"GREENOMATIC87" Auto Bomb test

Gfarmer

the strain i wanna do is great white shark

if you want to provide me great white shark sure, I don't have it and don't really have much interest in growing it.

only strick rules i wanna stick to is lighting, medium and room size. base nutrients can be used and is of our own choice but no heavy duty bud boosting formulas.

so your saying i need to go out and get a lower watt light? change my medium? and limit my room size?

GTFO, seriously why would I step down my set up, waste my time and resources on a plant I have no interest in.

we harvest both plants in the suggested time frame from the seed company. the seed we will use should be from the same package and the plants must be grown from seed. but feeding schedules and purning things like that are free game this way we will havethe same base start out and the difference will rely on our techniques only feel free to add any ideas tho you down??

Breeder doesn't suggest vegging time... you really are inexperience.

to actually do an accurate test or challenge, the same genetics are required.

since we both have auto bomb, it just common sense to use those.

you are not put at a greater disadvantage this way.

they flower at a set age, while VEG'd plants can be played with MUCH MUCH more

It is not hard for me to get a SINGLE plant to cover over 2ft squre in a ScrOG. (don't believe me read my Clone wars Feat the mothers thread)

I'm trying to be realistic here.

one i think you should consider adding as rules:

Pot size ;) if you suggest 3 gal or lower you are wasting my time.

and can you explain what a Heavy duty booster is?

nothing I use or have used is anything near what I consider heavy duty

plus I feel that a old strain such as Great White shark wouldn't be a good test

of either of our talents... as there are 2 different grow vids outlining EXACTLY what

GH does to those strains.

I'd rather pick a strain that doesn't have a grow vid or a grow session.

no cheat sheet...

BTW, light intensity effects density ;) and if you actually read my post and understand what is said.

I've never said you can't get dense nugs with lower intensity, I said its MUCH HARDER

again thanks for coming out.

UPDATE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day 10

man this week was messed up at first i was struggling figuring out how to deal with a new medium ive never used befor but i think i got the flow going nicely now. mad respect to flail for helping me out even tho we had alittle spout earlyer your advice really helped!!! so here it is day 10 recovering for about 3 and a half days from some minor heat stress everything now is going good tho and i'm keeping a close eye on them.

auto bomb #1

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10003.jpg

auto bomb #2

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10004.jpg

auto bomb #3

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10005.jpg

auto bomb #4

this one im most happy with it had the most damage but has turned completely around the colours back and the leaves are pointing straight up!

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10006.jpg

auto power plant #1

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10007.jpg

auto power plant #2

a-bomb-taigaupdateday10009.jpg

• Like 3

yeah man im having that problem . it's like they dont wanna get any higher i tried taking a bit of soil out but they dont really seem to want to get any taller. any suggestions??

not every plant is having this problem but if you look at the pics auto bomb #4 and #1 are literally resting the soil the other it just looks that way because i took a birds eye shot.

right now tho im currently runing the lights at 20 hr on and 4 off. any imput would bet really appreshiated.

Looking good ;)

for your size problem, maybe try to put light little more high, but don't think it will affect the first stage of leaf.

But it seems to go well, have a good grow

o yeah i took your guys advice flail i waited till it dry and carefully took a nice layer off now they are all standing about 1-2 cms off the soil. dust and romu (sorry for the spelling) i also lowered my plants about 5 inchs from where i was having the problems. i ve altered the lights a few times added cfls but didnt see much of a difference took away one of the hps but wasent happy with the coverage so now im back 300W's hps to stay and putting them alittle further from the lights helped them strech out alittle bit. thanks for all the help check back in 3 days for the next update!!!

• Like 1

UPDATES!!!! DAY 14

so this update is just gonna be a little mix mash of photos, im not really gonna bother labeling everything right now my mouse is broken so im using my keyboard right now to move around. but i promised an update in 3 days so here it is day 14. i transplanted 2 of the 6 into bigger pots on day 11. the plants i transplanted where auto bomb 1 and 2. it went down great no problems the plants that where transplanted are now over double the size of the ones that i left in the jiffy pots. tommorow i am gonna put the rest into bigger pots but its safe to say on future auto grows i am gonna skip transplanting altogether. anyways enjoy the pics and ill see you guys back soon!!

auto bomb transplanted

abomb336.jpgabomb334.jpgabomb337.jpg

comparison shots

abomb338.jpgabomb339.jpgabomb340.jpgabomb341.jpg

abomb344.jpgabomb351.jpgabomb350.jpgabomb347.jpg

yeah im loving that they are compact i just wish they would start gaining more size. the ones I transplanted are doing nicely tho, this is the first time i went from the beginning with 20 hr on 4 off so maybe that has alot to do with it.i just can't believe how much of a difference the bigger pot made this early in the grow. its only been 3 days and already the sprouts have double and even almost tripled in size.

Looking much better

this might be a lighting difference, but some of those leave look a tad too dark. (potassium build up)

if you haven't flushed them yet I'd give them a good flush.

it isn't a "problem" yet its just your plants telling you they want a flush soon.

another way to check ( i wouldn't advise this for an auto as it takes a bigger leaf)

is to break off a fan leaf and squeeze the juices out the end of the broken stem and taste them.

if there is no taste, you don't need to flush, if there is a sour bitter taste enough to get a reaction its time to flush.

• Like 1

thats a really cool way to test for when its time to flush. my technique with flushing is not very advanced insted of checking for salt build up in the medium and only flushing when needed i just flush on a schedule.

but those pics i took in a darker room in person the leaves are alot more of a brighter green. on the 4 that are still in the small jiffy pots the lower leaves are turning i cant figure out why its only the first sets of leaves tho. the ones i transplanted where turning yellow on the bottem leaves befor i transplanted but once i got them in the new pots all the leaves turned green again.s

• Like 1

to jimmy i was just gonna let them flower when there ready i didnt even know you could control the veg period on autos if you can tho i'd like to hear how???

A lot has changed since the last update i started this grow and i didnt have enough equiptment on hand to deal with it properly as a result i was only able to transplant 2 of the 6 plants at an appropreate time since this s really an auto bomb test grow i feel obligated to continue with the auto bom for better or worse and the two that transplanted are doing great. but the 2 power plant autos did not take well to being in the little jiffy pots for so long or something half the leaves turned yellow and they werent looking good. because i am a medical grower on a budget i cant afford to have stunted plants in my closet so i decided last night to give the power plant autos to a friend of mine who is very ill and on a budget but has a really nice set up with lots of room for plants of all sizes..

as a result of this i had 2 spots to fill in my closet and a big bag of genetics choose from i decided even tho i am doing some auto flowering strains i had some strains in my bag i have been dying to grow out and i figured during the begining of there flower period i can make a completely dark room to put them in half way thru the day. the two strains i have decided on where a long time favorite of mine the green house seed company Great White Shark and dna genetics LA confidential. i planted the seeds this afternoon and will post pictures as soon as they pop.

as for the four auto bomb plantsi just transplanted the other two today and am planning on updating pics inthe next few days. i will also take pics periodically at my friends house with the auto powerplants so stay tuned!!!

might be a wiser move to transplant the autos into much bigger pots and use that instead planting more seeds and run into the same issue a few weeks down the road.

more space for roots = more yield at the end of the cycle

• Like 2

kind of agree with flail ^^

So now you have 4 plants left with the 2 power plant gone? for 300w 4 plant i think is the limit amount ^^

But gws and LAconf sounds good too i understand your envy to test them :)

Have a good grow

i didnt put the great white shark and la confidential in little jiffy pots i bought some bigger pots and a lot more soil perlite i know i use that as a minimum my self ive hear that rule befor 100w's for the first plant and 50w's for each additional plant as a minimum. im adding 160w's of cfls to the grow as well but the thing is i have alot of gws and la confidential seeds like tons i could grow both plants for over 2 year and not run out of seeds.

the reason i gave away my power plants is because out of no where 1 of them sexed its self and its barely even 3 inchs tall i dont no how because i had them so close to the lights and on for 20 hr's a day but i didnt even think when i planted them that they would grow because the seeds where really old like ten years old sitting in an open package. i have a plan with the la confiential and GWS for this grow im not gonna get much more off them then an auto plant because im gonna stunt there growth purposely.

its a technique my friend is teaching me i know its sounds stupid and waste full but this way i get alittle more of a varity also i wanna see what the GWS is like while it grows. because on my next grow im gonna do 2 GWS in massive pots so i wanna get a little practice with it. but im gonna still be able to take pics of the power plant to see how its doing.

• Like 1

my only guess ass too why the powerplant sexed itself is that is was stressed and thought it was dying because i left it in the jiffy pot for so long. which wasent intentional i just was suppose to get money on a certain day but the mail got messed up some how and i didnt end up getting the cash till yesterday once i got the cash and saw the condition os the two power plants i said to myself no way in hell am i gonna waste all this soil on a plant thats that stressed and in that ruff of a shape luckly the two auto bombs looked nice and i think they will do alright.

also i might have went over kill on the perlite i bought a 10l bag of a soiless mixture that had only vermiculite in it and no perlite soo i bought a 5L bag of perlite and i just miixed it all together.

im not gonna get much more off them then an auto plant because im gonna stunt there growth purposely.

its a technique my friend is teaching me i know its sounds stupid and waste full but this way i get alittle more of a varity also i wanna see what the GWS is like while it grows.

Be careful with those kind of stresses on GWS, Bozophi's been having hermie issues with his, to the point i think he said last night he is just gunna kill the fucker.

as for the showing of sex, it happens in veg, nothing to be concerned about.

I normally almost ALWAYS wait til they show their sex in veg, they won't continue flowering, but they will pop out a few cayxs with hairs.

this is perfectly normal.

stress and age cause this to happen, independently or symbiotically

Stress is a weird thing for the plant, as we need it to have a certain amount of stress to produce the buds we desire, and certain type of stress at that.

having that said not all stresses a plant endures are good stresses.

• Like 2

my only guess ass too why the powerplant sexed itself is that is was stressed and thought it was dying because i left it in the jiffy pot for so long.

see my post..

as for the showing of sex, it happens in veg, nothing to be concerned about.

I normally almost ALWAYS wait til they show their sex in veg, they won't continue flowering, but they will pop out a few cayxs with hairs.

this is perfectly normal.

stress and age cause this to happen, independently or symbiotically

there is nothing wrong with that plant. BTW i've seen bigger older plants in smaller containers. (these photos are not mine they are shared from Toronto420 blog.

Kdk7L.jpg

zgqM0.jpg

• Like 1

Lol that is some small container!! :)

she still looks good tho ^^

GWS i've topped her without problems,but don't know for the LST etc might stress her a little more if you say so ;)

And for the Sexin in veg, 100% agree with you, usually i always have the sex before i pass to 12/12, first hairs when plant is mature to flower and i've noticed the more you keep them the less stretch you have as they "stretch" during the veg, logical tho lol ;)

wow man that is impressive did the person or you have to use any root treatment or did it just go like that. also today i checked on my plants an noticed the first two have roots growing out the bottem of the pot i transplanted one of them into a much bigger pot but i decided im gonna leave the other one because once i trains planted it i saw that the roots werent really all that crowded yet. i would like to just keep it in the smaller container if i can tho should i try covering up the holes or just let the roots do there thing?