Barneys Farm Runtz muffin grow

Gizmo2908

Hello all I started this grow about 8-9 weeks ago, had some business things to sort out but now am back and raring to get these girls flowered, I potted them up on the 1st June into 12L fabric pots so I am now waiting for them to fully root out the pot before I initiate the 12/12 sequence,

They are both strains from barneys farm both are 2 different phenos of runtz muffin are both in a mix of canna coco/perlite being fed 4L of nutrients a day and EC of 1.6-1.8 ph is 5.8

Nutrients consist of 

Plant magic rootstim product is absolutely brilliant,,vitalink cal mag,, and vita link coir max A+B

My light is a digital dimmable ballast ranging from 250-400w. I am vegging on 250w and will keep this setting till 2nd week of flower which I will then up it to 400w

also have intake which brings in fresh air and an extraction fan located just above my light which removes the hot air this extraction fan also has a carbon filter connected at opposite end

will upload some pics of my 2 girls asap 

peace 

Both girls have just been under the knife I did quite a massive defoliation on both plants as I have noticed roots are now showing at the bottom of the fabric pots so will give them till the 14th just to make sure the root ball is massive n then comes the switch babeyyyy

12/12 will commence from tomorrow. When does the 1st day of flower start would you say 1st day of the light cycle change or from when you start to see a lot of pitols, I only ask this as I have read many different comments on other journals with regards to the 1st day of flower 

12/12 commenced on Thursday last week so should start to see some more pistols very soon, both plants already had a few hairs as I have had them vegging for a long period so I think the plants became mature if that’s how I’m supposed to say it

When do other fellow growers count there 1st day of flower I’ve read a lot of different comments with regards to this question.

some growers say they count there 1st day of flower as soon as they change there light cycle, others say once they start to see quite a few white pistols appearing 

please feel free to comment with how you do it 

thanks

There are now more pistols starting to show, I also messed up abit with the changes on my light cycle as I am now on 12/12 I started at 10am-10pm n have had to change it 3 times to a different time still 12 on 12 off I had to do this as my shift at work has took a drastic change in times, the girls still look fine all leaves are praying. Will the change have any effect on the plants. Also I will be keeping them now at 1pm-1am till harvest 

all help is much appreciated 

Thanks for the replies, well here are the 2 sisters, i think that from my fluctuating 12-12 phase they have reverted back to veg so now have just got myself a plug timer switch just incase I’m not home wen it needs to be switched of

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody just a quick update I’m now in week 5 of flower and i think i have messed up somewhere as I have been struggling to keep them watered every day because of a load of overtime at work so because of this i think the salt content has built up in my coco as i tested runoff and it’s 4.0ec.

now because of this i have lowered my input ec to 1.1 to try and bring it bk down to normal. don’t think by doing this it will make much difference as my buds are not stacking up and i think this is why because of the high runoff.

any help is much appreciated will also upload pics as soon as I get back from work 

peace

Also think my reason as to why my buds are not huge is because i have not cleaned up the bottom of the plant so there is a hell of a lot of tiny little buds.

on my next run of this strain i will be removing the lower half.

only 2 weeks left from this Thursday coming and I’m taking her down so i will start the flush process in a few days

peace 

7E70A444-0B3B-47C1-BCAE-F93E69EC983A.jpeg

6D6585E9-B2DE-4FDE-B6F0-BE6B5DBE2B7C.jpeg