flexi-wing vs adjusta-wing shade, anyones thoughts.

Nutes

hey everyone, well i need to buy myself a new shade for one of my lights. im going for either the flexi-wing or the adjusta-wing as my other shade in my garden is the same shape as them.

i was just wondering if anyone has used either of these and their thoughts on em really cus il be ordering it this coming week.

any help much appreciated

peace

Flexiwing

post-9849-0-32043200-1330547579.jpg

adjusta-wing

post-9849-0-50812800-1330547578.jpg

I don't know flexiwing neither, just by looking at the pics, i would say adjust wing looks wider, maybe flexiwing as diferent size too?

but they seem to say on the net, flexi wing is just a copy of adjust a wing, if you want original take adjust a wing, if you feel a discovering soul in you try the flexiwing ^^

I have a home-made "adjust a wing" if it can be called so lol ^^ and i'm pretty glad of it 95x95 in 1m² room couldn't fit better :D

I have 2 medium adjust a wings and they are good but expensive. I have taken the super spreader off and put the bulb on the lowest spot and the strings are pulled tightest to use the adjust a wing for deep beam. The price/quality ratio is reasonable but not very good.

Peace

@ Bozoph - nice advice man :D

@ Dust - really cool, i love it when people go all DIY and make things for thier grows. :D

@Rom - nice find, I like all the diagrams and information provided :D

Good work Guys

Peace hunters

Lams

right... to be honest, i am also about to buy a new reflector. All these infos were very helpfull, but... You are saying that AAW is very good, but you mention that it is pricey. So what reflector can beat it???? In any aspect? Maybe AAW is 100 euro, but the fake is also sold for at least 70... And i think they are pretty durable, so once u buy it, it will work for years with the same efficiency. Does it worth that extra 30??? I am pretty sure about that! If anyone can come up with a better choice, please do it, and please tell us the reasons! Take care guys, and happy growing!

• Like 1

Well if i remember rightly when those AAW came out, they claimed the angle of the wing had been calculated exactly to cover certain space etc... so i would say major price difference is due to the R&D done on the AAW ( tho they could have lowell the price by now it's no longer new lol)

And probably that quality of the materials must change a little, but as long as no one here will get a flexiwing we'll probably never know lol ^^

But i did read quite a few reviews of AAW where they were saying to be careful with hot spots under the reflector, so careful with that flexi perhaps it has even more hot spots..or maybe less :ph34r:

I like the diamonds reflectors ^^ I don't know if they can chalenge those 2 in mean of light spread, but they look so cute :D

Diamonds may be cute... But how is that i can only see adjust a wing in bigger ops??? Yeah, sometimes aircooled reflector boxes applied... But we only talk about shades... And i think diamonds are not as good as aaw. And aaw's suppose to have no hotspots. About the priceyness i think every comp charges as much as they can get for their product. It seems they sell well, and they have no point to lower the prices as long as a new competitor comes up with a better price/quality ratio. And remember that price/quality ratio can be described as a line, and can have different points with same ratio. So maybe we could make a list of the gadgets sorted by price. You can compare a KIA to a BMW, but there's no point in that!!! Different world!!Say we are looking for the best shades in the 0-50, 50-100, and over 100 euro ranges! Happy growing! Lev

• Like 1

@Levente nice thought as not everybody can afford the same products, so reviews with in a certain price bracket would be helpful.

@Pitt Bully, very creative. I always like to see peoples DIY projects as it shows what we can do when needs must,

Have you tested it out yet. If you have can we see some pics of it in action?

Peace

Lams

Nice DIY!!! Homemade solutions can be ideal for specific purposes! Good work. I have a 1mX1mX2m growbox. 400 Hps covers 0.75 with regular shades, but it can cover 1X1.25 with AAW... What area do you cover with yours??? How much did u spend on it??

• Like 1

Yes, I have built many well provided with basic economic reflector.

I haven't photos in place, but in photos can't be seen well.

400W is the distance of 1m x 1.4m approx

to 1.2 x 1.75m approximately in 600w.

The bulb is practically touching the V and therefore I like the AAW false.

It sheds light on the forward wall and the bulb is close to the V, so that gives much to the sides.