Leaf problems on GWS

scorro

I have some trouble with the GWS. I did a flush 12 days ago because of salt build up with water EC 0.47 / PH 7.3 / Water temp. 20.3 C. The drain was EC 2.43 and 3.08 and PH 6,4 - 6,6. Flushed all pots of soil untill drain EC was around 1.4. I have started with nutes after 6 days when the soil was dry. Now all the stems and some veins on almost all the leafs are red and before the flush they were green.

post-9233-0-30254600-1329851292_thumb.jppost-9233-0-41528800-1329851295_thumb.jp

(Friday 10 feb)

Day 2

Flushed

(Thursday 16 feb)

Day 8

Plagron Citric Acid 7ml - 10 ltr

H & G Magnesium 5ml - 10 ltr

EC 0.63

PH 6.5

Water temp. 21.2 C

(Saturday 18 feb)

Day 10

H & G Magnesium 5ml - 10 ltr

EC 0.65

PH 6.5

Water temp. 19.8 C

(Monday 20 feb)

Day 12

Plagron Terra Grow 20ml - 10 ltr

EC 0.98

PH 6.5

Water temp. 20.7 C

Hope someone can help me out. Thx already!

Peace

i would say the yellow leaf is either ph too low or nitrogen deficiency but going by your feeding schedule i wold say nitrogen deficiency is best bet . is the whole leaf turning yellow or just patches

the dark spot could be ec build up but you have flushed recently so probably isn't that hope someone else can help you with that

• Like 1

well red stems are also associated to deficiency.. so if your plant had salt building up, she wasn't feeding anymore, you flushed her, she lost biggest part of resting nutes with the salts, and then you almost didn't feed her for another 2 weeks.

I could be tempted to say your leaves looks like normal plant that is hungry, the way the yellow is nicely developed everywhere and the red stem makes me think about this. Plus your plants are in a stage where they grow vigorously and take a lot of food, in my opinion.

but it's only one of the possiblity, it could be either one of the case someone said before.

Good luck man

• Like 1

Thank you all for the advices! :D

what medium? 20*c is on the chilly side also...

I am using soil. Have put the temp control to 22 C - 27 C.

Watched the plants this morning and no signs of improvement after the nutes i gave 2 days ago. :( So i think its no defficiency but i could be wrong. After flush last time the EC was around 1,4 when i stopped flush so i didnt flush them untill the drain was at the same levels as the water like DKH said.

I decided to flush 1 plant tonight to see if there's a salt build up. If so i flush them all and if not i will give them extra nutes.

Hope it will help.

Peace

Ok i have flushed 2 plants with tap water EC 0,53 - PH 7,2 - water temp. 21,2 C and the drain was EC 0,85 - PH 6,5. My guess is that it is nute defficiency or the ph is to low because after flushing with PH 7,2 the drain was PH 6,5. I decided to give them some extra nutes and not use citric acid to get the PH down.

-Plagron Terra Bloom 20ml - 10 ltr.

-Plagron Enzym 5ml - 10 ltr.

EC 1,05

PH 7,2

post-9233-0-30372600-1329932521.jpgpost-9233-0-62008400-1329932522.jpgpost-9233-0-12745300-1329932524.jpgpost-9233-0-32731400-1329932525.jpgpost-9233-0-60233300-1329932526.jpg

Hope its going to get better :unsure:

Peace

What soil are you using, remind me?

6,5 is average ph for mst of the soils it should be written on your packet. So if water comes off at 6,5 i think it's "normal"

As i told you before for me they look hungry, and with those little pics you add, i keep the same statment ^^

As you see most of your little leaves ( not the youngest but the one between old and new) are more or less all with a nice green for the moment, when most of your big leaves are yellowishing, and the New born leaves are clearer than the rest.

I think with a PH problem all your plant would have yellowed at same time everywhere, more or less.

there you can see she took first all the food she had in her old leaves for the mobile nutrient (N,P and K for example) and now you see that it is also starting to miss food because the newest leaves are clearer, it means you are missing immobile nutrient ( mostly found in the biggest quantities in vitality booster, etc.. there are some in every grow and bloom nutes too but little less i believe)

And plus if you add the very red stems you have, i think you can assume that it will be food deficiency as you said you had high temp even at night.

Now as we all know there are lots of reason for a plant to have yellowishing leaves so i can't say i'm 100% sure the answer, but kind of looks like it ;)

Hope she will make it fine ;) but i'm sure she will

Have a good grow

• Like 1

Watched this morning and no improvements think its getting worse. :(

Dust i use this nutes and soil. Not bio.

Soil = Canna Terra Professional Plus

Nutes=

• Plagron Terra Grow
  • Plagron Terra Bloom
  • Plagron Green Sensation
  • Plagron Roots
  • Plagron Enzym
  • Plagron Citric Acid PH-

Peace

post pics please. of where you think its getting worse.

as for the red stems i don't get overly concerned about them

like said before, flush til the EC in is the same as EC out, that means everything been replaced

meaning fully flushed. as for PH

i'd try to PH it to 7, both flush solutions and nuit solutions.

also make sure that all the excess is drained before you place it back in its saucer, you want it to dry out now

no seep in more water.

• Like 1

you want you flush solution to be the same PH as your Feed solution, or rather you want the Flush solution to the IDEAL ph level for your medium.

I'm no so familiar with soil but from everything i remember 7 is a decent starting point.

seeing as you soil is spiting out waste that is lower ph you might want to give it a little lower PH from get go.

• Like 1

When i flush i do with shower water and don't mtouch my ph it must be around 7.2 i just finish with corrected ph.

Man you've already flush your girls 2 times in few weeks, how come how much water do you give them when you flush? don't be shy with them because flushing week after week isn't the best..

Once for all give them 3 times amount of water and make sure you really flushed them lol, for 11L pots it should be 30L per pot to flush them.

Good luck man

Dust i only flushed them all once 14 days ago. And i did 2 plants 2 days ago to check the drain levels. I have flushed them all the first time untill drain ec was 1.4. I have flushed them untill water drains out dont know how many liter i have used. Getting a bit confused by the different opinions and advices.

Peace

oh ok you only re did it on 2 plants last time ok.

You say you water until water runs off, you mean you stop as soon as water runs off? That is not a flush my friend, when i flush water runs off for about 4 5 minutes at least, especially if you have a lockout of something, i thought that you had Biocanna nutes, but it seems it is mineral canna, an i've read on the forum it was making salt build up very quick.

Like i told you man a flush is 3 times the containing of your pots!! don't be shy with them flood them if you want those salts out, if salt it is ^^

I have "flushed" every plant a few times till the drain was around 1.4. First drain was above 2.4 so not poured the pot only once but a few times i gave water untill drain was around 1.4

About the nutes i dont use canna only soil is canna. Nutes i use are plagron range.

But i am still confused man if its best to flush again or leave it like this and go on with feeding?

Peace

Yes plagron for the nutes sorry got my mind mixed up ^^ (stoner)

well we don't see it evolve, best would be if you can put pictures of the beginning of the week and pics of today. Did you notice any changes beside the big leaves continue to yellow? do the new born leaves look better now?

Really best would be pics with view of the all plant and some of the leaves.

Hope it will be fixed soon

No problem! :D

I have made some pics and i think it aint getting lot worse even think its getting better. Guess i had another view on it this morning. :ph34r:

post-9233-0-28936800-1330104779_thumb.jppost-9233-0-52908300-1330104783_thumb.jppost-9233-0-70478600-1330104787_thumb.jppost-9233-0-54422500-1330104792_thumb.jppost-9233-0-67122500-1330104797_thumb.jppost-9233-0-72394100-1330104802_thumb.jppost-9233-0-34549400-1330104807_thumb.jp

Thank you all alot for the info and advice. Hope it will go on like this.

Peace