Francos Nutes test comparisment with Big Budda blue cheese,will be picture heavy with Guides.

RIX

Easy,

First off thank you fuzzy for arranging test nutes and keeping the forum up and running ;-) and thank you Franco for sending the test nutes ;-) (they dont have to do these things but they do).

Ha to delete every thing as I was Bitching a bit to not receiving seeds and starting so late,also I moved pictures on hosts site not realising it takes them from here too..

Ok then,

This is a Nutes test,Im not entirely sure what nutes to put against Francos Nutes and I can only do 1 plant with francos nutes as theres not really enough.

The plan,

Francos Powder Nutes Vs my usua favoured Nutes Vitalink max veg and bloom with pk13/14 or vitalink buddy in last 3 week vs Vitalink easy (New range by the looks) not sure but I might do a Dynagrow nutes as Ive read good things and a Advanced Nutes Hammerhead and sensi with Big bud (not sure on last 2 yet but 1st 3 are a deffo)..

Grow Method,

Hydroponics 10 litre oxy buckets (buckets with air stone)

Feed schedule,

Im going to go grab a Graph for schedules all will be started with Vitalink plant starter from day 1,all clones were dipped in CloneX,(read next post for guide).

Lights

3x 600 watt HPS may be 4 all wil use same bubs,hopefully Sunmaster duel spec as I have 1 duel spec in at the minute on current crop and there is huge differences.

So 1st off,Heres Franco Nutes,got to add a big thanks as it costs him time and money to send these things out to us and he dont have to..

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK so were doing this with Big Buddhas blue cheese,im glad I cought a couple of lower arms when I did as I had just put the mother in to Bloom and now 3 weeks ish in shes got amazing colas and a good 6 of them,I wil get a good piccy of mother up.

All these are with in week 1.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I will try keep this clean and in order so I will edit main posts on updates and a Guide post to how im doing things..

UPDATE

Oh,I see,made it al complicated again ha,right back to test and no more guides as this is a test..

Right,combination of window and flower room and they are like this.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

To be honest im in a situation with these,there to big for the tray,way past there final transplant,still aint vegging properly.

I think what I may do is just use francos nute in flower and just put these straight in to flower very soon,I dunno,dont look like there clone friendly as cola branches are strugging to grow,I got to try though as mom is just HUGE,here look

Photobucket

I think every thing should be harvested with in 2 week,3 max so Im thinking top these or prune roots to stunt them a bit,give my white lemmons and exodus seeds a chance to grow,harvest,clean room out and re do every thing,but then I got to harvest and dry ;-(,I will work it out as I think I could do a box to dry them in while still able to use the room for vegging a bit and while there small,paint and sort the hole lot out,all sorts of stuff thats risky going on..

Wil update soon,as for now there in the tray for a bit,hopefully theyl be fine and just root not,this is all ok as I want as much stunting as possible,weird to say but deffinitly the case..

Take care thanks for reading

• 2 weeks later...

GUIDE FOR TAKING CLONES......

OK them,for all those who struggle with clones or are new to growing and wanting to know how..

1st off you need some thing like this..

006.jpg

Its what I use...

Now I will tell you how I take my clones (I would always recommend you take more,just like seeds,plant more as some may not make it threw)

I tend to find the branch that looks nice and healthy (this time I had no choice ;-( )

I tend to cut it a bit longer and then re cut for finaly dipping but you can do this on the plant or as I do it..

You want to get a nice sharp razor/hobby knife and scrape all around the branch you have selected to be a clone (a good cm or 2),basicly peeling/scraping the outer skin off, then you want to make your cut,you want to be cutting at a angle,use your knife as you want a nice clean cut,

I believe its 45 degree angle you want,I dont have piccy,basicly at a angle not straight across.

Immediately dip in to your rooting gel (cloneX) covering all the scrapped area,then place in to rockwool or chosen Media,Id recommend Rockwool or Rootriot cubes (may be called some thing else near you but there black and like spongy...

Place straight in to a tray with plane tap water (do NOT poor water on as it will wash the cloneX away) you can either ph your water (Id say 5.8) or add a seedling starter nutriment like Vitalink plant starter at 1/4 strengh (I use Vitalink plant starter phd to 5.8)....There perfectly fine on tap water,same goes for seedlings too for first week or 2..

Always feed from bottom as in add feed to tray and do not poor over your media until roots have started at the very least.

DO NOT Foliar Feed,Ive seen it advised on Forums,done it my self and it stresses the fuck out of them,makes them deformed and gives over water symptoms,they wil recover but we want no problems as its a big set back,always expect a week or 2 for recovery so dont take the chance,humidity its self will foliar feed enough.

Right then,this is 2nd most important thing for being succesfull with clones,(cant think of a word lol) Home for clones?

Basicly were your going to keep them,I keep mine in a propagator,none heated can be picked up very cheap.

Heres mine,I have a few as the base always comes in handy.

Photobucket

The base

Photobucket

Now were you keep these are critical,you want between 20-27c at all times,keeping at 27c and dropping to 22c in the night should be fine but try to maintain the heat.

I put mine in the corner of the grow room or on the windowsill.

Keep lidon your propogator with holes shut as you want high humidity,if to much water forms on the dome either open holes of remove lid and wipe and then replace lid...You should not have to water clones,the humidit its self will soak them,keep a thin line of water at the bottom of the base if you wish.

Ok then,so how to know if there took and transplanting time..

Now if you scrapped the branch skin off as I recommended you will be able to tell with out interfeering with them as they will look like this..

Photobucket

Thats why I scrape them,now you know you have takers so just wait a few days and lift them out.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Bingo,I got around 6 that have strong roots which is perfect for my Nutes test as Im planning on doing 4 different Nutes so I will be able to select 4 that are similar in size and structure,all are from same mom so all traits/pheno is pretty much guaranteeed so a fair comparisment is coming..

Now transplanting..

These need transplanting to bigger cubes as there roots will get damaged,being so long in the propogator,some use cloners (bubblers) I dont,I transfer to bigger cubes for a week leaving them in a tray and then they go in to there buckets (you can do this for Hydro or soil but now is really the time to pot if your a soil person)..

The transplant.

I use Gorden are they? rockwool slabs 1.2 metre long about 5-6 inch wide and 3 is thick.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Think the pictures say it all really...

Why the cover still on I hear??? Algae,this shit is so hard to get rid of yet so easy to get so I cut my slabs up so the cover can go back on,this reflects aswell as blocks the light,reflects good for plant,blocking from rockwool is good to keep algae away...

Think that just about it for now,I have a few more weeks till harvest and then these should be ready to start there veg/Nutes and flip in to bloom,cant wait really as I aint smoked Buds for ages due to problems and Ive been keen on trying other nutes as I get huge yields but I think I could get bigger and quicker..

Take care all,I will edit when there ready for oxy pots and start the nutes,shoudd be in next week or 2,3 at the most..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just little update..

My current grow still aint ready..

I will upate asap,I think were taking over the next 2 weeks,this will teach me to take veg stress or any stress time in to consideration..

Might do 25Litre deep water (oxy pots as I think il get big plant,not to big but deffo not small),will be easier on manual top ups or total replacement for cleaning..

I really cant wait but the current blues are rea sativa dom an unfortunately the flowering times still with it,trichoms are still crystal to misty with few totaly amber,im new to this microscope business too,red hairs and good nug growth around pistols along with test smoking is what I usually do..

Sorry about this guys,I will be on top of it very soon,plan is harvest,dry,re do room and veg 1-2 week then flower,I got 8 but il do 5 of them big ish..

Franco,any nute you woud like to see against it??

I really can do like 5 ifferent nutes and it will be perfect comparisment due to them being clones ;-)

Please start popping in more often,personel thank you for stuff youve give me,I appreciate it..

Woul like to help you with cheese too if I coul.

Il quote it as it shoud pm you.

et me know if theres any other nutes you would like to see compared as I have atleast 2 spaces,a prpgramme wou also be good..No one woth DynaGrow in stock either ;-(,I heard a kid say he got same results as advanced nutes with IONIC which is not baly priced for 5litres but il just get 1-2 litres,1 bloom and 1 veg,may be use pk13/14 or a guide boost..

Cant find a scedule for it but man theres these nutes called bloom nutrients and if you think advance nutes is deer,you aint seen nothing!!

Franco,if I ike these nutes of yours,what is the deal??you will produce it in the end or just supply for test??

Id really recommend getting in to ferts production,that would be very smart move....pk boosts need fixing,there cheap to produce,I know guys on forums making canna boost,the £100 a litre shit,problem is buying base materias 5kg n.p.k. ratio basic materials are peanuts to make loads and companys mug us off..pk9/18 is it?il be trying..

I wil do it again on 1 of you guys straines and even dedicate 1 600w to 1 plant,il wait for the right clone for that and use a big hyro bucket..

Take care,reply If you can

Every one,

I can use

Organic sugar peak Hydro

House and garden aqua flakes pluss house and garden bud xl booster

Ionic with a booster

Vitalink easy with pk booster

Can get Avanced range but man,dynagrow is much better I recon..

Man thats about it unless I import or find stockist of dynagrow which is what I really do want..

This bloom nutrients,check this,il just get ink

http://www.growell.co.uk/bloom-phat.html

Look at there products prices,id never try them lol crazy,specialy how I know how easy it is to make npk ratio,except I dont want mail guy thinking im making bombs lol, £50 a kg of sum a cheap for others,would make loads of litres,1kg woud last grower well over a year,Im really interested in powder nutes,its just the weight you have to buy ingredients at...

;-) may be I shoud have a company making nutes ;-), if only money was there ;-)

Take care all

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...