Flurescent Lighting

Innsomniac

Looks good man, i ahve 200w CFL, not same shape, but they do a pretty good job ^^ i have her in complement of the HPS, tho not alone, but i'm sure for a little Veg she'll be good ;)

Good luck

I really not sure why but I hate that Secret Jardin T5 2&55 watt thing. It never seems to sit properly at the correct height, since no 2 plants are always EXACTLY the same height or if at different stages can take the same amount of light/heat and worst of all it fell on two plants - okay my mistake and burned hslf of the leaves..That extra bright white seems to be worth nothing and the grow light is so so. I am not impressed - even after 18 hours the plants look the same as before - so i always stop using that whenever possible and mixing it with the HPS in the big grow room is contra productive since it blocks off more light, than it delivers ...

When I actually manage to grow another plant from seed , killed too many cause of Jiffys bad soil and extreme unseasinly cold weather - or burnt from Cooltubes - I will VEG them in the nursery with the T.NEON for at least 1 week straight, if they prove to be more useful than just putting them in front of a window with daylight I might change my mind..lol

• 3 weeks later...

Not too sure if anyone is looking at this thread anymore, but I think a decent harvest can come from CFL or T-5 lighting. That is what I started with and got decent results. No airy buds at all. Here are a few images with a mashup of some of my Flouro ONLY grows....

***EDIT*** forgot to mention, that I got better results stripping down all of the lower material on the plants. It took too much energy and you dont get the penetration like HID lighting, but honestly at 450w per 6 plants and pulling 60-80g per plant I was happy with it.

In another room I grew the same strain under 1000w HPS for flower and got a little over 100g per plant. Here was the math that makes me thing that T-5 is worth the money....

(1000w HPS + 2 * 6in inline fans @ 100w ea) = 1200w for 100g/plant (.083g per watt)

(450w T-5 + 1 * 6in inline fan @100w) = 550w for 70g/plant (.12g per watt)

Every other environmental variable was the same.

gallery_14541_309_141543.jpg

gallery_14541_309_90873.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice setup mn, and lovely results!! Like you say in your case it's worth the investment, but you have a very nice setup too with a soiless medium. Hydro will definitly help the plants compare to soil to catch the weight.

Thanks for sharing that man, it's great to see those results on T5 ;)

The last summer, there was about 35 degrees and 80790% of humydity and was impossible to grow the plants for 18 hours under MH lamp in the grow room.

I have buy an reflector kit, with 2 neon light blue, t5 for 110w 11000 lumens, and from 2 to 20 cm the light can touch the plants, and the plants, can growth very hard and with more branches, for starting after with the vegetative time with the MH or HPS.

I have give only a little vent of PC and never more.

There is also the kit with 4 neon for 220w with 4 neon 55w only and have 22000 lumens.

The size are 2: 1 is 60 x 24, and 60 x 50.

With the first i have growth 10 plants in 10 glass of plastic for the first week, and after, in 10 pots of 10 x 10 cm in 2 line of 5 plants.

After 2 weeks i take the plants and start with the MH light for the other week and start with the flowering stage.

If you go to see in the tester seeds( White Lemon from Jango ), respect for hem, you can see his setup with this Neon.

The cooltube is good, but i think that for the cost, is more expensive one lamp of 125 watt for vegging, in Italy about 40 euro, and the reflector, this year, i have change the neon t5, with 6,00 euro for only tube i am ok for an other 10000 hours.

So, this opinions are only for me, and i have learn this option reading and listening in this site, for the nice growers that are there.

After see the site were i buy, the CFL lamps, and the Neon T5

http://www.idroponica.it/illuminazione-c-24/cfl-compatte-fluorescenti-s-297

110 w. 55w x 2 110000 lumens, 70 euro

neonkit-megalux-11-000-lumens-110w~1241_1.jpg

220 w. 55 w x 4 22000 lumens, 99 euro.

neonkit-megalux-22-000-lumens-220w~1242_1.jpg

If one people whant to do a sea of green with about 10 plants, he can use only the Neon Kit for the first stage of growt, 20 days under the little neon( 110 watt), and after start with the Flow. stage under the HPS and you are ok.

The growers of the old school use the old Neon lamp T8, of two size: 18w or 36w...........

• Like 1