best l.e.d grow lights manufacturer

Nutes

I've got a Hidhut Mothership 540W, it's been running for nearly 18 months, very impressive, it produces yeilds pretty much exactly the same as a 600w sodium but draws half the power and a produces a fraction of the heat.

I'm about the buy a Penetrator 336x pro from HydroGrowLed, I reckon it's the best LED light out there currently, 3 watt high intensity LEDs.

I get it that these cost way more and don't massively out preform a standerd 600w sodium, but you won't get caught.

• Like 1

I've got a Hidhut Mothership 540W, it's been running for nearly 18 months, very impressive, it produces yeilds pretty much exactly the same as a 600w sodium but draws half the power and a produces a fraction of the heat.

I'm about the buy a Penetrator 336x pro from HydroGrowLed, I reckon it's the best LED light out there currently, 3 watt high intensity LEDs.

I get it that these cost way more and don't massively out preform a standerd 600w sodium, but you won't get caught.

Agreed. I've never personally used a hydrogrow but I've seen some great results with them. Send me a pm before you buy a hydrogrow... :)

I have recently purchased an "Elitegrow" pro 200W Diamond lens,90 degree angle lens,3W single chip,11 wavelengths inc IR & UV,3 settings veg/flower/fullspectrum,3 year waranty,repairs if needed is UK based.

This what i will use for the world cup, I will try to get another before then, that will depend on funds as i have a whole list of other things to purchase.

Peace

Lams

post-8436-0-07269700-1351754274.jpg

• Like 1

200W was £299.99.

1 day express delivery if in uk (free), 90 day money back guarantee didn't mention those points in my last post.

The company is UK based and is called "Elitegrow" & is based in London - http://elitegrow.co.uk/

They have a phone number on the site , spoke to the guy and he was very polite and helpful.

Here is a picture showing the colours, picture is from the web site. in the picture the diodes must have been run at lower power as tried to take a photo of my light and it was too bright to see the colours.

The diodes not showing colour or very little colour are the IR & UV diodes.

Wavelengths of Color Output: 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm-480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm

Peace bro

Lams

post-8436-0-25852300-1351764091.jpg

• Like 3

Know what your saying about price. Prices have been falling but tech has been improving at the same time keeping the prices bouyant.

Buying the latest advances in LED is still pricey, older tech is much more affordable.

At some point the improvements will slow down, when that happens the competition between suppliers in the market will make LED affordable to all.

It was a bit painful parting with the cash but now i have it thats in the past and i have a LED that should last a long time.

it is guaranteed for 3 years which is 156 weeks. I paid £300 for it , so £300 / 156 weeks = £1.92 a week over that time period,which is less than a pint of beer or a 2ltr bottle of cola a week.

Hopefully some enterprising individual will start reselling them in Australia.

Anyone can set up a drop shipping web site. What is drop shipping? link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

What with the heat and all in Australia someone could make a nice bit of cash.

Thanks for your input :)

Peace

Lams

Nice Lams,

Im tempted to go with one of these too, the penetrator 336x pro costs 4 times as much, but I've mentally commited to it now!

Prob gonna use it for the contest grow as well so we'll be able to do a direct comparison, although a really doubt mine will be 4 times better.. maybe i should buy 4 of your one instead?! Hummmmm

@ Toke i sure will, all pain will be gone and i will have a massive grin, plus a "WOOHOO!" :D

@ Badger - very a light with a proven track record,pricey ..yes. Will you like it ..i think you will!

:) Very interested to see you use it. :D

@P12 Apache Tech have been around a while now, interesting concepts. The lights come in White, White/Blue , White/Red & Red/Blue.

The White led has a CRI similar to MH .

White/Red is thier answer to dual arc bulbs spectrum.

White/Blue this light is designed for aquariums but could also be used for veg.

Red/Blue Covers the two photosynthetic peak for chlorophyl a & b.

Interesting but they need to supply better data on thier webs to able to make an informed choice. Theu use model name like -AT120W so i am guessing they are rating these lights at 120W.The lights have 120 single LED's which would make the diodes 1watt a piece. Total draw would be lower because LED's are not powered at max rating or they would burn out too quickly.Also no secondary lenses. For the moment they are not doing it for me, lets see if they can supply better data in future.

@ Judge Black dog been doin it for a while, They have a mssive 17 wavelengths (may be a bit excessive), but they do produce some nice bud. no secondary lenses so need to be kept closer, but maybe they will in the future add some lenes.

There are a number of Lights using 5 Watt diodes black dog,grow northern and a few more on reseller sites, Intergrated chip are the new kid on the block , which use an array of diodes ,"advanced LED are using 10Watt" White Cree arrays and "Budzilla" has 4 arrays in each light with wattages ranging from 50W - 120W per single array.

Peace

Lams

kai thanks for the link, that is the place to get the "Budzilla" I really like the look of this light, but price was too rich for my blood. @ £550 a pop i couldn't justify it.

The 200W LED i bought from Elitegrow was £300.

The thing is i still want to get another 200W LED, so i will have a total of 400W.

If i were to buy 2 x Budzilla it would of cost £1100 , where as 2 x Elitegrow Pro 200W is £600.

The £500 i save by buying the Elitegrow will pay for the rest of the gear i want to buy.

It was a compomise but sometimes you have to.

The "Budzilla" is made by a company called "VANQ" it may work out cheaper to import from china - http://www.vanqled.com/

There will be other chinese sites that will sell these lights, but give it time and other resellers in uk will most probably start stocking them and with competition comes price reduction.

Peace

Lams

• 4 weeks later...

@ Lams - first off loving your passion for this tech & all your eloquent posts - 1 - big fan stealthmeister ;)

In this game of fast moving LED tech I wonder what your choice would be -

want to get a really decent setup; a la see more buds ;) for about 8 girls, so about 2 lights -

m torn between budzilla & penetrators x - was wondering what your recomendation is - budget is around 1.8k £ (ideally full power)

many thanks in advance

Peace

Kai

• 1 month later...

Hi KAI , thanks for your kind words, much appreciated :)

I am very drawn to the "Budzilla" but as yet, I have not seen a grow using them. I also know that later in the year they plan to release an even more powerful version, but I don't have a release date yet.

The penetrator x by hydro grow was the light that started the new LED revolution, with its advanced optics and its quantum light spectrum. Though I believe you refer to the to the penetrator x which is not the Hydro grow version, this light is also called the iris rainbow. Looking around this light has the same specs as the hydro grow light and will produce good results.

The choice is a hard one to make, when I decided to buy my LED, I had no previous grows to go on , just the specs i read. So far I am very happy with my purchase, but the verdict is out until flowering has finished. Though everything is pointing to good results. :)

Judging on past grows the penetrator x will grow bud, where as the Budzilla has no rep yet, so it hard to have an opinion, having said that, if it were me I go for the Budzilla.

I realise the the difficulty you are having choosing a light, but when it comes to the cutting edge of whats available, sometimes you just got to go with your gut instinct.

If money dint come in to it i would buy a "Diamond Series XML" http://www.advancedledlights.com/, then a "Budzilla" from http://www.greenlights-ledgrowlights.co.uk/html/ledgrowlights.htm and then a "Pro grow X5" from http://www.hydroponicshut.com/hydroponics-hut-pro-grow-x5-300-watt-led-grow-light.html UK http://www.hydroponicshut.co.uk/

Having said that I am very happy with my "EliteGrow pr0 200W" it is a good LED http://www.elitegrow.co.uk/shop/elitegrow-pro/, no matter which you choose you will no doubt think "i wonder what the other LED would be like".

With some trepidation and it is only a personal opinion I would go for the Budzilla, but you surely know It has to be you who decides in the end. ;)

Peace bro

Lams

Hey Lambs,

Hope you're cool, wondered if you'd seen the new 'X2' model of the 'Penetrator 336x Pro', and how you reckon it performs next to the other LED lights you favour?

Personally I think it's the best out there, but very expensive, if you don't agree please tell me why as I'm about to invest!

Cheers man

Hey Badger all's good with me bro. The hydrogrow penetrator pro x2 has been with us for quite a while, it is a good light with some good grows documented on the web.

It is expensive as you point out, but if you got the folding, then it will produce.

Always hard to be definitive to which light is the best, as different growers have different grow abilities and different strains produce yields of varying weights. However you can get a feel for the different lights by checking such places as Icmag and youtube to name a couple or by Googling the name of the light your interested in, including such words as "grow" or "Harvest" in the search .

It sounds like you have made up your mind already, which is a good thing, because there is a lot of different LED lights out there to choose from.

I myself had decided to get an X2 about a year and a half ago, but funds weren't available. I have since bought an "Elitegrow" Pro 200, which I am currently using for the first time, so far I am pleased with it and will probably buy another one. If money was no problem I would buy a AdvancedLed DS XML 350.

I look forward to seeing a grow using the penetrator pro x2 ,but I would also like to see a grow from any LED, if you were choose something different.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I haven't read through this topic so i don't know if already suggested but advancedledlights.com is by far the best of the leading tech in LED lighting

the diamond series is the best with 3w single bulbs, 11 wavelengths, 2 year warranty, free shipping returns for damaged or faulty goods, try before you buy with a 90 day trial period so if you no likey just send it back at their expense.

have a look at diamond series grow diaries scattered across the web, GREAT results and by far the best and most trust worthy LED company in the world.

( beware that you have to follow the link i gave you as many fake companies posing as them to make con sales )

the lights are very pricey but at the end of the day they are worth it

hope this helps

guys do not know if I can be of help, I last year I bought a 600watt LED grow lamp from China directly, whereas the custom build you a chance to choose the number and power of the LEDs and the color tone I've chosen for my.

Blue 440 to 460 nm

orange 610 nm

660 nm red

180 Lm Warm White

The total cost including shipping and customs is $ 760 with a 2 year warranty, in fact after a few months I had a problem with a power supply, I immediately contacted the Chinese by providing photos of the fault has been sent to me again a power supply and 4 others I've bought a spare at a price of about $ 10 a factory.

So in my experience with the service is good and also the care, with a saving of almost 50% over the price of USA and EUROPE.

My lamp is composed of 12 to 350ma 50w power supplies, each power supply operates 48 LEDs mounted in series on a separate PCB, the pcd in turn rests on an attachable aluminum half an inch thick, which acts as a heatsink, cooled to its time by 12 pc fans, powered by 6 12v power supplies.

And remember that 99.9% of the LEDs on the market are produced in china.

which site did you use?