Toaor - GHSC Big Bang, Super Critical Autos plus Lowryder 2 Autos - Aeroponic with Franco's nutes formula

toaor

Day 7:

Hi Guys & Girls,

It's Nutes change and wash out day, which has been done, fresh Franco special Nutes formula in 10 liters of water, also added 20ml of Canna Rhizotonic, which is for the roots system.

pH 5.7

EC 1.30

Temp 27-31

Humidity around 40%, which is just about enough need to get nearer 50% but that will happen as they grow and impart more moisture into the grow tent.

As you can see from pics the Super Criticals are going great guns just look at the size of them for one week from popping in comparison to the other two tiny little deformed things 1 x Big Bang and 1 x Lowryder 2, they had their seed shells stuck around the top when they sprouted so I had to remove by hand.

I've also stuck a bottle of water, sugar, brewers yeast and baking soda in the corner with air bubbler on the top, don't know if it'll make any difference but worth a go and I'm going to stick another one in when I finish the juice in the bottle.

Have a good week one and all,

Toaor

IMAG0424.jpgIMAG0425.jpgIMAG0427.jpgIMAG0426.jpgIMAG0428.jpgIMAG0430.jpgIMAG0431.jpgIMAG0429.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update on the CO2 bottle, I've used:

2 cups Unrefined Sugar

1/2 teaspoon Allinsons Bakers Yeast

1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

Filled about half way with warm water and given a thorough shaking, it's now producing a buble or two every 10 seconds, which should give them a good flow of CO2.

That's it for now,

Toaor

Day 9:

Hi Guys & Girls, hope you are well and smoking good shit, preferably home grown.

Well all I can say on Day 9 is "I'm impressed with these Super Criticals so far" as you can see they're doing great and the CO2 bottles really are chucking out some gas, a bubble every 5-7 seconds from one bottle and every 8-10 seconds with the other one and everything I've ever read says it should do them good, especially in my tiny space.

Anyway, here's today's pics.

All the best one and all, peace.

Toaor

IMAG0432.jpg

Super Critical - 1

IMAG0433.jpg

Super Critical - 2

IMAG0434.jpg

Super Critical - 3

IMAG0435.jpg

Three Super Criticals on left Big Bang and Lowryder 2 onthe right, big difference between them !!!

IMAG0436.jpg

Two CO2 bottles with bubblers on top so you can see the bubbles going through check it's working

Day 10:

Hi All,

Popped my head in the grow tent to check ph and EC levels since it's been a few days after Monday's nutes change.

pH was up at 6.1 so I dropped it down to 5.2 knowing that it will creep up slightly as I've now started spraying leaves with Canna Rhizotonic.

EC is between 1.29 - 1.32

Here's today's pics.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

PICT2065.JPG

Three Super Critical Autos

PICT2066.JPG

Super Critical #1

PICT2067.JPG

Super Critical #2 & #3

PICT2068.JPG

Super Critical #3

PICT2069.JPG

Lowryder 2

PICT2070.JPG

Big Bang

Hi All,

Just a quick update, it's hot here in the UK around 25c, I just poked my head in tent and it's 35.2 degrees and only 32% humidity !!!

However, the plants are doing great looking at them perky upright leaves and growing visibly every day, which maybe down to me changing the nutes feed from 1min every three hrs, to 1min every hour now during lights on and 1min every two hours lights off, as of yesterday and I've also set the fogger coming on in the nutes rez tank, so directly under roots for 15mins every hours.

Toaor

PICT2072.JPGPICT2073.JPG

Yes there is a constant flow of air gently blowing them back and forth, you can see if you go back through photos there's one of the extrcator fan and one of the airi circulator, my other plants were slender it may be them stretching for light a little but the ligth is no more than 2" above them.

I'll do a short video of them later and you'll see the movement.

If you look back through pics at the Northern Lights they are also slender and they are getting natural sunlight in the greenhouse.

Peace,

Toaor

PS: Just a thought on their slenderness, could it be that they're growing aeroponically? I have never done hydro with soil or other materials so wouldn't know if they come up any thicker but as I say the NL's in greenhouse are not thicker but a lot shorter and nowhere near as progressed as the SC's.

Camouflage ???

Hi Guys & Girls, hope you've enjoyed your time off, if you've had any.

I want to grow some of my plants int he garden and would like to know what other plants are good for camouflage, similar leaf shape etc.

I've come across Melianthus Major and Melianthus Comosus, which have a very similar serated edge leaf.

Anyone recommend any others ???

Cheers,

Toaor

Lowryder 2, I've decided to grow in soil and keep in garden, it was actually started 10 days before the plants in grow tent yet it is soo much smaller in natural light and soil compared with aeroponics on 18hr light cycle.

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

These are the five Northern Lights I'm putting out on a guerilla grow, I think I've found my spot just need to go prepare it a little before planting them next week if they're big enough.

IMAG0460.jpgIMAG0461.jpgIMAG0462.jpg

Day 15:

Nutes change and clean out day, although it's one day late due to Easter holidays, all looking good.

Franco's nutes formula plus Canna Rhizotonic for roots system.

PH 5.2

EC 1.03

How can I raise the EC guys?

I've seen on the GHSC videos that they have theirs between 1.5 - 1.8

I've raised the 6 gang plug socket up so it's hanging from top that way no water can get splashed on it and burn out anything.

In theory they should be starting to flower from here on in according to the blurb on Autoflowering, says normally two weeks vegging and then starts flowering, well see.

I've done two new CO2 set ups with 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp Bakers Yeast and 1/2 tsp baking powder.

That's it for now guys & girls, have a great few days before the next holiday.

Best wishes,

Toaor

PS: When I can I put the nutes pump on constant and the plants seem to love it, no signs of drowning because the air pump is running 24/7 anyway, plus the spray oxygenates the nutes rez as well, I turn it on auto when I close up tent, have done this a few times now and all seems fine am just waiting for the first pistils to appear and then I'll add Atami Bloombastic to the nutes mix.

I also started off five new seeds from a friend on overnight germination soak, they're his own cross so be interested to see how they turn out too, I know some others on here have also had seeds from him but haven't seen any journals on them so don't know what to expect really.

PICT2074.JPGPICT2075.JPGPICT2076.JPGPICT2077.JPGPICT2078.JPGPICT2079.JPGPICT2080.JPGPICT2083.JPGPICT2084.JPG

Day 17:

Here we go again some pics and data on state of play.

PH 5.9

EC 1.06

Took some nice pics of the root systems on each plant and they are developing some nice lateral hairs, which are (I'm informed) what the plants need to uptake maximum nutes and looking at the way they are developing, very short, compact and bushy with lots of new growth between internodes, they're doing well on it.

Enjoy,

Toaor

PICT2085.JPG

Super Critical #1

PICT2086.JPG

Super Critical #2

PICT2090.JPG

Super Critical #1, 2 and 3

PICT2092.JPG

Nearest Lowryder 2 furthest Big Bang

PICT2095.JPG

Nearest Lowryder 2 furthest Big Bang

PICT2096.JPG

Super Critical

PICT2097.JPG

Super Critical

PICT2098.JPG

Super Critical

Day 21:

It's yet another bank holiday Monday here in the UK so haven't done my normal nutes change, will be doing it tomorrow, but took som epics anyway.

All three Super Criticals are now so top heavey they have each fallen over a day apart, so I have resorted to BBQ skewer sticks to lift them back up straight.

They really are bushy little things but with really skinny stems especially at the bottom, if you look you can see and indent at the point where they've all bent.

I also took some pics of the five Northern Lights in greenhouse getting ready for planting out guerilla style somewhere just repotted them in bigger containers today.

There's also one pic of the Lowryder 2 but I realised today the temp has gone below 10c on some nights and although it's in greenhouse I think it may still have gotten below.

What happens to Autos if they go below 10c then? Do they not flower? Do they turn out males? do they just take longer? What?

I also planted up some new seeds for planting out somewhere else, 10 White Rhino X Skunk#1 and 4 Church X Jesus, whatever they are don't know as they were free seeds, no info on them.

Best wishes,

Toaor

IMAG0490.jpg

Three Super Criticals now with wooden skewers for supports

IMAG0491.jpg

Big Bang still veyr short and compact

IMAG0492.jpg

Big Bang furthest, Lowryder 2 closest

IMAG0494.jpg

Two of the Super Criticals

IMAG0493.jpg

Super Critical

IMAG0495.jpg

Northern Lights

IMAG0497.jpg

Northern Lights

IMAG0496.jpg

Lowryder 2

Guest salvador
Aww Toaor.... tell us more about those co2 bubblers you got going on please.... Infact make a post out of them in the gear section please

Hi Guys, this is from my journal and I've been asked if I would post it here too, so here it is:

A few people have asked about the CO2 bubblers I have in my little grow tent so here's exactly what the set up is, very cheap and I think successful looking at my girls in comparison to my last grow they are way way ahead but that could just be the difference in strains, these are Autos the others weren't.

In my set up I'm using:

2 x 1.5Liter drinks bottles

2 x Wine/Beer bubblers - Cost anything between $3-5 for two including the rubber bungs.

Contents:

1 x Cup Unrefined sugar

Half teaspoon Bakers Yeast, apparently brewers yeast is even better and last a bit longer as mine only produce bubbles well for three days before I either add more sugar or a freshmix completely.

Half teaspoon baking soda to speed up process a little.

Empty and clean your bottles, you can use bigger if you like just up the ingredients a bit, pour in 1 x cups of unrefined sugar, you can use standard white but I just happen to use unrefined anyway so it was to hand.

Then pour in some warm NOT hot water fill 2/3rds, you must leave room at the top for expansion or they can overspill !!!

Place top back on and shake furiously till sugar is pretty much dissolved in water, then remove top and add your yeast and baking soda, put top back on and shake like mad again.

Voila, your mix is ready, now just put the bungs in bottle tops and put bubblers in the bung holes, fill one side of plastic bubbles with water and you'll be able to see exactly how often it produces bubbles of CO2.

Mine normally start produciing within 3-4 hours and then bubble every 5-15, faster at first and then slowing down, once they slowed right down just repeat the whole exercise again or just top up with more sugar.

I tend to do a completely fresh set up otherwise it produces bubbles but nowhere near the same rate.

I'm doing my nutes change today and have now got another two bottle, which I now intend to hang above the plants, one in each corner as CO2 is heavy than oxygen so drops down, ideally you want it dropping onto your plants.

There are many other ways to use CO2 from tiny little cannisters 5-10grams right up to huge great cyclinders with hundreds of liters but for most home/small growers the method described above is cheap and effective, the only problem is you have no real control over exactly how much CO2 is being released nor do you know exactly how much it's producing, unless you get a CO2 meter.

Here's my set up with four bottles hanging one in each corner.

Hope this helps,

Toaor

Day 22:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Today is normally rez tank cleran and nutes change day but I've noticed all three Super Criticals are showing some yellowing of the leaves, so on advice I've just given them plain old tap water with a PH around 5.4 - 5.6.

I will leave them flushing for a few days and see if it helps, the only thing I think I've done different last week was foliar feeding them Canna Rhizotonic so will stop that too.

I've also set up the other 120 watt LED panel, which is much more on the red side than my the first one I use that has more blue in it than the second.

They shoul be entering flowering now as they are three weeks old from germination but can't see any signs of pistils yet.

The Lowryder 2 and the Big Bang are much smaller but if you look at the roots pics they have loads more hairy roots and much longer than Super Criticals, bizarre !

I also added two more CO2 bubblers and have raised them up so hanging above plants for CO2 to drop down on them.

Anyway here's the pics.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG0509.jpgIMAG0510.jpgIMAG0511.jpgIMAG0512.jpgIMAG0513.jpgIMAG0514.jpgIMAG0515.jpgIMAG0516.jpgIMAG0517.jpgIMAG0518.jpgIMAG0519.jpgIMAG0520.jpgIMAG0521.jpgIMAG0522_0.jpgIMAG0523_0.jpgIMAG0524_0.jpgIMAG0525.jpg

This is a pic I took today of a seed that's germinated but I noticed it has three leaves not the usual two, has anyone come across this before?

Anyone know if it makes any difference?

Toaor

IMAG0526.jpgIMAG0528.jpg

Hope so dude, one looks very poorly with droopy curling under leaves some a bit yellow the other two I think will survive as they've perked up in last hours or so but middle one hasn't yet, looks a tiny bit better will report tomorrow.

Strange how all the Super Criticals have such small roots whereas other two Big Bang and Lowryder 2 have loads of roots and very hairy yet they are smaller plants, weird.

Best wishes,

Toaor

Update:

Two of the Super Criticals have perked right up but the little middle one seems to be giving up.

I think where she got top heavy and was lacking in something she bent over and it's broken the main stem very low down, I've propped her up with wooden BBQ skewer again.

The other four in there should all be entering flowering now as they 20 plus days old but I see no signs of pistils yet, will give it another couple of weeks but if nothing I might switch the Northern Lights in the greenhouse to flower under my LEDs.

They're in soil, vermiculite mixture but it shouldn't be too much hassle to swap my aeroponic for a hydro set up, they're in 15cms pots at present so all five would fit in tent easy, I've only just repotted them so don't really want to have to do it again as they were meant for guerilla grow.

But, I have 14 other seeds in germ for two days now but nothing popped yet so whatever does I can use for guerilla instead, it's still early enough for me to get them good and strong before planting out, we still have risk of frosts till end of May really.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

IMAG0531.jpgIMAG0533.jpgIMAG0534.jpg

Outdoor plants getting ready for guerilla grow or maybe I'll switch them to flowering under LED panels indoors, undecided as yet depends on whether Autos do anything over next week or so.

Plant in big black bucket is Lowryder 2, little black pot is White Rhino x Skunk #1, it's also the freak plant as it has three starter leaves not two as with every other plant I've seen and then there's the five orangey pots, which are Feminised Northern Lights from Nirvana Seeds about a month old now.

IMAG0537.jpg

Orangey pots are 15cms across to give you some comparison.

IMAG0540.jpg

Update on poorly plant, have cut her off at the best looking bit of stem and used Rooting Powder, couldn't get hold of any gel late yesterday so had to go for what I could get.

I don't think she'll survive it as only managed to do the job today so she's dried out a bit more.

Regards the other plants, they seemed to have recovered but still have a couple of yellow leaves so have now put in Franco's nutes again.

pH: 5.4

EC 1.6

Temp 31-33c when tent is closed and between 24-27c when front is open, which is about 5 hours a day from 9:30ish to about 3pm, lights come on at 6am so they have a few hours of higher temps, then cools down for a good few hours, then gets hot till lights go off around midnight, although I've knocked that down an hour now to 11pm just to try to kick start these autos as they are now over three weeks and no signs of flower pisitils.

Humidity various too depending on whether tent is open 45-60%, when it's closed 35-45%

Right, that's it for today will let you know how they get on over next few days.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

RIP, my poorly little girl, she's all dried up but she smells good so I think I'll smoke her anyway, lol

On a positive note I found the perfect place for my guerilla grows, it's an old disused Govt plot surrounded by land and woods, along a road that virtually nobody will ever walk and even if they do it's got 7 or 8 foot brick wall along the road side.

It's got "Keep Out" signs all over it but has been unused for years so doubt there is any electricity for CCTV and I won't be going near buildings anyway.

Only slight problem is I will need dropping off and picking up because it's the sort of place that if I park up and go do my work it will stand out, as it's a long road with not a lot down it so why would anyone be parked up and not with their car?

On yet another positive note, one of the Super Criticals and the one surviving Big Bang are both showing first sets of white pistil hairs, so is the Lowryder 2 in the black bucket in greenhouse, can't tell with the other SC or the other Lowryder 2 yet.

On a less positive note, none of the 14 seeds I put to germ have come up but I think that may be down to me using the same soil, vermiculite mix I use on my normal veggies, which has those slow release nutrient pelletts in it, probably too strong for any seeds popping out, I maybe wrong but nothing is up yet after three days!

I now have a dilemma, a nice one but a dilemma nonetheless.

Do I wait for autos to finish, which should be another 3-5 weeks, then put my five Northern Lights to flower indoors or do I plant them out in guerilla spot in next couple of weeks, once I've had a chance to go prepare the soil plots a bit????

How good is Northern Lights outside, anyone know?

Have a good weekend one and all,

Toaor

Hey Tokage, hahahahaha you're having a laugh, me on a dirt bike I'm 47 not 27, lololol, plus it's a good 8 miles from my house sp long way to bike with all sorts of shit. I might just leave some tools there along with couple of bags of compost etc, that way only have to unload once for the whole job, plan!

I am actually thinking of just germinating and then put out almost immediately so there's no chance of them getting shocked from greenhouse to soil, I'm going to use Root It organic cubes pop seeds straight in and away they go within days they're through the cubes and into the soil.

I just bought 50 Root It cubes and have put 24 seeds on an overnight soak of water and Canna Rhizotonic so will pop them into Root It tomorrow and then out next week, whatever survives is bonus, I don't want to be popping back to often about once a month should do justto see what's alive.

I now have at least three sites I plan on using and want a total of 30-50 plants out but need some more seeds, which a mutual friend is sending me.

I also had a go at the FIM technique on my five Northern Lights but haven't decided whether to put them out or just wait till my autos have finished and put them to flower indoors.

All the best,

Toaor