the journey starts today ,chemical bride outdoor grow

Yes it's time for to start up an new grow for the 2021 season !! dropped the beans in my very simple and low tech growbox to sprout them ,all 5 off them ,but only 3 off them i will grow/keep .

i will try to do a two strain grow  again so later on this season i will also start the chemical bride strain  separately , no beans are getting wasted of course so one off my mates will be running the same strains in almost the same conditions /schedule .

so it's also a little grow battle over here  ,just for bragging rights only and to give you all some extra to look for and compare !!

that's it for the moment folks ,all the best to ya !! stay save and keep growing your own .

• Like 5

dropped them 21/03/2021 ,the will get a nice dampt blanked and a warm spot to sprout ,already looked at them in the morning and the are sprouting just fine ,my guess is a 5 out of 5 germination .  

kings juice 21-03-2021.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

well this is a first for me ,after a promising start it all went down hill with the girls ,and i cant seem to find the issue.

from the moment the popped their head above the soil the problems started ,at the contact point where the stem meets the soil the just seem to die and  the stem  just went flat like a three in a hurricane ??

tried to get them up an running several times but it just didn't work ,so the kings juice are terminated and next on the program is the chemical bride  ,fingers crossed 

there's still an issue in the strain with stability i thing 

thumbnail_20210403_100922.jpg

thumbnail_20210403_093620.jpg

thumbnail_20210403_100842.jpg

thumbnail_20210403_100847.jpg

kings.jpg

thumbnail_20210405_211527.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Looks like a bit of damping off, add some cinnamon and let dry out, or use a antifungal seedling treatment, I would just sprinkle with the cinnamon and let dry out, hopefully you can get them back, 

What is damping off?
Damping off is caused by several soil-borne fungi and fungus-like organisms including Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium, which infect seedlings and cause them to ‘damp off’ or collapse and decay.

Damping off can affect most seedlings, particularly under conditions of high humidity, poor air circulation and if seed is sown too thickly. It is mainly a problem when sowing early indoors or under glass, but can affect seedlings sown outdoors in situ.

Damping off is especially damaging in spring when light levels and temperatures are low and seedlings grow slowly, but may occur at any time of year.

Symptoms
You may see the following symptoms:

Seedlings may fail to emerge (pre-emergence damping off)
Seedlings collapse, often submerged in a mass of whitish fungal growth (post-emergence damping off)
Control
Non-chemical control
These measures are very important, particularly given the current lack of fungicides for the control of damping off.

Raise seedlings in commercial growing compost, which is usually free of damping off organisms. If home-produced compost must be used, consider steam sterilisation to destroy pathogens
Ideally, use new pots and trays whenever raising seedlings. If they must be re-used, brush off soil, wash and preferably also treat them with a disinfectant such as Jeyes Fluid. Dry before storage. Never reuse pots and trays in which damping off has been a problem
Sow seedlings thinly to avoid crowding
Use mains water if possible when irrigating seedlings grown in pots and trays. If using rainwater, ensure that the water butt is covered to prevent the entry of leaves and other organic debris that could harbour some of the damping off pathogens
Do not overwater
Keep seedlings well ventilated to reduce humidity
Ensure that both greenhouses and water butts are cleaned regularly. After thoroughly cleaning and refilling rainwater tanks or water butts, add a proprietary water butt cleaner to help prevent problems from both damping off and algae
Chemical control
No fungicides are available to gardeners for the control of damping off.

Biology
Species of the fungus-like organisms Phytophthora and Pythium are widespread in soil. Species of the true fungi Rhizoctonia and Fusarium are also common in soil.

All of these organisms, and some others, can infect the delicate tissues of young seedlings and kill them. Infection of the seed can occur before emergence (pre-emergence damping off), leading to patchy emergence. Infection can also occur after emergence, particularly where the seedlings are crowded and where humidity is high, leading to a rapid collapse. The causal organism may be visible as a whitish growth of mould on the rotting plants

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

thanks guy's for the suggestion's and input but i already terminated them ,i am only just growing for over 30 years so i think i know when to pull the plug ,already wasted to much time on  them  .

dropped 3 of the chemical bride beans and the sprouted all three of them ,and the are placed into the soil ,so hopefully the will be stronger .

and as an insurance i already bought myself a pack off white lemon's seeds ,i did very well on them last year and of course also a greenhouse strain (strainhunters)

well keep posting my story and all the best to ya all !!

• Like 5

well jane we are definitely not the only ones having difficulty's with this strain ,back to the drawing board for the genetics guys at the gh headquarters , popped the other strain chemical bride and ,fingers crossed no strange things until now .

i will upload some pictures soon of my little sprouts ,stay save and stay stoned 😁 for the moment ,see ya  

• Like 3

i didn't want to take any risk  with this second attempt so i did not planted the beans to deep ,but as showing on the picture the risk is the grow real hard straight up ,by replanting them i can plant them deeper and try to get them growing a bit slower and fatten up the stems a bit .the one at the background  is placed deeper into the soil and it's easy to see the difference in height 

chem1.jpg

• Like 4

the girls are looking just fine and on schedule ,simply replanting them a little bit deeper takes care of all the issues  of growing to fast ,replanted them with lightly compacted soil ,so when the soil is being watered it's settles down  ,and that's the opportunity to fill them up again in order to slow them down in height .

so eceni ,thanks for your thoughts and good will but there's always a lowtec simple ways to manipulate nature ,

to all of you over there ,stay safe and stay stoned my friends !!

chem 2.jpg

chem 4.jpg

chem3.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

here's a little update on the chemical bride's ,we had some great weather so it was there first play/training day outside .some breeze on the stems ,some real sun .

i think i will wait a week longer replanting them into the 40 ltr pots and the outdoor environment , it all depends on the weather ,for now stay save and growing my fellow growers !! 

chem4.jpg

Chem2.jpg

chem3.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the late update  ,i have replanted them the 8 of may into 40 ltr pots and moved them outdoors ,it was the first desant temperature at night .

within a day two of them were ripped out of the soil by some f" ing animal  so i was only left with one survivor .it's clearly not my season !!!!

so i build a bamboo like prison around my last and single plant to save it ,from the moment i planted them it's  raining each and every day so the rooting and growing process is almost shut down because of the easy and everlasting rain .

so fingers crossed and pray for some weather change 

chem.jpg

chem1.jpg

chem2.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Hydra said:

Dam that sucks plant more seeds

i have some new kids coming soon ,hopefully the weather is getting better but for the moment the are safely  growing insite 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, sorry to hear that, looks like a curse is chasing your plants on this one. Let me help you with the curse, if you need more seeds from our novelties, send me a private and we'll talk.

Wow, the bamboo prison is really good, I hope it serves to protect it. Although I suspect if the culprit is a bird that likes to eat marijuana, it's possibly still in danger.

Best regards my friend! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks jose ,but i don't want to take any changes taking some more plants this year ,luck is not on my site this season ,hopefully i will do just fine with the girls i have at the moment , and i think your right on the  bird , we have some breading wood pigeons who are wildly collecting nesting materials ,or maybe he's just a stoner  (like us ) 😁👍

here's an update on the grow ,sprouted some new/extra beans ,1 chemical bride and 1 himalaya mountain .(re)planted them outdoors 28/5 into 40ltr pots and we finally had some decent and dry and sunny day's over here .

for the first week i had them well protected this time ,and at last the season is starting to look as a real summer .the first chemical bride is picking up in size and volume ,looking healthy with nice big leaves  ,the girl in the middle is a himalayan mountain ,lost a lot of time (for an outdoor grow) so fingers crossed .

al the best to ya all and stay save growing your own plants 👍   

cb.jpg

cb1.jpg

cb2.jpg

cb3.jpg

hm.jpg

cb4.jpg

cb5.jpg

cb6.jpg

• Like 3