Nutrient recommendations for soil?

Potent

Never tried thembut you know i've got nothing but good things to say about advanced nutrients.

In a way i'm sure they're designed for hydroponic but they work well for me.

Peace out!

I would recommend Botanicare Pure Blend Pro - Soil Formula. If you follow the feeding schedule provided on the container, the nutrient level and pH are always where they should be; no pH up or down needed if your water is good. I use it combined with my favorite organics like worm castings, bat guano, sea kelp, compost tea/AAME instead of their complete line of additives. I like my micro nutes and trace elements to come strait from nature with soil and the acidity of the Pure Blend Pro feeds the organics in the soil to the plant faster/more completely. All of the photos I've posted were grown with those exact additives and botanicare - hydro formula. There's no need to choose chemical based fertilizers when botanicare is organic and just as good (better I think).

I've never heard of the product you listed, but I bet it's good. I personally like to know absolutely every ingredient in the products I use, so I'd be curious as to what exactly is in the stuff...

Never tried thembut you know i've got nothing but good things to say about advanced nutrients.

In a way i'm sure they're designed for hydroponic but they work well for me.

Peace out!

Advanced Nutrients will grow a plant as well as the competition (size and yield wise) but, dude, JUST GO ORGANIC! Advance Nutes wants you to believe that you need a new expensive jug of crap for every tiny thing. I call it micromanaging, and it's not really necessary. I know growers who worry themselves to death over criticising their levels of Bud Candy, Tarantula, Rhino skin, etc, or any of their ammonia nitrate based fertilizers (just buy scotts/miracle gro if you want ammonia nitrate!) just to produce an inferior product to my organics. Advanced Nutrients says that their products contain perfect levels of this element to that nutrient, etc, but they just want to sell you as many jugs of "perfectly balanced" crap as they can. They would prefer you didn't think about what plants actually need so you will buy 100 different products for every micro-stage of growth. The organics I listed above provide a better spectrum of additives, trace elements, living soil microbes, and micro nutrients. Almost all of my plants are oozing sugary sap from the stems and even buds, and that's the organics at work! ;)

Hey Potent

I must say I havent tried any of "Oldtimers" products.I will be sure to follow the progress of your grow if you use this.

I have always liked Biobizz and will continue for the mean time using it, though i am open to being converted if another product proves to be superior.

After all, who doesn't want the best results one can achieve.

One thing i'd like to point out is that this is made in the uk and what with these times of austerity, keeping British industry going is no bad thing (for us Brits anyway), plus there are less fuel miles so you'd be doing you bit for the enviroment too.

Peace buddy

Lams

• Like 1

funny caracter they have ^^ but don't know them either sorry ^^

Nice advice danMac, are your products available everywhere,

And Lams, i follow you on that point, i've used Biobizz since beginnings simply because they are most easy to find in organic in my country and they are the cheapest most of the time. And as i don't really have lot of money i must stick to that until wealthier days arrive ^^

And i must say i'm not disapointed with the way my plant grow so far, i'm not sating they can't do better, but wouldn't be much ;)

Hey Danmac, I'm using only a few products from the advanced nutrients, mainly the bloom bosters, flush products and basic ferts, the bloom and grow ferts are "organics" so are the other product i believe but i'm only sure about iguana juice.

I understand your point of view but i really had good result with advanced nutrients comparezd to bio bizz, nothing spectacular but as they say around 20% increase in yield...

I know those arent the cheapest product and as they are a pretty big brand with a lot of marketing budget they might look like crook but i wouldnt make a good review if i didnt had good result, my plants look really healthy and grow well!

Then again i'm not that experience compare to most of the guys here and i hear your comment.

Peace!

I also use the Advanced line, obviously at a weaker strength. I use it both for hydro and soil. Some of Advanced stuff isnt useful for soil crops so just use common sense. Depends what your in the game for I guess. If this is a personal crop for your own consumption then I'd go organic as much as possible, but I have no problem with smoking anything grown by Advanced either.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks hunters much appreciated :) some good things there for me to research i got a few days so time for me to get reading and comparing!

I saw the stand for Advanced Nutrients at the cup and now i just have to find the leaflet i got from them lol

well i'm split in two really in one way i want to stay on the organic path less chemicals and better taste etc but i think i'm gonna go for size this time i think :ph34r:

@ DanMacGrowsalot - Thanks man that sounds pretty awesome but as much as i would like to use my own compost etc I still don't know enough to do all of that myself.. still a bit of a pup

@Lamsbread - Yep that's also my thinking, contributing towards British companies could be the way forward help the industry grow every little helps as they say hahaa

Overall which ever gives the BEST results is the one i want but don't we all!

But so far no-one is using Old Timer by Plant Magic so i might look into it!

il be buying a EC pen soon so will be able to make accurate readings etc might keep some of the bio-bizz back for comparison, stoned thought could do advanced, old timer and bio-bizz and do a test over all 3 but i'l have to see how the cash flow is.

Thanks again peeps

Peace

• Like 1

Nice to see you keeping organic, that would be quite the comparison.

Just been doing some reading about Oldtimer in a UK420 forum thread & people seem to be really positive about it. It would seem a majority of the new users were using Biobizz previously and have nothing but praise for "Plant Magics - Old Timer".

In addition to this using thier "Plant Magic Granules" (a granular innoculant made up of Mycorrhiza, bio-stimulants and over 20 strains of microorganisms) & "BioSilicon" (containing a unique blend of humic and silicate) have shown improve results in root mass and plant strength.

The link is here - http://www.uk420.com...218731&st=0

Granules available in 350g & 700g

Granules is a granular innoculant made up of Mycorrhiza, bio-stimulants and over 20 strains

of microorganisms. All these work to create an abundance of beneficial micro life within the soil.

The Mycorrhiza quickly establishes itself forming a symbiotic relationship with the roots.

This in turn promotes a rapidly growing root mass increasing the uptake of more water and

nutrients.

The Microorganisms, which include nitrogen fixers, populate the soil quickly and effectively to promote the

re-establishment of bio-activity. A barrier is formed helping to stop fungal pathogens such as fusarium and pythium attacking your crop.

granules.jpgThe bio-stimulants both balance and promote the biological activity within the soil, stimulating soil micro-population as

well as stimulating root development.

Benefits of Granules

• Promoted root growth (up to 700% increase in mass)
  • Provides a beneficial micro-population
  • Improves nutrient availability and uptake
  • Reduces the risk of pathogens and other undesirable organisms
  • Promotes Nitrogen fixers
  • Increases disease and stress tolerance

BioSilicon

BioSilicon is specially formulated for soil / compost applications containing a unique blend

of humic and silicate to ensure optimum availability.

Silicon is not easily available from the soil, that’s why using this special blend will ensure that your crop benefits from many aspects giving tastier and larger fruit.

biosilicon_web.jpg

Benefits of Bio-Silicon

BioSilicon will strengthen the cell walls of plants resulting in

the following:

• Improved photosynthetic activity
  • Increased yields
  • Stronger stems and stalks
  • Improved resistance to pathogenic fungi
  • Improved heat tolerance
  • Improved resistance to pests
  • Improved disease resistance

Advanced Nutrients - Iguana Juice

I couldn't find much about Advanced Nutrients - Iguana Juice on other forums, though did find one thread on Rollitup forums.

It seems for the most part people were happy with it, though a few people said that there were a few cal/mag problems.

Heres the link for rollitup forumms - http://www.rollitup....ce-users-2.html

I also found a youtube video for Iguana Juice by the "Urban Grower" I got to say they are some nice looking buds. The here is the vid -

Currently i still have some Biobizz left and i'm a waste not want not kinda person, so i'll use it up before i change over to a different set of ferts.

Having said that from what i have read i would lean towards "Plant Magics - Old Timmer Range", partly due to the mycorrhiza containing granules and the Bio-sillicon additions to thier range. I realize that other manufactorers produce simular mycorrhiza and silica/silicon products but i like the way they have put thier range together and the results that people have quoted.

If you are able to do the test it would certainly take the guess work out of it for other people on the forum.

I wish you luck and a good grow ,I will be sure to pull up a chair in the front row.

Peace buddy

Lams

• Like 1

the right way is Biocanna it's a mix of high quality and organic grow :)

biocanna.jpg

there are 4 products

Bio Rizhotonic for stimulate plant roots and health and upgrade quality (this product is amazing plants love it )

Bio Vega : BioVega has been developed especially for the plants' growth phase. BioVega is rich in highly absorbable betaine nitrogen that is released according to the plant's needs. The bioactive substances in BioVega stimulate the root development and the formation of strong growth shoots. This allows even the fastest growing plants to optimally start their blooming period.

Bio Flora : BioFlores was developed for the blooming phase of fast growing plants. BioFlores contains a hops extract. Due to the fact that BioFlores contains a hops extract it provides many of the necessary minerals and in the correct proportions. In addition to these minerals, hops extract also contains cannabinoid-like substances such as lupuline , luparol, lupulon and humulon , which provide the plant with extra blooming power.

BioBost : After years of field studies, in the primary rainforests of South Asia, Africa and Middle America, among other places, and research in CannaResearch's laboratories, CANNA is very proud to introduce BioBOOST!

BioBOOST is a yield increasing agent for all cultivation systems and can be applied in combination with all CANNA's nutritional lines and additives. BioBOOST is not a nutrient but a natural fermented plant extract with bloom stimulating characteristics that are also responsible for a fuller flavour.

http://www.biocanna.com/

i have use the bio rizhotonic and the bio bost soon i will buy the vega and the flora (i have been use the bio grow and bio bloom that a friend gift me :P)

the bio rizho and boost are the ones expensive but they are absolutly worthy

kyle kushman from veganic use it aswell

http://medicalmarijuana.com/experts/expert/title.cfm?artID=504

ooo there's another in the mix BioCanna! My friend suggested that to me for my previous grow but the price turned me away... it's about £4 more expensive than Old Timer but il do some more reading and il make a decision :)

thanks for your input dude

Peace

Canna, Plagron, and also BioNova are very good!

Canna I found it best then BioCanna, the bio makes greater PH fluctuations what can not be so good!

Canna is organic (not sure about all the products) and BioCanna is organic-bio.

What ever you choose in the end will be good for sure!

Take care

• 4 weeks later...

Plagron is pretty hot and among the best when when it comes to pure soil, organic growth with only additives, not a bunch of stuff, that may influence the plants taste..

I think products well worth investigating include that Roots Rhizomatic and one type of PK 13/14 Bloom Buster, the there are special ingredients enhancing the kick start for the flowering stage - said to work wonders.

SOMA swears on Guano from Kalong - He makes a special tea from it, that he feeds the plants via leaves mainly from the 3rd week on every 2 weeks and thinks this makes his buds taste so great !

The most important factor for any organic grower ia the soil.

Either you mix it with the best humus you can find , worms, perlite, bonemeal and what not.

SOMA again swears on Bio Canna Terra Professional.. This is the stuff for pros who love to add their special mixtures and fertilizers to their plants.

For beginners Plagron Grow Mix Light ot rthe best of all the Royalty Mix gives you perfect ph/ec values and 6 weeks of carefree growth, once the flowering begins you can start with your personal choices o get bigger and better tasting buds, add Guano or whatever you want..

I tend to try that Plagron Mix on my fresh crop. Add Rhizomatic, Guano Kalong and a bud stimulizer and hope for the best..LOL

Happy organic Growing !

Yeah thanks dudes, i chose to go with Plant Magic in the end using there Old Timer Organic range. I was using there soil anyway so it made sense and i love there soil i know people who have tried other's but they come back to it + it's made in the uk and we need all the business we can get here! So i'l give them my hard earned money! Although i am looking forward to trying the Gh Powder feed, if it arrives before i start the feeding il do a comparison if not might need to wait till next time.

I have heard how good Canna are but it was a lil bit pricey round here and just so happens the company who i usually buy from was having a sale on the plant magic so that also played a part on my decision. + additive for that additive for this if you by the whole range its pretty intense hehe

+ i don't think we have a Plant Magic old timer grow on here so will be good for other uk users who are interested in there products and maybe if i get a better job i can buy some canna products and do a side-by-side :D

Anyways i thought i'd give you all a heads up on what i chose and really looking forward to this grow going to be my best yet and i'm gonna share it with all you lovely people.....jee ain't i kind :giveheart::D

:victory:

• Like 4

Guest Ghost_doG

He's just supporting the war effort like back in the days: our kingdom is in danger you gentleman need to help our economy to survive! lol

I hear you guys buying cheaper nutes, seems like GH are positioning themself in that category though wouldnt you agree toke?

(I aint saying that for you P i know your motivation and respect them!)

Peace!

Exactly, just like you buy seeds from trustworthy brands you want to get something tailor made for Cannabis. I bet we all could grow with Compo Sana - but that stuff is not tailor made for Cannabis.

This time it is Plagron.

Just checked my order for next week, when I get money..LOL

All Plagron

Royaltie Mix 50 liters (No fertilizers allowed for 6 weeks ! additives are okay, though)

Additives

Plagron Roots

Phytamine

Alga Flower

100 ml each

plus

Bipantol Guano fluid 1litre

and

ph Test Kit

seeds + clones

10 litres Seed Mix soil

EZY Plug Trays

T:Neon 2 & 55 Watt by Secret Jardin

Easy Rolls

--------------------------------------------------------

Still to get

Air Cool Reflektor

Ventilation set

atm I have a large fan blowing air inside the box and a clip fan for the inside. I can add another big fan if necessary.. So i hope this works for the next 5 weeks or so..

Plagron Royal Mix look to be a badass soil - it is organic and they say you can do the whole grow without feeding though you can suppliment it after the 6 week period.

I also like the look of plant magic and guano kalong, I like Soma's organic techniques and if he likes kalong, I,m sure to give it a try.

Peace

Lams

Yes check out the plagron.nl website. They give you exact hints on how to grow organic, terra, hydro or coco and when to add what.

Downside comes at a hefty price - Bio Terra Box includes all you need in small quantities incl the famous Green Sensation ( 250 ml ). The Terra Mix is a bit more affordable and incl. Green Sensation, too..

If you're serious and know you are going to use that stuff within a reasonable amount of time - Go that way..

OTH

I start to think about the GH Feedings more + more..

Mix a kick ass soil for a few euros at a local supplier - Best cleanest dark brown Humus 20 litres 1 euro ! - and just add the feeding looks tempting BUT if you want to be sure your ph & EC is right the top soils are worth the premium !

Um thanks for that DKH lol i was going to go for the Advanced line of nutrients but decided to go with Plant Magic but I have also just recently received a bag of the Greenhouse Powderfeed (mostly indica) so i will be doing a comparison of the two on the Doctors i have.

Why do you think organics is a waste of time?

just wondering on your statement, i understand where you'r coming from with the whole dump in the bathtub i have read some ludicrous "organic tea" lololol but i think you can tell when some bud has bin grown with as much organic based products as possible compared to bud which has bin packed full of chemicals... so yeah just wondering why you feel so strongly against organic feeds?

Peace

• Like 1

Well, depends what exactly is organici n cannabis indoor growth. Key is soil, climate and sunlight- the real best buds are natural grown outside in mostly higher altitudes or on hilltops with lots of direct sunlight, exposed to wind + waterfall but the real magic is in the soil ! The red ground in Jamaica is from vulcanigc origins, same in Hawaii and this is why these countries produce the best environments for growing herbal healings - incl. ganja .

Genetics are of course the other key element.

Fertilizers are hardly used, not necessary if done natural in wider eras not too crowded. Mass production operators may need that stuff and I think that is where the difference is - growing on soil is for losers - you can harvest 3 times as much from hydroponics, but it takes much more space and that makes things more even in small grow tents or rooms with just 1 or 2 square meters you can go for mass and cramp 12 to 20 pots in there and harvest the same amount you can get from say 4 or 5 big pots with hydroponics.

So if you aim for lower quantities you want optimum quality and BEST taste, That is where the Hippies like SOMA rule ! Proper flushing and stop feeding in time before harvest will kill the poo stank from guano, but man uses shit for producing food and flowers since he started growing crops. The right mixture and measure counts. Boiling tea from Guano powder and feeding that to the leaves is another story than just feeding it directly from a pre mixed bottle of concentrates..

Whatever it is what works best for you in a given situation is the best option for ya..

Wonder how the GHS feedings range in that category - taste especially.

I am really willing to try that, the one question I have is what kind of soil does GHS prefer to use with the feedings ?

I mean a heavy pre fertilized soil probably needs less feeding in the first 3 to 6 weeks than a Pure PRO type refined soil, that contains no more nutrients at all.

I think adding that info will be crucial for the success of this product.. I am sure Franco and others here know exactly what kind of soil mix they prefer - must not name a certain brand - just the basics inside ..

• Like 1

The only thing going for outdoors is the free source and abundance of wide spectrum light and in most cases, unlimites space to utilize that light. All other factors and even those can be engineered but, the cost associated with the light and space involved are to much.

I agree with DKH.

Probably a controled envirorment of a clear greenhouse would be the perfect place to grow! With lights to be ready to power on at grey day for example or at the beggining and end of the day...

Take care