Bugs Reviews

Dust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cant create album or post pics in comments unless with a url adress for the image.

Wen trying to create album, after choosing privacy and album name description, wen I click to create, message apears; "Unable_to_create_in_album" (not this exact words) and last time I tryed today, the message no longer apears but album is not created and nothing happens.

• 3 weeks later...

ok you must be talking about the browsing button, if you click on the "More reply options" button right next to the post button, you should have the browser above the reply window.

The Upload button that admin had integrated last week is gone now, i guess it wasn't working ^^

Good luck

• 5 months later...

Hi there just though i would let you know about this bug

if i go to my reputation page i get this code, but this doesn't hinder me at all but thought you should know

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/shunter/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_9/skin_profile.php on line 1838

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shunter/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_9/skin_profile.php:1838) in/home/shunter/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shunter/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_9/skin_profile.php:1838) in/home/shunter/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shunter/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_9/skin_profile.php:1838) in/home/shunter/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shunter/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_9/skin_profile.php:1838) in/home/shunter/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328j

Here is the screenshot

post-16754-0-29108100-1349381918.png

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Multiple persons have contacted me regarding bugs since 03 Jan 2017, and I am experiencing the same or similar problems.

The Chat Toolbar is gone for some, me included.

When the Chats are working, they don't properly display the responses from others when viewing the chat using Smartphones or Androids.

When in Messages or in Notifications sub-windows, the Avatars and their under-infos are squeezed very slim as if looking at them almost 'edge-on'.

The scroll-down bars are missing.

It is not possible to scroll some Message-Edit screens downward in order to find the "send" button.

Some of these bugs seem to be browser-specific.

For any StrainHunters reading this, I had sent a squawk to the appropriate administrators regarding these and other issues.  However, as you should understand, this week is filled with emotions and stress for us all.

I have received a response from the administrators, that they are aware of these problems, and that they will work these issues when they can.  Let us be patient and allow the healing process to unfold.

If you would like to express your thoughts to Franco or wish him farewell, a Condolence Board has been opened.

• Like 1

If it helps anyone, ive been able to scroll using the wheel button. press the wheel, you'll see a small white disc appear. if you move your pointer above or below that it will scroll. lol I completely forgot you could do that.

• Like 1

Good that you have informed us, Cropsicle.  It is always good to post tipps to help others.

And if anybody else has noticed any bugs (failures of the site to act properly), please report them in this thread.  This thread (or other threads with a similar theme) is the right place to report such problems.  It is so much better than loading up the administrators Messages buffers with complaints, especially at this time of grief.

They have assured me that after this week or after the mourning period, they will work to correct the problems.

And by the way, to my knowledge, all you StrainHunters have been great.  You are a good bunch of people.

Just discovered another bug.

If I cut from Word and paste into Messages when running under Mozilla, the text is good. (although the scroll bar is still missing and the Avatar stack is squeezed, as discussed earlier)

But if I cut from Word and paste into Messages when running under I.E., the automatic text color (gray) fails to function, and the text remains black on the almost black background.  Hard to read.  If the Message is then saved, then the text remains black for the reader also.

Gasmeter was kind enough to offer some very detailed info regarding scrolling, and possible solutions.  I have copied it from its original thread and pasted it here below:

**********************************  Gasmeter said:

I am also unable to scroll any of the pages on the site because the scroll bars are not being rendered, under IE, Firefox, Chrome or Opera running on Win 7 Professional, the arrow keys on my keyboard do not have any effect either.

I am not familiar with this framework simply because it is proprietary software (paid) not Open Source (free), but checking the source code I see this meta tag <meta itemprop="url" content=http://forums.strainhunters.com/ /> directly after the opening <body> tag which should not be located within the document body.

Although these tags and their contents are never rendered in the page/document, it should not break the site and cause the symptoms people are experiencing.

If like me you find you just cannot scroll the pages here is a simple technique you can employ to allow you to scroll up and down any page, by simply entering a JavaScript expression into your browers address bar and pressing the enter key on your keyboard to execute the expression.

So type the following into your browsers address bar then press the Enter key on your keyboard

javascript:scrollTo(0, 50);

Be aware if you copy and paste the code your browser will probably remove the keyword javascript and the colon following it and URL encode the numbers so 0 = 30% and 50 = 35% malforming and breaking the expression, so it is best to type it into the address bar.

scrollTo() is a method of the browsers window object, it takes 2 parameters, the first relates to the X axis (horizontal) and the second relates to the Y axis (vertical) of the page.

In the example code above the value of the first parameter is zero 0 because we do not want to side scroll the page, the value of the second parameter is 50 this will cause the window to scroll downwards by 50 pixels, you can change these values to whatever you prefer.

When executed this code will simply scroll the page downwards by fifity pixels, when you wish to scroll up the page place a hyphen or minus symbol before the parameter value to make it a negative value for example -50 and when you press the Enter key and execute the expression the page will scroll upwards by 50 pixels.

You can adjust the value for the second parameter to increase it to 100, 200, 300 or however many pixels to scroll quicker up or downwards.

This will work fine in browsers on desktops and laptops, but your mileage will vary under mobile browsers because in the main they are crap. 

Gasmeter

Likkle more 

I have just edited my post to correct my typos I am a complete duickhead at times.

I forgot the reference to the window and used the wrong method in my haste, I should have used the method scrollBy() which scrolls the window by the values passed as a parameters or arguments, whereas scrollTo() actually scrolls the page to the values position for example javascript:self.scrollTo(0, 50);  will scroll the page to 50 pixels from the top of the page, 100 would be 100 pixles from the top of the page, not scrolling by 100 pixels.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

I am also unable to scroll any of the pages on the site because the scroll bars are not being rendered, under IE, Firefox, Chrome or Opera running on Win 7 Professional, the arrow keys on my keyboard do not have any effect either.

I am not familiar with this framework simply because it is proprietary software (paid) not Open Source (free), but checking the source code I see this meta tag <meta itemprop="url" content=http://forums.strainhunters.com/ /> directly after the opening <body> tag which should not be located within the document body.

Although these tags and their contents are never rendered in the page/document, it should not break the site and cause the symptoms people are experiencing.

If like me you find you just cannot scroll the pages here is a simple technique you can employ to allow you to scroll up and down any page, by simply entering a JavaScript expression into your browers address bar and pressing the enter key on your keyboard to execute the expression.

So type the following into your browsers address bar then press the Enter key on your keyboard

javascript:self.scrollBy(0, 50);

Be aware if you copy and paste the code your browser will probably remove the keyword javascript and the colon following it and URL encode the numbers so 0 = 30% and 50 = 35% malforming and breaking the expression, so it is best to type it into the address bar.

scrollBy() is a method of the browsers window object, it takes 2 parameters, the first relates to the X axis (horizontal) and the second relates to the Y axis (vertical) of the page.

In the example code above the value of the first parameter is zero 0 because we do not want to side scroll the page, the value of the second parameter is 50 this will cause the window to scroll downwards by 50 pixels, you can change these values to whatever you prefer.

When executed this code will simply scroll the page downwards by fifity pixels, when you wish to scroll up the page place a hyphen or minus symbol before the parameter value to make it a negative value for example -50 and when you press the Enter key and execute the expression the page will scroll upwards by 50 pixels.

You can adjust the value for the second parameter to increase it to 100, 200, 300 or however many pixels to scroll quicker up or downwards.

This will work fine in browsers on desktops and laptops, but your mileage will vary under mobile browsers because in the main they are crap, when you have typed the code and you press the Enter key under IE you can keep tapping Enter and the page will scroll because the address bar retains focus, but under Firefox and Opera you will need to click in the address bar after pressing enter to give the address bar focus again.

Chrome is just absolute shyte not only does the address bar lose focus it refreshes the URL so you will have to type the expression each time, if you paste it into the address bar it will remove the keyword javascript and the colon as well. 

Gasmeter

Likkle more