SOUTH INDIA - KERALA - THE INDIA EXPEDITION WAS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT HUNTING IN SOUTH INDIA

I see your point and hear exactly the same from many long time smokers.

Yes man. It is not only strong but stressy and edgy. Good weed should never be stressy. Even Kali Mist, a real sativa has some edgy undertones I do not like....some people even thought there is some chemical mixed inside, weird, heh....

In my experience Santa Maria is the most mellow and spiritual weed I know, not stressy but still strong and very spiritual and awake. Chitral Kush is more down too earth but also not stressy at all. Will try more GHS strains.

And this forum is the most relaxed place in the internet - very enjoyable :fan:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

i recommend reading every post by "naga_sadu", here

icmag  DOT com FOWARD SLASH ic FOWARD SLASH showthread DOT php QUESTION MARK t EQUALS 44424

the person lives there (south india) and describes how to find the bushweed.

info starts on page one, post number four

here are some clips, i recommend though, reading through the thread.

# 4

"I live in Kerela, the state neighbouring Tamil Nadu. But I've been to TN alot. Well, the "best" ganja in TN state is to be had in the high points in Thekkady. It's a forest station. Can you drive a motorbike? Because there ain't no "official" tour guides to show u around!! Also, you should make your trip to Koddaikkanal, and then hike there thru the jungles to Munnar. Get a local to show u around, don't get the licensed guides. If you want to stay away from the commercial shit which get passed around in citys, your best bet would be to hit the Western Ghats. But you'll have to learn to maneuver a motrobike REALLY WELL, with steep climbs where there are no roads (only dirt "roads"). The portions of Tamil Nadu neighbouring Kerela state always have good greens- in terms of quality and availability. "

"
Be a bit careful whilst travelling w/ supplies especially while crossing into the Andra Pradesh border from Tamil Nadu. Lotsa checkposts there, due to the Naxalite rebel problem."

"Thanks man. That's why I recommend u come out here and buy a second hand Jawa 250cc motrobike. In Tamil Nadu (esp. in places like Trichnapalli) you can snag one for 8000 bucks. About 165 US bucks. Add another 50 USD and you got repairs covered. For your own 250cc biike that's cheap and easy to repair and maintain. This way, you don't have to plan anything, you can just go as you like. Where you like and when you like. "

"I don't say they're like the Taliban. They have a strong Maoist agenda. For all practical purposes, large areas of Rural Andra Pradesh, Orissa are run by them. At times, they've even made commando style raids on high security prisons in population centres like Bihar and have freed prisoners. They've also made raids on garrisons, storehouses etc. Recently, it was revealed that they had a factory that made at least 1000 Rocket Propelled Grenades...in the capital of Tamil Nadu (though they don't operate there).

But watch your six, when you speak to a Naxalite. Many a time, the police send in tourists who got in trouble w/the law as undercover informants posing to be just passer bys as a part of "the deal." And if you show that you have money, or have backers who'll pay ransom, you'd be setting urself up for a kidnap. The way in which they view outsiders is necessarily not the same in the way they view a subsistance farmer.

But, again, the chances of getting harassed by a Naxalite is MUCH LESS than the chances of getting harassed by a lard-o in LA. Just be careful man and in my view, the best policy for a Western tourist is "I go my way, you go yours" kinda attitude w/ them. In Rural ANdra Pradesh, you NEVER want to flaunt ANY wealth. EVER. Just dress simple. No fancy or expensive looking tents or backpacks- or otherequipment. And drive a simple motorbike which is simple yet sturdy. Like a Jawa 250cc used.

But again, there is quality smoke to be had in rural Andra. If you are feelin adventurous, you can embark on a journey that will take you from Tamil Nadu to Kerela to Andra to South Orissa to Puri. It's a fuckin' hard journey, but for sure, that experience is worth it on a motorbike!! Puri is a religious town, where mmj is more or less legal. U can buy off government run shops there, just as u can in Rajestan etc. "

#12 by "glock 23"

"Naga's got the best advice about India you're likely to find, especially if you're a stoner One thing to be prepared for is overwhelming heat. Heat like you've never experienced in your life. Take suntan lotion, and a lot of it. Also be prepared for bugs. You're gonna see bugs everywhere. A lot of Indian people refuse to kill bugs, and this will be immediately apparent when you see flies sitting on people's faces. Get some insect repellent with DEET. Nothing works better.

Another good piece of advice is to buy clothes there. Don't take too many pieces of clothing with you. I'm Indian, but I stick out like a sore thumb in India, and as a result, I get MOBBED by beggars. Next time I get out there, I'm gonna ensure I pick up some Indian-style flared jeans and tight shirts, as well as several sets of kurta-pajama (Indian outfit for guys...a long shirt and pants with a string in the waist, like sweats). I cannot get shoes in my size there though, so I really have no choice in that department.

I grew out some seeds I picked out of ganja from Andhra Pradesh that I purchased in Mumbai. Man, the smoke is realllly good. Surprisingly good for something that cost me 500 Rs. for 8 Puris, or about $10 US for over a QP. It took me forever to grow out. It would be a little difficult to do them in most of the continental US, but if you really wanted to, you could. Some Indian sativas really creep up on you. You can smoke a bunch and you'll be like WTF, this stuff isn't getting me high. It's not like Dutch skunk. 20 mins later and you'll be wishing you hadn't smoked so much

This is as sativa as it gets man. In '07, I'm going on a quest for cannabis genetics in India. Saduji, I'm going to try my best to get down to Kerala then.
"

also, "naga sadu" wrote on #13

"But yes, do bring suntan lotion if ur lighter skinned. And if u do get red eyed, slice 2 pieces of cucumber up (non refrigrated) and rest them on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Helps as well since u don't get shit like Viasine here.

Sometimes, while you crash in lodges, insect repellents don't work out too well. You'll need a mosquito coil. It's cheap and Rs. 5. YOu set the coil in your feet and not a single mosquito will hover over u. PRob w/ insect repellents is that they keep mosquitoes away from ur skin whereas coils keep them away from the area. More than the bite, those mosquitoes make a fuckin annyoing noise when they hover near ur ear when u have lotion on. Not an issue w/ coils. In my exp., I prefer coils.

And u can buy repellent locally as well. Odomos is pretty good. But still not as good as coils. And also if you're camping on the open, don't camp near the shores of a lake or pond in the lowlands. Malaria mosquitoes breed there. "

"
Quote:
What i wanted to know is wether i can get arrested for not having a license or not?
I don't think the Indian Penal Code (IPC) permits police personnel to arrest folks for not driving w/o a license. For all practical purposes, you'll just have to pay a "fine." This can range anywhere from 50 Rupees to 500 Rupees, depending on how rich you look and what vehicle you're driving. Mostly, if you look like a backpacker riding around on a 2nd hand bike, nobody will even bother.

Quote:
I'd hate to go that far to score then get the stuff taken away from me simply because of a roadside police checkpoint...
There are not too much police checkpoints in India and most of them bear a rather desserted look. Most often, you'll be driving past a checkpost and 90% of the time, the occupants are soundly asleep. The police aren't interested in motorbike traffic, they're more interested in commercial lorry traffic.

In the night hours, the checkpoints leading to the forest areas and hill stations become active. THese aren't police checkpoints but are forest department checkpoints. Though they are mainly after smuggled sandalwood and not pot smoking backpackers, be a bit careful (NOT paranoid) when negociating around @ night. Be wary that most sandalwood smugglers use Royal Enfield (Bullet) bikes, so it's best if you don't ride around in one of these. As stated before, the Jawa 250cc is an excellent bike for negociating crap roads and hills.

I don't recommend night travel in India, esp. in the hill stations and on forest areas, though, unless you absolutely know how to handle a bike. Nothing major, but when shit breaks down, it can be a bit of a scare. Once when I was descending down Munnar to go to Erenakulam on a bike, the headlight got fucked (wiring fault). And it was pitch dark. One of my comrads seated in the back had to shine his pocket torch and that was our only source of light. The entire route had not a single light source or even reflectors. It was raining as well, and the entire trip consisted of mud roads, w/ lotsa stones that made u slip alot, especially on turns. That's a tricky situation right there!! And something a first timer or an inexperienced dirt road biker would do well not to try. And that's not the only time the headlights have got fucked while climbing down a hill at night either. "

that is selected info from 1 of 4 pages.

unfortunately, the person doesn't seem to use those forums anymore, so those posts are it for now.

malanavillager, what do you know about that? can you confirm the data from there? i had to mess with the url because i just registered and the site won't let me post links.