Questions

panacea76

Hi Everyone,

All my plants are looking a bit sick. I'll post some pictures up. I'm sure it's because of the nutes im using from Green House..

I'm using them as directed ie.

1 (10g) spoon full for every 10Litres

I flushed th tank 2 days ago with fresh nutrients..

Ph is 5.8 EC 1.3. Temps are 27C 55& humidity lights on and 19C 55% humidity light off.

The PH and EC do not change unlike the Advanced Nutrients.

What do you think?

post-10344-0-33150300-1336416999.jpg

post-10344-0-03226700-1336417022.jpg

post-10344-0-56855300-1336417030.jpg

post-10344-0-27809000-1336417082.jpg

post-10344-0-91869500-1336417049.jpg

post-10344-0-31944900-1336417071.jpg

post-10344-0-83270400-1336417098.jpg

well unfortunatly as you might i am no hydro pro so i won't be very usefull there.

If it were in soil, i would say too much water, do you give enough time to your roots to breath?

But don't worry some DK man or other hydro pro shold come around here ;)

Good luck man

I don't think it's too much water because they have been on the same water regiment for the past 5 weeks and they were thriving before. I'm watering them every 4 hrs for 10 mins during lights on and i have removed one watering time so they dont get watered for 8 hrs, on one occasion.

Maybe someone from Greenhouse or an experienced hydro grower could help?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update.. I've been flowering for 4 weeks now. I changed my watering cycle by reducing it to only water a few times a day. I really noticed a negative change after 1 week. So i decided to go back to Advanced Nutrients and i've increased waterings to every 4 hours for 10 mins... They seem to be loving it!

I really am not sure what i'm doing wrong with the Powder feeding. I am using it as directed but my plants didn't like whatever i was doing.

Anyway here are a few pics... Enjoy.

post-10344-0-71142900-1339013945.jpg

post-10344-0-08166600-1339013959.jpg

post-10344-0-54025000-1339013971.jpg

• Like 2

The girls are looking good man, that's a nice canopy you have there :)

And only 4 weeks, so many more to come ;)

What EC did you use with the powder feeding? did you start it from the beginning with them?

what PH do you use too?

Anyway they managed the change that's good ;) I hope they'll make very big budz ;)

• Like 1

I'm just using Bloom Part a & b with plain tap water and about 7ml of ph down, to get an ec of 1.3 and ph of 5.5m

I did the same with the PF but one plant was so bad i thought it might have been suffering from root rot. But once i changed back all was good again.

It could have been because i swapped nutrients in the middle of the grow?

Cheers Tokage..

I've been thinking of going LED next time (depending on cost)..

I wanted to ask if it is possible to take cuttings from her just prior to chopping her down? Would this work? It's just i don't have any space for a veg and flower grow together...

Its not ideal but you can , it will just take a couple of weeks to reveg , why dont you take cuttings from the lower branches , "the ones you normally trim off to allow air movement and help fatten up your main cola's ?"

Hi mopman,

I'm sitting here with no draw and i'm so tempted to smoke one of those buds!!

Yeah i was planning on taking a few cuttings from the lower leaves.. I only need 8 cuttings and i don't mind if only 4 of them survive. I'm sure it will be okay to take a few at the end but do you think it will be quicker than starting from seedling again )i don't think so)? I think it's important to stay with a strain that i know for the time being, even if sativas are a bit more delicate to grow. I much prefer the smoke..

Can you give me any recommendations to encourage bigger colas, without spending money on nutrients? Isn't trimming supposed to be a bit harmful ie. slow growth? I'm flushing every other week for 4 days...

lol , i know what you mean having no smoke , always sucks big time. I would say cutting would be quicker than seeds but not 100 % which will be faster a seed from the day you germ it or a cutting that will take roughly two weeks to revert back to veg. Maybe someone will have a better idea that has actually done it.

I reverted a flowering cutting ages ago but cant remember the timeline as to how long it took.

Without any extra nutes , you should add about a teaspoon of honey/molasses per liter of water you feed them in the flowering stage and maybe try make a compost tea that wont cost you too much.

And about trimming , well i would go for bondage every time , slows down the growth but i think the extra reward at the end is the boss.

• 2 weeks later...

@Toakge - Thanks for that link; i'm following the grow. I hope to do something similar.

@mopman - I caved into chopping a bud. Really don't recommend it to anyone because it tastes shit (quick dried). Although i have lots of sugar on the buds there's not much THC at the moment.

I have also been collecting ideas, opinions and basically researching different grows and reflecting on my own harvest. It's amazing what you learn.

I cannot recommend this website enough. The owner is a botanical scientist and works at the University of Surrey; which means he has a PHd in growing weed hydroponically!

I would like to share a couple of hydro grow videos which he has uploaded on his website. They explain the fundamentals in a very clear way, which i have not seen before.

http://www.1-hydropo...gation-full.wmv (Propagation Video)

http://www.1-hydropo...ystems-full.wmv (Grow cycle)

• Like 2

I've upped the EC to around 1.8-1.9 for the last week or two. Flowers have increased in length and girth. They smell extremely pungent.

But as you guys know this sativa needs about 10-12 weeks of flowering and this is only my 6th week. I've stuck to the Advanced Nutrients A&B only. However my next grow i'm going to change to another product with some bloom boost. Not that AN is bad but i think they're over priced (but the proof is in the pudding, so i'll wait and see what happens during my next grow).

post-10344-0-99891800-1340226006.jpg

post-10344-0-45191300-1340226009.jpg

nice canopy man :)

that's gonna be sweet looking when there will be lolipops everywhere :D

And i agree i find AN too expensive, even tho! like you say the proof is in the pudding and they do show great results, but still expensive ^^

Have a good grow man ;)

hey pana, i grow in ebb and gro aswell,we've done a side by side with AN vs dyna gro....the dyna gro whipped AN ass across the board,

and at 1/2 the price + the dyna gro is perfectly balanced with all 16 vitals and buffers ph out to 5.8 and keeps it steady as a rock

some of yor pics looked like begining cal-mag def,leaf roll can be signs of overwater try 3 x 12hr @15min none at lights off if you do no need i never go over 1000ppm i like to keep em a little hungery,some food for thought,mabey clear out a little undergrowth get some airflow in there help plump up buds,other than that the look good

keep it up

• Like 1

Well the last week i have been pushing them. I've increased their EC to 1.8, Ph was kept between 5.5-5.7. My feeding times were every 2hrs for 5mins. I'm growing in clay pebbles with a drip feed so it seems the pebbles do not get completely soaked and dry very quickly. However i only did this for 5 days and i am now flushing the system and keeping them hungry with only 4 feedings during lights on. Next feed i'll add the Powder feeding and AN together :-) with the same feeding structure. ie every 4 hrs for 15 mins.

There are only a few leaves that are discoloured. They all seem very healthy and are flowering beautifully!! I'll take a photo without the lamp on soon... The trichomes look massive and i can see the shape of them quite clearly with the naked eye (not sure if that is normal)...

They have got high enough for me to be able to push the fan leaves under the first scrog so that i can penetrate more light..

The only problem i am having is humidity when the lights are switched off. So, i have put my oscillating fan on a timer that switches on during the night period so that it reduces the humidity. It's now at 60% but with the air blowing on the buds, i hope they will be okay!! The buds are getting really nice and fat... About 5 weeks to go... :-)

I've also gone off the idea of LED's.. They are no where near as good as HID lights (from what i can see).. I don't believe all the marketing BS..

However i am interested in buying a few more lights but i'm concerned about electricity bill (if you know what i mean)...

• Like 1

hey pana, i grow in ebb and gro aswell,we've done a side by side with AN vs dyna gro....the dyna gro whipped AN ass across the board,

and at 1/2 the price + the dyna gro is perfectly balanced with all 16 vitals and buffers ph out to 5.8 and keeps it steady as a rock

some of yor pics looked like begining cal-mag def,leaf roll can be signs of overwater try 3 x 12hr @15min none at lights off if you do no need i never go over 1000ppm i like to keep em a little hungery,some food for thought,mabey clear out a little undergrowth get some airflow in there help plump up buds,other than that the look good

keep it up

I think you may be right about the cal/mag deficiency... I may buy some but they haven't got long left...