Question and advices about the BALLAST.....

nirvana76

Hello guys. When the last year i started whit the grow indoor, i starded whit the 250 w lamp, and a Magnetic Ballast (60 euro), the white kind, that was the more economic to save money....

After six month i switched to the 400 w lamp and have buy another Magnetic Ballat, (about 80 euro).

Now, i have four MH/HPS 250 w.lamp, two MH/HPS 400 w. lamp, and only one Magnetic Ballast for the 400 w lamps.

But now, i whant to buy a 600 w. lamp whit the Ballast, but, every time that i whant change the lamp, for example, " the 400w for Vegetative stage, after the 600 w. for the flowering stage " i must change the Ballast but is always a great waste of time!!

For this reason, now i whant buy an ELECTRONIC BALLST, a model that can change the wattage just turning a switch and power to act as Ballast lamps, of250/400 or 600 w., whitout having to change it each time i whant change the Bulb.

If there is someone whit more experience could help me to advise me, for don't spend money unnecessarily???

Thank'u so much, have a nice day, Simon.sfacciato

yeah 1000w in 1m² is too big Stay on the 600w digital that can switch to 400w ;)

if you have more than 1m² you can try a 1000w tho.

A friend of mine is running a Lumatek ballast and buds are looking great ;) I don't know about other brend of digital ballast.

Good luck

Guest Da-Collie-Man

u can get 600wt switchable magnetic ballast....if spend extra to and get the black ballast is life time garanteed

no wait if store carries...take in & exchange

just another option case u find elect ballast 2 exp.

cool about the black ballast natas never heard about it, i'll have a look :)

And simon, i haven't try myself a digital, but my ex housemate has bought one when we left, and his buds are clearly a lot harder, plants internoedal length shorter, so probably a little more efficient, but in the harvest no big Weight difference between us 2. I still have our personal world record with my magnetic ballast so it ain't that bad ;)

i have electronic ballests. i have 2 600w and 1 400w. the 400w is a lumitek and the 2 600w are no name brand. i love that they are adjustable wattage and switchable. the diffrence in mag and elc is that digital ballest produce a steady light no flicker. the flicker you see in videos of grow rooms is the pulsing of magnetic ballest. it is too fast to see with eye but is picked up in videos.the electric ballest gives constent light so u get dencer nugs.

Yes is true!!!! I see the same thing!!

Thank'u Bozo, i have decide to buy a Electromic Ballast of " SONLIGHT " that have 3 powers: you can adjust the power of the light only by turning the lever:

For example, 250w, 400 w or 600 w., as you pre3fer to use every kind of lamp whitout change every time the Ballast.

Is more expensive than the other but for me the ballast is important as the light!!

Thank'u for the advices, hello, Simon.wink