How to distinguish good from bad charas

BomBholenat

Hey my friends,

I talked to a traveller yesterday, who was for 9 months in India. He told me "First you only gonna find crappy charas. but when you built up connections, they'll sell you the real stuff."

I am as I am. I want to smoke the best of the best and I want it now! I want it yesterday! :D To those of you, who were in india, do you know a good way how to check the charas if it is good or not? Abdullah, the maroccan farmer, showed how he tests the hash if it is good or bad quality, but can i transfer it to charas?

Thanks for your comments and tipps,

love and justice,

Bombho :)

well yeah as it's some "living" hash the thc balls must be more fragile and must not have same construction i think if you microscope them, i wonder if trichomes are intact in charas or all broken, i'm guessing more for the brokenart, that's why i don't think technique would work, BUT i guess if there has been some additiv in the charras, cut with anything to make it heavier, perhaps doing as abdullah says, will give you a first idea of the quality.

just a thought tho lol have a good meeting ;)

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few tricks:

1) Buy the charas directly from the producers in villages at high altitude (above 2500 meters)

2) Never buy from big producers, try to find small farmers focused on quality

3) Best time of the year to buy is September/October/November, when you can go up to the fields with the farmers and check the best patches, and find the best charsi (charas makers)

4) The highest quality is never too oily, it stays on the dry-side but it gets really soft as you rub it in with your fingers. If you pull it apart it doesn't snap, it tears gently with a rubbery attitude.

;-)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The best charas I ever had stretched as you pulled it apart, and just before it broke (with a audible snap) it was opaque (nearly see through), it smelt and tasted of sweet flowers and was too sticky too break into small pieces by hand, I had to roll it in tobacco before breaking it up.

Watch out for anything that's crumbly as that usually means its been cut with something.

Also a good test is by using a lighter to burn the edge of a piece, then blow out and sniff the smoke that results, if it smells at all acrid give it back and keep on searching!

If you follow what Franco says about where and when you look for it you will find the best.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Guest Ghost_doG

As franco said i think time is always a issue when you want to get the best stuff: freshness is everything.

Also i think it's trickier to distinguish good charas from bad charas as opposed to finiding good and bad morrocan. I would say that good charas has an amzing smell, as soon as you smell it you'll smell the difference, like some weed dont look like much but have that amazing smell thattell's you:"that's great weed!".

Same for the charras that smell was the only thing i could ever notice.

Everytime i was buying i was thinking this is either the worst shit i ever smoked or the best shit i've ever smoked you wont really know before you tried it...

Peace!