Expedition India, The Wooden Chillium(?)

Hey, just joined, so super jelous of the expeditions. Just the nature in the India expedition was epic, to be able to go around, collect off of plants and enjoy the mountain hikes looked mind blowing.

I did have a question from the India video, how did that sweet cherry wooden pipe (chillium) come to being? I have a cherry tree and ever since I saw the India video have wanted to carve one myself.

Tried looking at the video but I'm not very good at being able to tell how stuff is built. I was simply going to cut a nice shaft from a limb and drill a hole straight through, maybe sand a bit for a better finger seal.

Anyway just seeing if anyone could comment on any specifics about the pipe from the video and any advice on carving my own :)

• 3 months later...

chillums are made of clay...wooden chillum like devices are pipes. chillums have a stone inside. where as the pipe wont. any tube like thing is not a chillum. chillums are made of clay, and as antiques they are made of stone or marble. the mix sits on a stone fit into the chillum. lit from the top. pulled from the bottom. the stone is the same shape as the chillum roughly. however it is solid, and fits inside the chillum. it doesnt have a compartment like a pipe.

respect from india. boom.

• Like 1

i will drill two holes one from the top where the ganja comes in and the other one smaller thinner where u suck from i found very nice ones to buy just like those twoe beautyschillum_wood_leaf_1.jpgindex.jpg"for inspiration"

i dont have that much tools or even the practice for such nice chillums but its worth a try anyway

the other idea was to build a chalice with my black stone chillum that is pretty easy i guess........

Dread History:

The African Diaspora,

Ethiopianism, and Rastafari

13derm.jpg

Derminte and Bongo Shephan, Rasta elders with the chalice (ganja pipe)

In the last halft of the 19th century, contract laborers from India introduced ganja (marijuana), along with other plants, to Jamaica. Today, marijuana is used medicinally and sacramentally by the Rastafari. In this photo, Rasta Elders smoke ganja in a pipe known as a chalice, which resembles the Indian pipe known as a chillum.

photograph by Jake Homiak, Smithsonian Institution

just found that thought would be nice too share........

and i think that info about contract workers is a comfortably lie that was most of all slaves and most african had their own cannabis maybe the different genetics mixed after all there that could be

History of Jamaica

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
300px-1882_Kingston_Fire.png
magnify-clip.png
The aftermath of the 1882 Kingston fire.

Jamaica , the 3rd largest Caribbean Iceland, which inhabited by Arawak natives when it was first sighted by the 2nd voyage of Christopher Colombus on May 5th 1494th Columbus himself was stranded on Jamaica from 1503 to 1504 during his 4th voyage. The Spanish settled in Jamaica in 1509 and held against the Iceland many privateer raids from their main city, now called Spanish Town , Which served as capital of Jamaica from its founding in 1534 until 1872nd In 1655 Jamaica was conquered by the English, although the Spanish did not relinquish their claim to Iceland until the 1670th

Jamaica became a base of operations for privateers , including Captain Henry Morgan , operating from the main English settlement Port Royal . In return these privateers kept the other colonial powers from attacking the Iceland. Following the destruction of Port Royal in the great earthquake of 1692 refugees settled across the bay in Kingston by 1716 had become Which the biggest town in Jamaica and became the capital city in 1872. Until the early nineteenth century Africans were captured, kidnapped, and forced into slavery to work on plantations when sugarcane became the most important export of the Iceland.

Many slaves had arrived in Jamaica via the Atlantic slave trade during the same time enslaved Africans arrived in North America. During this time there were many racial tensions, and Jamaica had one of the highest instances of slave uprisings of any Caribbean Iceland. [1] After the British crown abolished slavery in 1834, the Jamaicans began working toward independence. Since independence in 1962 there have been political and economic disturbances, as well as a number of strong political leaders.

you will need a stone also. without a stone it is simply a pipe, or chalice. not chillum.

marble chillum for regular use hard to find as they rarely come with stones and are meant for occasional booms. they have broad open ends as shown in this chillum and previous marble chillum pics. however the hole reduces in size inwards from the top. so it works like a vertical pipe. not chillum. a chillum is completely hollow. tapering. but completely hollow. and you can pack different stones for different size mix and circle. my favorite are italian and swis clay chillums. luca, manu, daniel, charlie, marts etc..

never heard of wooden chillums. only wooden chalices or pipes with thin tunnels for smoking and cup for packing mix. some are shaped like chillums. but cannot be called chillums.

all it takes is one seed to start a jungle.

boom...shanti

Attached files IMAG0479.jpg IMAG0480.jpg IMAG0482.jpg IMAG0483.jpg IMAG0487_0.jpg

yeah man my chillums arte conic just like urs

just dont understand why is that for u so important if anybody want to build something why he should not do it ,?!?

i think much more important is was comes inside the pipe(if its the best weed or charras) or chillum or whatever any way hope u dont take it too serius no offence

017_5.jpg

hey man...shiva boom....im sorry you got offended?? I Never said ''you cannot/should not make a chillum'' in any post.

All I said was that a pipe/chalice and a chillum are two different things. Are they not?!! A chillum has a stone inside, like the photos you and I posted. where as the other devices do not have a stone. If it does not have a stone it is not a chillum.

Why do u want to believe i am saying u cannot make a chillum?? Just because i gave some info? or is it because i said chillums are usually made of clay??!!i have experience with marble chillums being not so good compared to rajasthani clay or italian clay. Sorry for the info. I never said the chillums you posted were not chillums. i described them exactly as they are. Please read the post again.

Yes. The best charas is what matters,,I think no one would smoke chillum if there was no good charas?? common sense?

Sounds like you got offended my man.,was not dissing your marble chllums...I am very sorry you felt that...I am sure you know much more about chillums than us in india. I think, for us, apart from having the best charas, a good quality chillum is what matters next. or whatever..no offence man hope u dont get too serious... anyway

I am truly sorry. Please accept my apologies. Peace man.

All it takes is one seed to start a jungle.

Boom...Shanti