THE 2012 MOTOGP SEASON IS ON!!!

franco

Most of you already know it.... after cannabis, my passion is for motorbikes and racing.

So, if there is a little bit of petrol mixed through your blood as well, make sure you don't miss the Sepang testing.

We're still far from the first race of the 2012 season (Qatar, 8 April) and this year there's gonna be new rules and new bikes (1000cc). But I am already in full-gas mode....

LOL

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Test+sepang+first+day+mid+day+report

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/2012/Valentino+Rossi+Ducati+Team+Sepang+Test+1

• Like 2

Lool Fuzzy nice vespa!!

YEAH MAAANNN i've been waiting for that freaking season all winter, can't wait to see it, do you think the test will be diffused on tv franco? Damn i hope The Doc isn't gonna hurt his self before the season!!

Can't wait to see it we're gonna see some driiiiift this year with thos new 1000cc!! I saw there was this CRT thing too now. But still didn't really get what it was lol.

Go valeeee ;)

While you wait check this man,Escellent movie on motogp!! You see Vale during his First year on GP with 500cc, damn i have to find one of those bike!

First one is "Faster" Next one out in 2011 "Fastest"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soon soooooon :)

while we are waiting wanted to share this very nice move the ACmilan did last monday :

The AC Milan paid tribute to the champion shortly ahead of their Serie A match against Lecce on Sunday through the actions of 58 children from the Milan football school in Coriano.

simoncelli-milan_preview_169.jpg

23 October, 2011 held one of the most painful tragedies in the sporting world in recent years, when Marco Simoncelli lost his life in a tragic accident during the penultimate Grand Prix of the season in Malaysia, Sepang. On that same date, thousands of miles away, the AC Milan was playing in Lecce in a challenge for the Serie A championship.

The two completely separate events, in fact, were closely related: The MotoGP rider was a big fan of the AC Milan and had many friends among the ranks of the team, including team captain Massimo Ambrosini and goalkeeper Christian Abbiati. The events were also connected as Simoncelli had planned to visit the Milanello sports center owned by the AC Milan a few days after returning from Malaysia.

AC Milan found themselves at Lecce again yesterday, for the second match at the field this season, and took the opportunity to honor the fallen star once again. 58 children gathered at midfield just before the match began, celebrating Marco with a commemorative jersey signed by all the players of the Italian team.

motogp.com joined the AC Milan team at this important event to say goodbye again to a great rider. Ciao Marco.

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/san+siro+celebrates+Marco+Simoncelli

• Like 1

yesterday Official presentation of the New Ducati GP Desmosedici 2012 :D

Monday saw the online unveiling for the Ducati Demosedici GP12 which both Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden will ride for the 2012 season, in a special event celebrated at the factory’s HQ in Borgo Panigale which was attended by team personnel and both riders.

Almost 100,000 fans from around the world followed the event through Facebook thanks to Ducati’s live streaming of the presentation, at which Ducati CEO Gabriele del Torchio, chief engineer Filippo Preziosi, Rossi and Hayden all spoke.

“We’re almost ready for the new season, and we’ll see how we go during this final official Test at Jerez,” said Rossi, whose machine retains his famous luminous yellow but in a more toned down manner than last season.

The new GP12 livery also incorporates a more Italian ‘feel’, with green and white stripes giving a nod to the factory’s national roots.

On a technical front, Preziosi confirmed that the new GP12 utilises the full 1000cc engine capacity permitted in 2012, and revealed other key technical characteristics of the machine which you can find out more about in the attached video presentation.

Source : http://www.motogp.co...ntation+on+line

Yop guys little update Last week of preseason overed on sunday little report from the motogp site, Rossi is finally coming back on the race at less than 1s from the leader :superblue: YEEEAAH ^^

01caseystoner_1_preview_169.jpg

The MotoGP™ class was blessed with close to ideal conditions at Jerez on Sunday, where the third and final day of the Official Test took place. With the first practice session of the season's opening race – the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar – less than two weeks away, all 21 riders who will make up the elite category grid in 2012 were able to pack in a full day's work at the southern Spanish circuit thanks to clear blue skies and favourable temperatures.

Laying down the gauntlet in the lead-up to the new campaign World Champion Casey Stoner, who on Saturday had ridden just three laps and was one of those most aggrieved by the loss of a day to the poor conditions, was able to make significant progress on Sunday and timed in at 1'38.780. The Australian built up to his fast lap steadily, taking top spot inside the final quarter-of-an-hour of the day and then improving on it with his 61st and final lap. Perhaps of most concern for Stoner's rivals will have been the consistency of his pace – on his longest run, which was a 10-lap stint prior to his hot lap, his average time was registered at fractionally under 1'39.7.

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) had occupied top spot for the majority of the day before Stoner leapt ahead of him. Lorenzo was the only other rider to get under 1'39” across all three days when he set a scorching fast lap of 1'38.953 in the morning, on a new set of slick tyres., With that the Spaniard remained the quickest rider until shortly before the conclusion of the day, and was able to focus on electronics work, a race simulation and pace consistency in the afternoon as he put in a total of 84 laps.

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) was the next closest challenger to Stoner in terms of lap times, getting to within 0.377s of his team-mate thanks to a best time of 1'39.157. Pedrosa also carried out a race-distance run, and the pace of both Pedrosa and Lorenzo during their 26-lap long runs was highly impressive as each lapped regularly in the low- to mid-1'40” region.

Yamaha Factory Racing's Ben Spies, in a similar vein to his team-mate Lorenzo, did not have anything new to try out but rather concentrated on improving his YZR-M1's set-up and the American was able to get to within 0.715s of Stoner. The highest-placing non-factory prototype of the day was Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), who on Saturday had said that he believed there could be time to be gained from a new front tyre compound which was made available on Sunday by Bridgestone. The Brit made up over half-a-second on his time from the first day, posting a 1'39.585 to end the Test fifth fastest following an impressive display.

After what had been a hugely disappointing second day for Valentino Rossi and with a corner entry issue having been a major problem for the Italian on day one, he found a personal improvement of almost 1.2s on Sunday afternoon to get into the 1'39”s for the first time during the Test. The Ducati Team rider's best effort of the day of 1'39.733 made him the last rider to get within a second of Stoner, which represented something of a considerable step forward compared to Friday's results as Rossi worked on trying to carry more speed into corners.

Having suffered with illness on Friday, Andrea Dovizioso was able to take advantage of a full day's riding to put in 72 laps as he carried on where he had left off on day one – namely finding an electronics setting which better aided stability in corner exit. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider was just ahead of Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team), who in his search for better traction in the faster corners timed in as the last rider under 1'40” with a 1'39.919.

The top 10 was completed by Álvaro Bautista (San Carlo Honda Gresini), who escaped an afternoon crash at the Dry Sack corner unharmed, and rookie Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda) who at 1.318s off the fastest time of the Test rounded off a solid pre-season. Héctor Barberá was the busiest rider of the day, putting in 91 laps on his Pramac Racing Ducati machine, and he timed in just under three-tenths ahead of fellow GP12 rider Karel Abraham of the Cardion ab Motoracing team.

Frenchman Randy de Puniet (Power Electronics Aspar) ended the Test as the fastest CRT rider on his Aprilia machine, and in 13th position overall was 1.821s off Stoner at the top. De Puniet ended the Test 1.044s ahead of team-mate Aleix Espargaró who was the next fastest CRT machine.

The Spanish rider led a group of seven CRT riders all within a second of one another by the end of the day, as Danilo Petrucci (Came Iodaracing Project), Colin Edwards (NGM Mobile Forward Racing), Mattia Pasini (Speed Master), Michele Pirro (San Carlo Honda Gresini), James Ellison (Paul Bird Motorsport) and Iván Silva (Avintia Racing) bunched closely on the timesheet. Pasini was another rider who walked away uninjured from a crash, which came late in the day. Yonny Hernández closed Sunday 0.460s off his Avintia Racing team-mate Silva.

You can view a complete version of the timesheet from each of the three days of the Test by clicking here. Video highlights of Sunday's on-track action and rider interviews will be available in the Latest Videos section, and the best images from the Test can be found in the Latest Photos area. You can stay up to date with all the latest news in the lead-up to and throughout the season by following the Official MotoGPâ„¢ Twitter page.

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/day3+report+test+motogp+jerez

And another small article on the DUCATIIII team ^^

46valentinorossi-6_slideshow_169.jpg

The final day of the three-day Test at the Spanish Jerez de la Frontera circuit officially closed out the pre-season, and the next stop for the MotoGP riders is the Qatar Grand Prix on April 8th.

The Ducati Team saw its riders, Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden, finish the day in sixth and eighth positions, respectively. It was a result with which both could be satisfied in the context of the Desmosedici GP12’s development path, as the bike has now undergone seven days of testing, taking into account the days ‘lost’ to bad weather.

Valentino Rossi:

“Today went much better than Friday, and I’m pleased… we’re pleased. Unfortunately, we made some mistakes at Sepang 2 chasing a bad set-up, and we paid for that a bit on Friday because we started from that base. Then Saturday’s rain cost us an entire day, but today we finally worked well all day long. Step by step, we arrived at our current potential: I’m sixth, and I did a 1'39.7, which is a good time considering that we’ve only really ridden this bike for six or seven days. We changed the set-up, first the rear and then the front, and now I enter the corners pretty well again. I’m able to lean and I can ‘risk’ a bit more. Although we know very well that we still have a long road ahead, if we look at the gap to the front we can say we’re ready for the first race.”

Nicky Hayden:

“It’s been a very, very busy day. With my injury affecting the last Tests, we needed to squeeze a winter’s worth of testing into this weekend, and yesterday was basically a wash. Today we got to try some stuff on the bike and learned a few things. I’m not thrilled with my lap time because I thought I could go a bit quicker but I struggled a little with the fast corners. We’ve clearly got some work to do, but now it’s time to get ready for Qatar, and I look forward to starting the season. I definitely feel better after coming here and getting to ride at close to 100 per cent and getting to understand the bike a bit more. Now it’s time to see what we’ve got when we put the cards on the table.”

Ducati Team press release

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/ducati+team+day3+test+jerez

• Like 1

ALL HAIL FRANCO!! Officially the best cannabis forum ever!! THC, Motorbikes and Valentino what more can a girl want!?! Thanks for the updates nobody in the uk seems to watch mgp so we never hear anything! keep the info coming boys, this thread rocks!! :)

LOL "A girl that grow and loves sport! (unheard of before in this forum)lolol" haha you killed me with that one but so true ^^

Actually mine kind of likes MGP too ^^

Glad that you are liking the place SexySativa ;) Sad to hear about the Uk' and motogp, so they don't only not know how to eat, but also not how to ride a bike :lol:

Will update when news there will be ( yoda style :newrussian: )

OOOOHHH YEAAAAAH this is it, 5 days Left until the first race of the season in quatar!!

So sunday 8/04 Quatar race at night time will be nice to watch.

While we are waiting little article from my favorite team ^^

Rossi and Hayden eager to get going

46valentinorossi_preview_169.jpg

The 2012 MotoGP™ World Championship starts on Thursday at Losail International Circuit, where it will be a long weekend. Riders will take to the track a day early and the race is held at night, as has been the custom at this venue, but those are not the only unique characteristics of the season-opening Grand Prix. This year is also marked by MotoGP’s return to the 1,000cc maximum-displacement limit and the debut of the CRT bikes.

During the three winter tests, Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden started their work on the Ducati GP12, which debuted two months ago. While their focus during the Qatar practice sessions will be on preparing for the race, the two riders and their respective teams will also continue to work on finding their harmony with the new bike.

Valentino Rossi:

“We worked hard over the winter, and although we went the wrong direction at one point, we once again managed to find the good feeling with the GP12 that we’d had in the first test. With those settings, which we’ll start with in Qatar, I was able to get good feedback from the bike. At Losail it will be very important to work well during the sessions leading up to qualifying so that we can increase our confidence step by step as we approach Saturday, always trying to maximise our potential. I’m a realist, and I know well that our times are still a long way off and that there are still some things to fix. We won’t be able to address some of them right away, but it’s also true that both we at the track and the guys back home now have a direction to work in, and we must try to do as well as we can. We won’t completely re-do the bike during the season, but we’ll try to progress little by little.”

Nicky Hayden:

“This is my tenth season in MotoGP, and I’m looking forward to it. I have a really solid team and I think we have a good bike this year. With all the injuries from Valencia and my training incident, preparation obviously hasn’t gone exactly how you’d like it to, but Jerez was a good test for me to do a lot of laps at very close to 100 per cent. Qatar is pretty unique because we’re racing at night, but the truth is, after you get rolling, you don’t notice it by about the third of fourth corner. It really doesn’t change too much with things like lines and bike set-up, but as it gets later, you have to be careful with the condensation on the track, especially in Turn 2. I’d like to be going into the first race closer to the front, but hopefully we can do some steps. I’ve basically only ridden around by myself on this bike, so it will be nice to get in the race and really see how it stacks up against the others.”

Ducati Team press release

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/ducati+preview+qatar

I hope he will, we have some amazing race shots now during the race i love it, it's almost total immersion :D

Yeah simoncceli will be missed poor him :( but that's the risk of high level motorsports unfortunatly.

Hey guys, ITS OOOOONN, ok i'm excited to see that first race, press conference has been done to launch the quatar grandprix :rabbi:

01caseystoner,motogp_slideshow_169.jpg

You, you you and you no matter from where you are you can watch it :cool:

here a little review of the channel that will diffuse

MotoGPâ„¢ expands worldwide TV coverage with new agreements for 2012

On a pan-regional basis, new long term agreements have been concluded with ESPN in Latin America and ESPN Star Sports in Asia whilst on-going agreements with Supersport in Africa and Al Jazeera, broadcasting in the Middle East, ensure that MotoGPâ„¢ reaches a truly global audience.

New broadcast agreements have also been signed, ahead of the 2012 season, with TV networks in countries throughout South America, Europe and Asia.

Globosat in Brazil, will be broadcasting all races live on their SPORTV channels, which marks the start of a new 3 year partnership with MotoGP.

In Europe, multi-year agreements have been closed with several key broadcast partners. SPORT1 Germany will be taking advantage of the recent success of Stefan Bradl, who this season moves up to the premier class after clinching the Moto2 title in 2011 and will be broadcasting all 2012 events live through their various broadcast platforms. All races and MotoGP qualifying practices will be shown on the main channel, SPORT1.

In France, Eurosport will be broadcasting all races and qualifying practices live with additional coverage of the MotoGP races broadcast on digital terrestrial channel NT1. Whilst, in Spain, with both Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa challenging for the Championship title this season, MotoGP switches broadcaster and moves to Mediaset España who, as part of a new 5 season agreement, will be broadcasting extensive coverage of each Grand Prix on their Telecinco and Energy channels. Across the border in Portugal, MotoGP’s partnership with SPORT TV has also been extended for a new 5 year term.

MotoGP changes broadcaster in Poland for 2012 where a long term agreement with Polsat will see MotoGP broadcast across Polsat channels in the territory and also in Turkey where MotoGP will be broadcast on SMART SPOR (D-smart platform) for the first time. Similarly in Greece, MotoGP coverage this season moves to OTE TV, the IPTV platform belonging to the national telecom company.

Renewed broadcast agreements with Viasat in the Scandinavian territories of Sweden, Norway and Denmark and also the Baltic territories of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, with Autoplus in Russia, Nova TV in Czech Republic, Setanta Sports in the Republic of Ireland, Sport5 in Israel and Sportklub in the Balkan territories of Serbia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Macedonia and Montenegro, all secure the long term coverage of MotoGP in these other key European territories.

Throughout Asia, ESPN Star Sports will be augmenting their coverage of the World Championship this season and will broadcast all races and qualifying practices live, complemented by a new studio based highlights programme ‘Two wheels’ which will cover all MotoGP action on and off the track. Added to this, new broadcast agreements in India with Ten Sports, in Thailand with Channel 9, in China with Guangdong TV and in Japan with NTV as well as an ongoing agreement in Indonesia with terrestrial broadcaster TRANS TV, mean that fans throughout Asia will have more opportunities than ever before to follow MotoGP this season.

Additionally, Casey Stoner fans in Australia will be able to catch MotoGP races live on Network TEN this season, in an exciting new programming schedule which sees MotoGP the focus of a new Sunday evening live Motorsport block on TEN.

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/MotoGP+expands+worldwide+TV+coverage+with+new+agreements+for+2012

Go rossiiiii kick some ass! don't break yours!!!