f.i.m. technique

The f.i.m technique or fuck i missed technique is utilized to create many tops from a single top. This is done for many reasons from screen of green training to making a lanky plant stockier. The f.i.m. technique is done by removing only 80% of the node where the flowers will be growing from during the bloom cycle. The normal topping technique removes the entire new node and splits in two, with the f.i.m. technique you can expect to create anywhere from 5 to 9 new growing nodes from one node fimed. The appropriate time to do this is when the plant is in the vegetative state and has at least two weeks to recover before flowering. Warning, doing this too many times can stress a plant and create a ton of new annoying sites so use this sparsley. But the advantages of this technique is numerous such as; creating new sites to clone from from a mother plant, making a lanky tall growing plant shorter and sturdier. Increasing the nitrogen during the two weeks after fiming will maximize the effect of this and will help make internodes closer. hope this helps everyone and good growing.

N.W.greenthumb

Guest samuelo
After having great results topping my Nevilles Haze I have now topped all of my plants so i will of course be posting updated pics as i regularly do now on Fridays

what do you think about LST (low stress training)? do you think it will combine well with fimming? i thought it will be good after the 3-4 weeks LST to fimm once all the new tops, let them heal for another two weeks and change the lights to 12/12. do you think this will maximise the yields?

• 7 months later...
  • 11 years later...