SO.. who's actually worked with any Landraces..

Flail

Well Why not take the Greenhouse Thai?? ^^ http://www.greenhous...-feminised.html

Arjan is a true lover of thailand so i'm pretty sure it's worth growing ;) but must be a wild strain lol hope you have room

How I remember old video about Thai-tanik old pure thai landrace, Franco said about Thai land that is a best ganja in the world, Arjan said he disagree with Franco. How I know Landrace from Laos as a great success of Arjan. He one of the first who promote it in Holland. But stain based on Laos genetic flowering to long And did not become very popular but many peoples have tried it and sativa stain with long flow remain relevant.

I think Franco was a bigger fan of Sativa as it was when he had throat problems it is typical for people who smoke a lot of sativa.

• Like 1

Aloha ganjalover, I started working with landraces in the early 1970s with Mexican, Columbian, Panama, Thai, and Vietnamese strains. In the late 1970s we got imported seed from Afghanistan that changed the way we were doing things when we saw the results of Indica X Sativa hybrids.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Back when I started growing, early 70's, that's all there were.

I've always found them to be much less finicky about growing comditions than modern hybrids. Any fool could yield an easy pound of bud from those old Sativas outdoors with just a little TLC .

Beware of what's being sold as landrace these days. i was looking at some Colombian strains on this sites strain guide. The Colombian Gold pictured there definately isn't what it's purported to be. True Colombian Gold has a much narrower leaf and less bud density. However the Colombian Black shown there is absolutely the real deal. The stuff is sold as regs in South Florida to this day.

The Punta Rosa is also geniune, but there are so many red strains from Colombia, it's easy for someone not familiar with them to know the true Punta Rosa when they run across it. I see various Colombian Reds sold locally as regs and their all pretty good. However the Punta Rosa has very distinct oily perfumy taste that you don't forget. In the late 70's I'd guess that 75% of the strains being grown in S.E. USA had Punta Rosa in their family tree.

I'll update you guys on what I remember about growing Jamaican and Mexican landraces later.

I am currently growing 5 Lao landrace from Lak 20 area in Bolikhamxay province. I got a LOT of seeds direct from H'mong grower. I planted them 17April. We had a very bad month of May so they are not as tall as they should be (40cm). They are in a greenhouse for the moment but will go outdoors soon. Although, I am considering keeping them in pots under the greenhouse because they take forever to ripen. They already give a very nice papaya/mango smell.

I also have some from further North in Laos from Kasi region. I haven't planted these because I am busy with many other plants too.

Pictures to come soon.

I think the best way to obtain landraces is in the country of growth with a few local contacts (nothing new under the sun..)

• 8 months later...

believe me the farmers haven't been waiting for GHS to introduce themselves all the new genetics, most of those strains have already arrived here, i have talked many times with the concerned people, and with some of the people from the expedition, and they pretty much all say the same, those new genetics do influence a very small area during a very short period of time, but the landrace genetics are just so strong and overwhelming compare to those new genetics that they just wash away the introduced gene after a few cycles, and therefore it would be very dificult to completely wash out a landrace by only introducing a handfull of seeds ;)

Of course on a small island or something like this it would be more easy and possible, but pretty much all the islands you will find in the world now have already seen hybrids plants and they will be here anyway no matter what people say and think, it's like asking someone to keep his old 3310 and throw away his Iphone, i wouldn't mind but a lot of people wouldn't do it, especially when their money to live depends on it.

Now this is an opinion talk i know many people feel diferently, i respect all opinion and this is mine ^^

• 4 weeks later...

I've grown Ketema from Ace seeds last year and have pictures of it in my "Outdoor Grow" thread here.  The seeds are a Landrace and produced fantastic resin loaded buds.  I then make Keef with all the buds, the pictures of the keef are also there.  This year I am growing Ketema again and also got Pakistan Chitral Kush seeds from Ace.  The other Landrace seeds I'll be growing are Tirah Valley , these seeds came from someone who went and brought them back.  I love growing Landrace cannabis, something about growing pure strains.  I'll also be growing a couple of mixed stains as well.  But I can tell you Ace did provide great seeds as my results showed.

I bought some seeds of  SEEDS OF AFRICA the Malawi gold which is a landrace and some reg seeds from WORLD OF SEEDS pure landrace Afgan Kush and will be doing some breeding this up and coming spring its something i have been meaning to do for a very long time and now have the time, i also want to do a stayble purple haze that is purple thats my ultimate long term goal, but ya i do think there could be a LR place in this forum..

peace Bushy

Good luck Bushy, hope you do a grow thread and share some pictures of your grow and breeding endeavor this year.

yes i will be my friend, im very excited to be honest, but alot of planning before hand, ill do a big grow review with pics etc...

peace Bushy

Thanks Bushy, I'll be looking forward to following your grow.  I too am excited about the coming grow season....kind of hard to imagine it with a meter of snow still on the ground, but it will melt and spring will arrive.

• 3 months later...

I usually grow mostly landraces although last season I did try out about 70 hybrids outdoors looking for a male to hit one of my Thais with. In all honesty I was greatly disappointed with all the hybrids. Everything was photographed and I have full grow diaries on the net.

I mostly grow Thai though I also like growing Vietnam, Malawi, Cambodian, Laos and Indian. My favourite after Thai is Indonesian sativa landrace but I haven't been able to get the real thing for years. Same with PNG Gold. Rare as hen's teeth.

Many people I know only grow sativa landrace and wouldn't dream of planting anything else. We're old school... weed is meant to pick you up.... not knock you out!!

Many farmhouse landrace sativa strains have been bred for thousands of years for potency and sweet smoke. Indicas are low potency hash plants that often taste like burnt rubber or worse and it usually ruins a landrace sativa when you cross it with a hash plant even if it does shorten flowering time and height. It also usually turns the new strain into a mould magnet that falls apart in the first rain.

scrubdog

• 3 months later...

Ketama Gold =) One of the most popular in Europe i guess. First taste of the finest hash of course, with a bit of spice type safran, with a quiet and relaxing stone effect which doesn't long too much, but enjoyable feeling no doubt, and functionable.

post-35493-0-51764600-1413376682.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

you the Greg that lived on Bainbridge island in 1979 ?  ... its me the street fighter  Apollo 11!  you had a 5 year old male NL  back then from Vancouver island ...? we smoked some Matanuska thundra....  is this you ...you had a milk and cream full dress fat boy ..