Ventilation desing

mgrowerz

Hi,

Im not sure what your asking here..

My rooms say 6 square metres and I use cf1000 carbon filter with 250mm 1180 fan,I put a fan controller on and put it to minimum due to noise and it being over kill..

My grow room was a rush job and I never got it done right,intake is at a 0,I leave door open and oscilating fan on,my vents in the room are sealed due to smell leaks.

I know not having intake is not good but I had to buy my equipment as I went along,never worried about intake before as I could leave vents open but in this home vents lead to neighbours...

If your asking what size fan and filter you need for extraction,I would say bigger is better and also buy the cheap carbon filters,there just the same as the expensiver re fills,except they have rivets which are easy to remove any way..

Another thing you really do want to consider is noise of the fan..

From looking at my fan,VK/RVK range there 32db-40db,apparently quite,no way are they quite or may be its just the vibration...

I also use 8" silencer,so if you can imagine this,my carbon filter stands 1 metre tall,my fan goes on top of that,the my silencer on top of that,silencer is around 1 metre tall too,then I have duct running out the room.

Silencer does work real good but the sound of the fan turning is still there,ive surrounded it in a box with clothes,while queter,its still noisey,so then I got a fan controller and turned it low,stll scrubs the air very well but still very noisey.

My advise is bigger the better,noise aint going to be much different from size unless say apsolute smalles 4" vs 10" but even the noise off them you might aswell as gone big..

Il always say bigger is better in any thing to o with growing,you may move grow to bigger room were bigger equipment is needed,so buying big in start will save you having to buy again,same goes for pumps,be it air or water,soil,hydro trays or buckets,lights,fans,every thing,think about it...

You want the out take running all the time.

VK/RVK can stay on for months not a single problem noticed so far.

For the noise instead of a silencer which is real expensive you can get

silenced pipes, they have rockwoll inside, that's pretty much all the noise

and also I got it running at 40% speed with a fan speed reducer so it's less powerful

and produce much less noise. But be aware I tried the same reducer on a cheap chinese fan

and I burnt it...just on the VK/RVK is fine for me!

My room was open so the air could intake from the house and go out that window sucking hot air and smells

II could smell grass from the front door but not outside the door...so was fine for me

Guest superbluehaze

I think this post has been answered well, by everyone;

but all I will say is more is better here.

take care

john