are growing guerilla style near a spot where I grew last year and last time I was there the plants were big and bushy, roughly around 2.5 meter tall.

So far the plants are doing fine so let's see how they'll be doing towards harvest.

In the picture the silverback plants are on the right side however they are growing with a lot of other plants  so they might be hard to spot but I know which are which, the plants are growing on the edge of a swamp or marsh (not sure which is correct to describe it), the plants are growing among reeds on a mound which is way above the waterline and I also added metric ton of my soilmix to make the mound higher.

IMG_2304.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mama Jane said:

Hi.

They look super healthy, a fertile home you found them.

You have done very well despite your troubles.

jane.:clapping:

It all comes down to the soilmix, I want my soil to contain everything so I don't need to add liquid fertilizer or anything like that later. I carried a metric ton of various stuff from cowmanure, rock dust, soil, coco coir etc with feet that were damaged at work. I was incapacitated after that but it paid off. I haven't needed to add anything, I might however need to add a little guano soon to help with flowering

• Like 3

Great, a guerilla plantation that doesn't have to be watered, it's the dream of all outdoor growers!

They look fantastic, I hope everything will be fine :)

I send you a lot of encouragement, I hope you are better from your accident (feet).

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, Jose.gh said:

Great, a guerilla plantation that doesn't have to be watered, it's the dream of all outdoor growers!

They look fantastic, I hope everything will be fine :)

I send you a lot of encouragement, I hope you are better from your accident (feet).

I read a article about how growers in the Mekong delta build mounds for growing cannabis and other crops so it becomes like natural hydroponics, I'm growing in a swamp so it's wet so I found a part which was raised well above the water, removed the top soil and came with a metric ton of soil mix.

I thought that I would need to water the plants in the beginning but like Jeff Goldblum said in Jurassic Park "Life finds a way".

Now all I pray for is that the frost doesn't arrive until from end of October to beginning of November so that the plants have time to finish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Silverback has faired well during this season, it's got great mold resistance. The climate during late autumn is that it gets rainy and if the plants aren't mold resistant they'll develop budrot, I was also growing a Frisian Duck which had developed budrot but the silverback did great

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

• Like 1