Toaor - GHSC Big Bang, Super Critical Autos plus Lowryder 2 Autos - Aeroponic with Franco's nutes formula

toaor

Day 1:

Set seeds to soak overnight in plain tap water, 2 x Big Bang, 2 x Super Critical from GHSC and 2 x Lowryder 2's I got from Joint Doctor.

Day:

Planted up seeds in Root Riot cubes in net pots sitting in ice cream container covered with cling film and a book on top to keep in place and make it dark.

That's it for now will post progress as they develop.

Best wishes all that stop by,

Toaor

seeds on overnight soak in plain tap waterTwo seeds in each net potPlaced in ice cream container covered with cling film.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interesred I found a few little apps for iPhone and Android for measuring the sound and light levels of extractor fans, pumps etc.

The light app uses the cameras light sensors and will tell you roughly how much is hitting plants so you can see how much the outer plants get as well as the one's right under lights.

Toaor

Only got 4 Big Bang seeds as one got crushed on route but if it's a good strain I'll get more, that's why I'm trying three autoflowering strains.

I'm think that with auto's I can start new plants 3-4 weeks apart and becaue they'll still be small at this stage I can keep in the same room as those finishing, as my space is tiny.

Thanks for stopping by anguscr

Toaor

Day 1 Proper, some seeds have popped.

Checked on the seeds today and I have two right up plus the third has popped inside Root Riot cube because I can see the tap root poking out at the bottom.

I've taken the seeds that have popped out of germination container and put in main cupboard with 11 watt vegging CFL, which should be good enough for the next few days plus they're getting other light from LED panels above on main plants as you can see in pictures.

The seeds that have popped are one of the Big Bang and two of the Super Critical

I now need to get some more air/net pots tomorrow so as each plant has its own pot otherwise the roots will be a bit too well established and I'll be breaking them apart to separate, not good idea me thinks.

Righto lovely people that's it for today probably won't post over weekend, don't normally.

Have a good one peeps,

Toaor

IMAG0335.jpgIMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0337.jpgIMAG0344.jpg

Day 5:

Unfortunately, one of the Big Bang and one Lowryder have not germinated so just got the four.

Two Super Critical, one Big Bang and one Lowryder for the moment might start some more off as they're all autoflowering it won't make any difference they'll just be a few days behind but the light cycle won't change so no problem.

They've currently got two 11 watt CFL = 40 watt normal incandescants so all up about 80 watts with two silver foil take away food containers around the bulbs to reflect back as much light as possible, they work really well and are cheap.

I might hook up the 15 watt LED panels I have instead, what are your thoughts guys, which do you think is better for these seedlings?

All these guys are getting for now is water with Canna Rhizotonic 2ml mixed with 500ml tap water.

That's it for now, have a good week one and all.

ToaorIMAG0368.jpgIMAG0369.jpgIMAG0370.jpgIMAG0371.jpg

Day 6:

Going good under the little 11 watt CFLs, there's one seedling as you can see that has not quite opened properly but it is still growing allbeit slowly.

Put the seeds I had on over night soak into Root Riot cubes now just have to hope for the best, also did the same with my 5 Northern Light seeds I plan on growing Guerilla style somewhere.

That's it today, it'll all change Friday when I put up the new tent.

Best regards,

Toaor

IMAG0376.jpgIMAG0377.jpgIMAG0378.jpgIMAG0379.jpg

Looking good!

Let me tell you that you must stick only to the watts they are using, cfl watts. If incandescent they would not have PAR light for the ladyes! So you're having 22w CFL, thats it! Will be best for you to check that wattage instead of counting it as if they where incandescent bulbs.

Take care, keep them growing!

Hey Romeu9, I didn't mean I was thinking of changing just that the CFLs say they are equivalent to a 40 watt standard bulb.

The question I did ask was whether better to stick with CFLs or switch to my 15 watt Red/Blue LED panels?

It doesn't matter now as I changed my mind and am setting up my new gro tent tomorrow (Thurs) instead of Friday just in case I run into any problems I will still have an extra day to sort it before the weekend and people being around, so the new seedlings will go under my 120 watt Quad Band LED panel that I've been growing the White Widow under.

Thanks for the input though shows you care, lol

Best wishes, Toaor

Hey Guys,

Have swapped the CFLs for the Quad band (Red/Blue/Orange/Green why green I don't know) LED panel 120 watts, will leave that on them for two weeks and then get the other Tri band Red/Blue/Orange on them too as they're all Autos it'll be about the time they start to enter flowering.

Toaor

Day 8:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, my little girls got all dried out in their new home overnight !!!!

On the plus side all 5 Northern Light seeds have germed for my guerilla grow and one of the Lowryder 2's seems to have sprouted.

Need to get my pump and irrigatiion sorted in the new reservoir today don't want to lose anymore :(

Toaor

IMAG0384.jpg

I tried but to no avail so have put the 5 Northern Lights in there for now and set up pump, I've started off some more autos on an overnight soak and will hopefully get them in there next week and put the NL's out on a guerilla grow.

Have a good weekend,

Toaor

Day 1 (again)

Hi Guys & Girls,

Yes it's Day 1 again after the last lot died on me overnight in my new set up tent it was too hot and too dry so I started off some more seeds, 3 x Super Critical, 2 x Lowryder 2s and 1 x Big Bang all autoflowering.

The three Super Criticals are up and now in the tent but not with the 120 LED panel but 2 x 11 watt CFLs, which will be cooler and I've now got the fogger running in a small container in the corner, which should raise the humidity a little.

I can see that all three of the other seeds have split their casings so just waiting till they actually break the surface before I put them under lights too, I'm going to run with the CFLs for a few days then switch to LED panel.

I also have 5 Northern Lights now growing in the greenhouse will take soem pics of them too, I plan on sticking them out on a guerilla grow somewhere, not sure exactly where yet but I have place in mind.

All the best to one and all,

Toaor

IMAG0388.jpgIMAG0389.jpgIMAG0391.jpg

Guest superbluehaze

hello my friend,

I am sorry about your seedlings, but you have made a good start again.

You may may be better using another medium to start your seedling, as the delicate roots are easily dried out with expanded clay.

seedling roots are very delicate.

good luck, and happy growing,

john

Hey Superbluehaze,

The problem was no watering in that time period of about 12 hrs, this time round they now have a nutes feed every 2 hrs for 1-2 minutes, have now put them under 120 watt LED panel with one fan circulating air and another extracting it at the top, the fogger is running 24/7 as is the air pump but the lights are only on an 18 hr cycle as they are all autos and that's what seems to be the general advice.

Tonight is their first night with big LED panel, automatic watering with Fanco's Nutes formula, fans and fogger so if they survive tonight they'll be good thereafter.

Watch this space, well then next space actually, lol

Best regards one and all,

Toaor

Day 3:

Yay, the 5 seedlings have thankfully survived the night !!!

I was getting worried as the computer running my two USB fans gave me an error message saying they'd stopped working but I could not open grow tent to check so just had to hope they were actually still running, which they were this morning.

The 6th seed still hasn't brokent he surface but I'm ever hopeful, willtakes some pics as soon as I can, which is not easy at present with other people around.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

Day 3:

Photos plus my 5 Northern Lights for Guerilla grow, there's also a Lowryder in amongst them but I can't remember which one !!! Will need to let it grow a bit more before I can hopefully tell the difference.

Toaor

IMAG0394.jpg

Three Super Criticals are on left on the right is one Big Bang and one Lowryder 2

IMAG0395.jpgIMAG0398.jpg

Three Super Critical Autoflowering GHSC

IMAG0399.jpg

One Big Bang GHSC and one Lowryder 2 Joint Doctor

IMAG0396.jpg

20cms USB computer cooling fan acting as my extractor much quieter than traditional extractor fan !!

IMAG0397.jpg

Another USB powered desk fan sitting on top of fogger container that I've now set to come on 15 mins every hour

IMAG0401.jpg

My Northern Lights plus a Lowryder 2 (don't know which one yet, forgot) NL's will be going out on guerilla grow somewhere once they're a bit bigger and nicely established plants.

All the best,

Toaor

Day 4:

Afternoon peeps, here's today's pics, as you can see the three Super Criticals are doing great very fat first leaves, the other two aren't doing quite so well and the third one hasn't germinated at all.

The three Super Criticals are actually bigger than the Northern Lights that have been in the greenhouse for the last week getting normal sunlight hours, whereas the Super Criticals have been under 120 LED panel for 18hrs a day and they're bigger already !!!Three Super Criticals

IMAG0416.jpgIMAG0418.jpgIMAG0415.jpgIMAG0417.jpg

Day 6:

Wow, very impressed with the Super Criticals just look at the size of the first leaves and already the second set are sprouting. If you compare the Northern Lights, which are getting natural sunlight and we've had a lot this last week, the Super Criticals are getting about 3.5hrs extra light from the LED panel on an 18hr cycle.

They are taller and further progressed in 6 days than the Northern Lights are in 12 !!!

Have now set up webcam so can check on them anytime, not that it's particularly useful now they're past the first few days and everything is on auto, even if there is a problem I can't always get in to them to fix it !!!

Tomorrow is nutes change day, which might be what is making all the difference between SC's and the NL's, the SC's are on Franco's special nutes formula !!!

There's also one Big Bang and one Lowryder 2 as well but they are both very stunted at present and not even half the size of the SC's, if they don't pick up soon I'll get some more SC's going and put them in instead.

Anyway here's todays pics.

Toaor

IMAG0419.jpgIMAG0420.jpgIMAG0421.jpgIMAG0422.jpgIMAG0423.jpg

Just an FYI guys,

I'm using all USB powered devices in my cupboard, 2 x fans circulating and extracting plus an Ioniser for smells but they are not running from my copmputer USB sockets, they're running from a Mains/USB adapter plug I bought off Ebay.

Click here if you want to see what I'm talking about

There's loads of different types that work for iPhone, Nintendo DS etc etc, just buy the cheapest they're more or less all the same just reduce the power down to around 4-8 volts to run small devices, plus a lot of the small USB devices are much cheaper than an electric version and in the case of fans are quieter.

I run the webcam from computer though otherwise I wouldn't be able to see anything, lol

Toaor