Skunk Haze red dots, trobleshooting

DrGreenThomb

Hello there...

Im looking for a solution for red dots on the leaves.

The plants are skunk haze, 5 weeks flowering and spent the last one only on water.

Gave them 2ml of Canna Flores in 1.5L water at 7PH.

Next day they show up like that.

My gratitude for your interest.

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

red5.jpg

Attached files red1_0.jpg red2.jpg red3.jpg red4.jpg red5.jpg

Guest superbluehaze

it is not a calcium or magnessium deficency, in fact I do not think it a deficiency at all.

but if it is a deficency, then it would be phosophorus;

and Canna bloom should be used with Cann 13/14;

many flowering nutrients contain growth stimulants or hormones, and unless you follow the Canna feed chart carefully such things will happen.

You are stuck with doing things their way or else things go wrong.

I think it was the canna nutrient - it was unbalanced, as it should have been mixed with other canna nutrients;

when the plants dry out, and are showing signs of recovery then use the same nutrients at half strngth and gradually increase it, but follow the Canna feed chart.

Personally I will not use Canna nutrients now for a number of reasons;

but the flowering nutrient has to be mixed with their other products for it to be a balanced nutrient.

or else, use another brand of nutrient, a brand where u can give and match accounding to nutrients your plant requires.

Nutrients have to be made so that all plants will grow using them;

but cannabis has its own nutrient requirements which are much different to other plants,

and their nutrient requirements also changes according to the environment .

I mix and match different nutrients so that I can give my plants the elements it needs when it needs then, and do not need to do this Canna's or anyone elses way.

One has to be careful doing this, but I have achieve excellent results doing so.

take care,

john

Guest superbluehaze

i have not said why this is happening;

I would say that the roots have been damaged slightly, and this is causing the spots on the leaves.

next time use rhzotonic. and 13/14 with the Canna Bllom nutrient;

growth stimulants are fine, but only in the right doses and in a balanced way, and this is especially the case with hydro, as any imbalances affect the plant quickly as there is no buffer, as say in soil.

the plant will come back fine,

but be gentle on her and feed her at hald strength first and slowly increase the nutrient level.

take care,

john

Thanks Guru... but now i really dont know what to use on her.

I mean, there is only one last grow shop in town and that was the best nutrient i could find there.

The regular products for garden i see here are weak. They always miss some secundary nutrients or something like that.

I'll try to mix it with a small dose of tnt and see if it helps.

Guest superbluehaze

stay with canna;

and you are welcome mate;

but follow their feed charts, as the nutrient is designed to be used as a whole range.

each product needs the other for the grower to get results.

Just follow their grow charts;

your plant will be fine do not worry.

You could use organic nutrients such as fish emulsion, seaweed, and a basic garden complete solube fertilizer.

I could work out a feed chart for you - if you tell let me what products they are and the recommended directions for each fertilizer.

does your grow shop have a web site; i could have a look and maybe recommend a full spectrum nutrient for flowering?

take care,

john

John... best thing i can do is give a jump there and check it out again.

Its hard to find the shop even open, every time is an adventure.

Sometimes need to wait ten minutes, or they tell me on a monday he is always there, after 3pm...

And of course no updates on his web site either.

But it would be awesome if you could give a hand on that chart. Really cool from you dude.

So... i got wait a little cuz its only 12:30 and go there.

I'll come with news soon.

Cheers.

Yes Drunk... really looks like my case but on a higher level.

I just closed the order for the Bat Guano. Think they will love it.

I'll wait till the food arrives to feed them, till there only water.

Thank you guys... i dont know where else could someone find consulting high level like this.

Guest superbluehaze

hi mate,

let youir plants dry right out before watering them again.

I still think it was caused through root damage,

as calcium def usually have brown bloches on the leaves and yours are reddish purple.

Slight root damage can do strange things to the leaves;

but I may be wrong so here is something from the net on calcium deficency:

Calcium Deficiency

Problem: Signs of a cannabis calcium deficiency can be hard to pin down since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and other deficiencies. However, some of the major signs of a calcium deficiency are in the leaves which will display dead spots, crinkling, spotting, or small brown spots. Another sign of a cannabis calcium deficiency is new leaves will appear small and distorted with curled tips The insides of the plant and well as the flowers/buds may show signs of decay. Roots may show signs of bacteria and may be dying off or be under developed.

This marijuana leaf is showing signs of a calcium deficiencyThis cannabis leaf is showing signs of a calcium deficiencyThis pot leaf may be showing signs of a calcium deficiency

Solution: If the pH of your root zone is off, then your cannabis cannot properly absorb calcium through its roots so the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Learn more about pH and cannabis. Different strains of cannabis tend to have different nutrient problems, but calcium, magnesium, and iron deficiencies often appear together in cannabis. Therefore many growers decide to purchase some sort of Calcium-Magnesium (often called Cal-Mag) supplement for their grow room in case this common deficiency appears. I have listed some available Cal-Mag supplements that I have used along below with some general information about each one. After supplementing with Cal-Mag and correcting the pH, you should expect to see new healthy growth within a week.

take care,

john

Guest superbluehaze

it does not really matter if it is a deficency or not,

but what is important, however, is to let the roots get plenty of oxygen by letting your medium dry out.

bat guana is a good choice but I am not sure if it is a complete flowering fertilizer;

and as with all organic nutrients it does take some time before all the nutrients contained in it are made available to the plant.

it is a great additive, but, assuming your are growing in an inert medium, it may help your plants if you also gave them some soluble nutrients(chemicals);

if you can not buy any good soluble fertilizers

then Knuckle may be able to help you by giving you a formula for a suitable nutrient that you can make up from common chemicals.

if not I have some that you can use;

Knukle, however, is your man for that as he does make his own nutrients from chemicals.

Mainly though for now, let the roots get some air.

What medium are you using - is it soil?

if it is then bat guana will be fine.

Do not worry your plant will be fine.

take care,

john

Hello there.

So, i decided for the Guano, its about to come anytime after tuesday.

And to not let them waiting so long for some nutrient bought Calcium + Vit. D and Magnesium + Vit C effervescents.

But of course that i have no idea about how to administrate them.

Suggestions?

effervescent-tablet-in-water-with-bubble

Guest superbluehaze

It is not hard to grow cannabis - it is not brain science.

Sometimes the hardest part of growing is to be patient and let the plant guide you.

When they need nutrients they will show it.

Take notice of Knuckle as he is right;

plants are best left to find their own way, and where we come in is by giving them what they want when they want it.

I would let them dry out as the roots need air to be healthy and recover;

When they have recovered and the plants are showing signs of growth, then give them them nutrients, but give them nothing until then.

The plants will be fine if left to dry out a bit, do not worry they will not starve or die, but if you are worried, then you could give your plants a foliar feed.

spraying the leaves(when the lights are out) is a good way to get nutrients into the plant.

pay particular attention to the undersides of the leaves, and make sure the plant is drenched;

fish emulsion is good for this at half strengrth; fish emulsion is cheap and can be brought at any gardening store;

it will also complement the bat guarna, or else wait for the guana, and do it then;

I agree with Knuckle;

I do not think it is necessary, but if it puts your mind at rest, then you could do that, while the soil is drying out.

do you grow in soil?

How large are you pots?

By that I mean if the medium feels wet when you put your middle finger into it at a depth of your middle joint, then do not water until it feels dry. The top inch or two should be dry before you water again.

another way is too feel the weight of the pot, and only water once it feels lighter.

take care,

john

Guest superbluehaze

keep the vitamin pills for yourself;

we absorb nutrients through the stomach; plants do the same through the leaves and roots;

do not worry, the plants will be fine;

take care,

john

Hey guys...

They were dry already... today was the third day after flushing and my pots are not big so... they were really dry.

The plants are also losing their green, so i gave 1.5ml of canna terra flores again. I can not just let them another week on water, they spent the last two recovering.

Lets see tomorrow how she reacts.

Cheers.

Guest superbluehaze

You have done the right thing;

and there is no reason why the bat guana which is coming can not be used with the canna nutrient, to give you plants more phosphorus and potassium plus micro elements;

The bat guana will also contribute to a better taste and aroma:

you could use them together(as bat guana does not contain growth stimulants) but each at half strngth, or alternate them.

it should be fine;

good luck mate

and all the best,

john

Updating.

Today i decided for spraying a solution with mag and cal with honey to increase the PH level that got really acid with the effervescent tablets. I used only 1/4 of each one on 300ml water.

After a couple of hours i sprayed pure water at ph7 to wash.

Thats how they are looking now.

SHreddot.jpg

SHreddot2.jpg

SHreddot3.jpg

Guest superbluehaze

Your plants are looking fine now;

the leaves are streached out seeking more light;

Kunckle may very well have been right and it may have been a calcium deficiency;

sometimes it is hard to tell for sure;

your plants are coming back though.

they look amazing, and this a a cross your did yourself?

take care,

john

• 3 weeks later...

I had this,think it was to do with water temps or change in room temps effecting the roots or leaf not,might be a sign of root damage too.Im pretty sure its temps,I just cut mine off and started putting light on in the night as its a bit warmer in the day.

Im hydro,might be due to change from veg nutes to bloom or temps,my moneys on one of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Diagnosis can be tricky,I know from past expiriences that some deficiencies can look similar to others.

It can be a minefield, as the various diagnosies given here demonstrate.

Nutrient deficiencies are often due to over feeding. Over feeding causes nutrient salt build up, which in turn causes ph inbalance, causing lock out of vital nutrients.

Toxicity can be gradual causing specific nutrient deficiencies, or swift by adding too much fertilizer in one go causing leaf burn often charactised by the leaf tips curling down and turning brown.

Under feeding causing nutrient deficiencies is less common, due to the fact that we are constantly feeding throught the plants life cycle.

Buying a soil ph testing kit online cost only a few pounds/dollars and is handy to have hanging around for such emergencies.

I agree with what others here have advised when it comes to flushing. Once this has been done give your medium a good chance to dry out a little to let oxygen get back to the roots. Then test the soil ph again. Repeat as nescessary.

A foliar feed can also be helpful for whilst nutrients is being locked out at the roots, the nutrients can be absorbed through the leaves and helping rectify you deficiency, whilst you try to rectify your soil problems. make sure you use one with all the trace elements in it.

Using a reverse osmosis water filter or using ph up/down to correct the ph of your water is a good idea, as is having an ec pen and a ph tester.

If you need to measure small quantities of liquid fertilizer. Buy some gradiated pipets where you can very acurately measure the ml of the fertiliser.

If the quantity of fertiliser is 2ml fertiliser in 1 ltr water, this is equal to 0.2% the volume of the water, which is a very tiny amount.

If you are judging by eye , just a few ml extra can double the concentration, leadind to devestating effects.

Fertilisers are very concentrate and just that bit to much can lead to problems. Always err on the side of caution less is more.

Buying a book about growing Cannabis , which will have pictures and diagnosies of plant deficiencies and illnesses is very useful. I can personally recomend books by Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank & Jorge Cervantes. these men are gods and have more expirience of growing Cannabis than it is possible to imagine.

Alternatively Google "Cannabis plant deficiencies" make sure you look at as many sites as possible, as quality of photos vary as does severity of deficiencies.A deficiency can look very different at different stages of the condition.

One last thing i resspect all the opions of all the strain hunter who have posted replies, i just wanted to add some of my own observations.

Peace to one and all