Ventilation

jmiguel

Hi everybody!

Currently I am growing 1 White Widow, 1 AMS and 1 LA Woman, the plants are about 2 weeks(from seed). My grow tent is about 80x80x160 centimeters. I have an intake fan and a air extractor!! I have read a few grow guides but none of them helped in this question! My question is

Should the extractor and the intake fan be always on? or should I turn it on and off every x minutes? like every half an hour or so!

thanks in advance!

Guest samuelo
Hey Jmiguel - i leave my fan on whilst the light is on - some people leave the fan on during the dark periods as well as they say it is more natural (like its still windy at night right) problem is though if you dont have a heater in there at night the fan can really reduce the temperature which can be bad.

i would suggest you to invest a little bit more money and buy a fan controller or climate controller. i have climate controller that lookes after temperature and humidity and dont let them reach crytical levels. this way my ventilation works only when there is need to. if the climate controllers are too expensive for you, you can take more simple and cheap fan controller with thermostat and set the required temperature, it will do the job with temp too (but will not follow the humidity).

well I may have to buy one!

these are my ladies :P what do you think guys! REMEMBER THAT IS MY FIRST GROW

DSCI0184.jpg

left - AMS (2 weeks)

right - White Widow (2 weeks)

from - LA Woman (2 weeks)

top - Church (seedling)

DSCI0185.jpg

my widow

DSCI0183.jpg

AMS

DSCI0186.jpg

LA Woman

They have the leafs a little bit down. I think is the air. What do you think guys?