STRAIN HUNTERS LIVE THREAD! - JAMAICA

franco

nice updates franco and Mr. X is an amazing photographer! how's he holding up?

@ CannCollector: nice find, but those clones look like Kush, that's not original Lambsbread I'm afraid. original lamsbread from the 70's was what Bob Marley used to smoke. The same strain has since then disapeared and can only be found back as similar crosses and is held by very tight rasta communities in Jamaica. I'm sure Franco has investigated the details about this.

and please let's keep it on topic. this is the live thread about Strain Hunters in Jamaica and not about which clones they are selling at the local dispensary ;-)

Also comments about Strain Hunters handing out seeds and killing the landraces is absolute non-sense. Growers everywhere in the world want western hybrids, especially in the Jamaica, they want the best seeds for the best weed they can sell to the tourists and they've been aquiring "dutch" / 'cali" hybrid genetics since the 80's!

It's not like arjan and franco are responsible for landraces disapearing by giving away some free feminised seeds....its almost completely the opposite, STRAIN HUNTERS bring back landrace strains to holland and try preserve them for the future. they run the risks of getting caught. The governments aint doing that, and the critics on internet sure aint doing that, so to answer your question Elektro, here it is.

can't wait for the next update!

DAY 3

We wake up early because of the jet-lag, and we eat a good breakfast before getting ready to check out. I feel very energized by the Jamaican weed, especially in the morning. It's nice to smoke organic outdoor stuff for a change...

We load the cars and we drive off, direction Black River, on the south-west coast of the island. It's a swamp-area, crawling with crocodiles, and home to very special kind of growers. Our man Taleban has some good contacts in a place called Slipe.

Along the way we stop for a drink and a spliff at the tomb of Peter Tosh, amazing Rastafari vibes... it's a true honor to see the resting place of such a legend. But we are on a schedule, and we have to keep driving until we reach our man in Slipe. When we arrive we meet the local crew, and the chief. His name is, of course.... Slipes! It figures, Jamaican style.

Slipes has a tight crew of local rude-boys, and they own a big truck that they use to transport canoes. The canoes are used to go deep into the swamps, to reach the ganja fields. We drive down to an swamp connected to the Black River, where we board the canoes. It's not a very steady type of boat, and we have to watch out and constantly balance our weight to avoid flipping it and ending up in the water. After a short ride in the swamps under thick forest we arrive at a field. Or should I say at an island of weed?

It's madness, I have never seen anything like this in my whole life. The grower has literally built his own island using mud-bricks, held together by the roots of the plants growing in the water. He shows us his system, how he chops every brick with his machete from the bottom of the swamp and how he piles them up one by one to create a real island.

Watering is not needed, the plants grow in a sort of natural hydroponic medium.

The crop we see is in the middle of flowering, buds are sticky already. The smells remind of the Most Wanted we saw yesterday, but more sativa.

After filming a couple of scenes for the documentary we board the canoes and we go join the fast waters of the Black River. It's a smooth ride down the current, until a spot a few miles downstream where Slipes' truck is waiting to fetch us.

We load the boats and the gear in the big yellow truck and we drive back to Slipes house.

It's gonna be dark soon, and we need to find a place to sleep. We drive to the coast, and we stop at a cheap motel on the side of the road, near Black River town. We are tired but in a great mood, the places and plants we saw today were incredible.

We go for a nice fish-dinner at a nearby restaurant, then we smoke an awful amount of gum and weed, and we pass out.

Tomorrow we have a really long drive ahead.

Enjoy the pics from MisterX, the man with the cam. He's amazing me every day with his work. I hope he amazes you as well...

Attached files j401.jpg j402.jpg j403.jpg j404.jpg j405.jpg j406.jpg j407.jpg j408.jpg j409.jpg j410.jpg j411.jpg j412.jpg j413.jpg j414.jpg j415.jpg j416.jpg j417.jpg j418.jpg j419.jpg j420.jpg j421.jpg j422.jpg j423.jpg j424.jpg j425.jpg j426.jpg j427.jpg j428.jpg j429.jpg j430.jpg j431.jpg j432.jpg j433.jpg j434.jpg j435.jpg j436.jpg j437.jpg j438.jpg j439.jpg j440.jpg j441.jpg j442.jpg j443.jpg j444.jpg j445.jpg j446.jpg j447.jpg j448.jpg j449.jpg j450.jpg j451.jpg j452.jpg j453.jpg j454.jpg j455.jpg j456.jpg j457.jpg j458.jpg j459.jpg j460.jpg j461.jpg j462.jpg j463.jpg j464.jpg j465.jpg j466.jpg j467.jpg j468.jpg j469.jpg j470.jpg j471.jpg j472.jpg j473.jpg j474.jpg j475.jpg j476.jpg j477.jpg j478.jpg j479.jpg j480.jpg j481.jpg j482.jpg

Very nice report once again, nice bike did you have a ride? no time for this i guess ^^

And very nice islands they made for there plant, natural hydro system, what could we ask for more? that is just perfect!

And once again very nice laughing faces everywhere, jamaica seems to enlight everyone :D

Good continuation mans

@ CannCollector: The Most Wanted is the closest thing to the original Lambsbread left in Jamaica. I come to Jamaica since 1994, and already back then it was already gone, mixed with other genetics coming from abroad.

I don't know what those clones are, but I can guarantee you they are not true Lambsbread genetics. Look at those thick leaves man... Lambsbread was a sativa, or mostly sativa plant.

Thanks for the great reading franco, i dont know who told that earlier but you've got talent as a story teller! You're saying you feel older, if i can give you one advice it would be to start using that i pad to take notes for the book you'll write once you stop travelling (is that going to happen? ;-))

Are you guys planning on doing two different strain hunter dvd's (tinidad/st vincent & Jamaica) or are you gonna be mixing both trip in one dvd ( if you ask me two dvd's would be the bomb and i'm sure that with Mr.X back you'll have plenty of material to do two separate dvd's haha) iwas also wandering how come the first field has such tiny plants, someone asked you that amready but i havent seen any answer from you, sorry if you did answer... Is it due to the strain, a certain type of growing they're using...?

Enjoy the rest of you trip and keep us posted!

Thanks!

Peace out.

here we go: a vid from yesterday, inna GoPro Hero style... yamon!

@Elias: thanks 4 kind words ;-) the plants in the tyres were so small because the genetics are crossed with high-grade imported seeds, so they flower fast at the local photoperiod.

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4evqDvJZT9o]