mushrooms in coco

bozoph

My though on the benneficials is the mushroom mycelium will produce chemicals to fight the benneficials as it spreads ie killing of the competition.

A real catch 22 if you treat with fungicide it will kill of the benificial fungi.

Fungal spores are almost impossible to kill wether it be chemical or heat etc.so if you kill the mushroom and it network of mycelium there may still remain spores.

I wonder if in the future a mix of perlite and coco may not provide the mushroom with less of an ideal living situation.

If you treat the fungal infection with fungicide , you would need to flush the coco thoroughly, so that it all clears through and then you could re-establish you benneficial with a mycorrhysal treatment.

These are just ideas that come to mind, i'll see if i can find out later.

Peace Lams

• Like 2

ive tryed identifying them. none of my local mushrooms look at all simalar. im thinking they maybee they r from me cooking mushrooms. is that possable? they smell just like a portobello. and i did cook some a month ago. on the other hand they look alot like a psilosybin. so i transplaned them to see their mature form

post-8622-0-00030300-1330969860_thumb.jp

cool you kept them, yeah it's hard to see for the moment as they are all young. I don't know if cooking could have done that, maybe you touched the shrooms to put them in the pan you took some spores on your hand and somehow they arrived in your pots lol, sounds like a fantastic story a little but could be possible ^^

And nice site lams, but it's hard to identify shrooms lol, i often get headache finding eatable on the net when it's shroom time outdoor lol

yes identification is not an easy thing.

Some fungi are a doddle and other you need to really know your s**t.

Making a mistake is not so bad if you just want to know what a mushroom is purely for interests sake.

When it comes to eating them thats a different matter.

A majority of mushroom are inedible, which is to say they taste nasty,or are woody, or stink, or are slimey and unpleasant etc.

As we know some are a gourmet delight and then there are the truely poisonous ones.

Not for getting the psychedelic ones.

Best thing to do if you want to pick edible mushrooms is to attend a course (fungal foray) and get to know an expert, who can verify the species.

In time you will gain the knowledge and confidence to go picking on your own.

If you want psychedelic ones there are many resources on the interweb and lots of places to get spores/kits.

Having said that if you truely know which psychedelic mushrooms to pick in your country, going out and picking them can be a very pleasant day out. Something I have done many times. :D

There are also some fantastic edible mushroom kits, which can be a lot of fun and very tastey.

Peace Lams

• Like 1

lol yet i didn't find any psychedelic ^^

But we have lot of very good shrooms to it down here :) I also look if they are eaten by rabbits, it's a frist step to see if it can be eaten, if not even one is bitten usually i don't take them. But still i go check after in a pharmacy