Topped White Rhino

Guest guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samuelo
Here is my White rhino - last pic update at top of page was day 6 after topping so this is 11 days later - day 17 - real good improvment in this girl since topping
rhino1.JPG

can you notice the black tape - like i say in another update post - i was a bit mashed last night and decided the rooms wiring needed modified so in the middle of it tripped over a wire and brought a side light down on this girl and snapped a branch - so ba da bing bit of tape and honey to the limb and she should be fine in a week - lesson dont get mashed and decide to modify

rhino3.JPG

also 5 days into 12/12

rhino4.JPG
this is where i topped her 17 days ago - she has grown well

rhino5.JPG
Rhino is also member of the white family and typically takes 8-9 weeks to fully flower

So will let you know about her progress as she continues to grow during flowering

Hey S, sorry to here about you accident but i`d say get rid of the black tape and honey,use Band Aid plasters as these are breathable so you wont damage the tem, most of them are clear so you get the light through them as well,just try and tape it where the break is and use a stick to take the strain off it,as for the honey clean it off asap as it just encourages bugs,mould and all sorts of shit. Should be fine give it some high nitrogen food and get your light as close as you can without burning as they tend to stretch after recovering from a break.

Take care

G

Guest samuelo
She didnt quite go SNAP but...... yeah white widow and stella combination was the culprit - had drawn a new wiring diagram of wires and timers and fans and lights and extensions and everything was cool except forgot about the sidelight tripped over the wire and down it cane came falling on the rhino - i reached to grab the whino and she knocked over white widow so i was catching them both and trying to prevent light falling over do damage and shit happens........ but i spoke to the nice and apologized to them and they never took it personally

They all looked alot better today than yesterday anyway so i guess they are alright

will get the band aids as soon as i can - i tried just regular tape but it wouldnt stick with the honey i applied to the wounds so i went for the duck tape - that didnt even want to stick but it took hold eventually - As a man i dont generally reach for the band aid but i guess i should at least have a pack having a few women in the house

Just glad that i never broke the main stems in all my tom foolery - that would have been a dull one.......

The WW is pretty amazing to smoke actually - thanks alot - really appreciate it - perhaps the best white widow i have ever smoked - it reminds me alot of the lemon skunk i grew in my last grow - (apart from the lemony tang) same flavours and real good long lasting head buzz - instantaneous stone very ceruberal - Damn Good!

thanks again G

Guest samuelo
So this is the rhino - again after 27 days topping
r1.JPG

starting to look nice, also 2 weeks into 12/12

r2.JPG

above you can see her 2 new stems quite well - big difference in last 10 days, have taken the black tape off her from when she had her accident and she is doing well

r3.JPG

rhino from above

r4.JPG

she is a good girll

Guest samuelo
the rhino ams and widow are currently in 10litre + 3 litre - the NL is in a 10litre + 7litre + 3 litre, am thinking about keeping them in these pots now as thats about minimum requirements but for next grow i will be looking to have 15/20 litre base pots

Guest samuelo
36 days after topping and she has been on 12/12 for around 23days
r1.JPG
flowers have began to show in the last 7 days
r2.JPG
looking quite healthy
r3.JPG
lil bit of nute burn in lower leaves but nothing to worry about, will leave on til can blow off really
r4.JPG

Guest samuelo
hey Admin guy - i am gonna see about getting some more 10 litre pots tomorrow and doing another step transpant as i have just this moment noticed the roots coming out of the bottom of current step so looks like girls will be in at least minimum of 20litres of soil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

Looking great, mate. Remember the roots are arguable the most critical part of any plant; the roots need looks of space to grow, and cannot have to much space. Do not forget to use good bacteria either, it is natural hydrogen peroxide, gives the roots oxygen(which they need to absorb nutrients) and it protects the roots against any nastiness.I use 52 liter pots, hydro, using a hybrid nutrient resume part organic, part chemicals.No growth down stairs, none on top. Sorry about your accident, but they heal real quick.

Guest samuelo
Yeah i gave the girls an extra 12litres of muck last week....... Pots were like £3 a piece so i spied these orange buckets that cost £1 each so i bought 4 of them instead and made drainage holes in the bottom myself

Will post pics when lights go on, was gonna do so last night but was so shattered, after i finished taking pics of my newbies i curled up on sofa with a few stella's and watched Papillon instead

Guest samuelo
Here is my Rhino 44 days after topping and 31 days into 12/12
DSC00440.JPG

she also has the extra 12 litres for final fowering period

DSC00441.JPG

really nice V shape from where i topped her

DSC00442.JPG

and here are her crowning jewels.... another 3 - 5 weeks and she will be harvested and i wish it was today but hey - heaven is still a day closer than yestersay

Guest superbluehaze

How much light does she have? The bottom branches I would take for cuttings, as they will not get much light and the extra energy will go into the tops, also I would bend the top branches out a while to let in more air circulation and light.

They are looking really healthy, and are growing fast.

contratulations

Guest samuelo
So take the tops of first then wait a week crop some more then wait another week, hopefully this will allow more light penetration the lower branches

I only got a 400watt at moment, for my next grow am thinking of putting installing a 600watt so combined output of 1000watt, i am also considering putting in a couple of cfls that will hang down so hopefully also giving lower branches extra light in those area's

Guest samuelo
So here we are day 40 into flowering, not long to go now for this girl
DSC00331.JPG

some nice kolas developing

DSC00332.JPG

another 15 days and i may start to harvest in stages

DSC00333.JPG

Guest superbluehaze

When you add another 600 watts, watch your yield go through the roof!

I bet she stinks to high heaven, but don't you just love her aroma.

contratulations on a job well done, mate.

Guest samuelo
And starting to get sticky as well, I saw a leave and it looked wet but when i touched it - was sticky resin

I am looking forward to adding the 600, will need to sort out the problem of the additional heat though, prob an extra intake should do it

• 2 weeks later...