carbon filter

Earthman

hey guys, could use give me any knowlage on carbon filters, i want to know how they should run. whether they should run at intervels or on full time or only when the light is on. i have used them before but i want to get a general consences of how they should be used, as there are a few really experienced growers here.

any advice is greatly appreciated wink_smile.gif

It's going to depend if you have a seperate exhaust for humidy and temp.... or if your just scrubbing the air to control smell with it. You should have your exhaust fan/filter pluged into a thermostat or a climate control. That does all the guess work for you. If your just scrubbing the air hopefully you did the CFM's right and have the correct filter, and if smell has to be hidden I'd run it 24hrs a day. It doesnt matter if lights are on or off, if the humidity or temp rises the fan needs to be able to run. I would never turn my fans off at night. We need more info on what your doing?

cheers for all the info guys its well appreciated.

i got a good deal on a second hand carbon filter and fan so i took itshades_smile.gif, i know the person that it came from and i know it has only been used in one previous grow (his), so i was quite happy to take it

because im in the uk all the measurement are in metric format so i had to work it out on that basis.

i have a Vents TT100 inline fan with a min extraction of 145m3/h to a max of 187m3/h....

so.. i got the volume 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m =2.88m3, i calculated it at 30 air changes per hour and endend up with 86.4m3 of air extracted every hour. must say that this way seems to be easier than doing the cfm way.

anyways, i have added 40% for heat and humidity ect...., which takes it to 120.96m3/h, i think this is good as the total is below the spec of the inline fan, i am just curious though does this have an impact on the +/- pressures within the grow tent, or should i just compenste with a lower rate of air intake fan.

cheers again guys for all the knowlage it will make me wise wink_smile.gif

cheers drunkenregular_smile.gif, i dont have an in take fan yet, i am a little unsure whether i need it as there is alot of vents/flaps of the lower half of the tent. because of this i was thinking of not using one and just create a passive air intake system, if i remember the extraction rate should be at least 2-3 time the rate of the intake to keep the negitive pressure, i could be wrong about this so please correct me if so .....

cheers wink_smile.gif

peace

• 1 year later...