Cannabis Cup 2012 run-up

Potent

Hi fellow hunters,

I was reading the topics and Potent says may be the last HTCC because of the weed passes. :banghead:

Someone already know if this really true ?

I have no friends that want to go up to Amsterdam to the HTCC, and I gave up the idea do not want to go alone.

I found now that a lot of hunters combine good smoke sessions :smoke: may be next year i go with a GH VIP pass for sure.

Greeting to all

Hey Toni.ss, I may have slightly exaggerated there hehe but with the weed passes situation if they are still enforced i can't see the Cup being the same way if only local residents can smoke, would you travel X-amount of miles to go to a trade show about cannabis and be surrounded by it but not smoke any?

But regarding going to the cup Alone, that was exactly what i did last year and within a day i had many new friends & at the end of the day we all have a common interest so its always easy to start a convo :D

Either way you'r in for a great time!

The chances are that the weed passes will get kicked out at the next election so fingers crossed next year will be safe!

We're in August already!!!! The Cup's Getting closer!!! :D

p.s i'm not a mod or anyone linked or associated with the High Times Cannabis Cup or the Greenhouse, for all serious info's see links in thread. All things i post are just my thought's or info taken from other sites with source's listed. I figured i should mention that in case people misunderstand etc

I'm sure there will be a Official Greenhouse/Strainhunter's Cannabis Cup thread closer to the time!

Peace

• Like 1

HI Potent,

thanks for you answer, do not be offended I apologize :sorry: that I have used your words :blush:, was the first post I saw and not the only one " that possible this was the last HTCC".

And yes what you say makes sense to HTCC is at risk if the weed passes are approved.

I really want to go to the HTCC with the strain hunters, this year is may not possible.

Sorry my english is weak and is hard to express myself well .

all good for you

Can i just ask??? How far down the pan will the Cannabis cup go if weed tourism is eventually banned? Not like ive ever been and im sure as hell ill never be silly enough to waste all my hard earned pennies on a massive money making publicity stunt for an American magazine. but in the interest of all the people that love it and the coffee shops wont it be killed off completly if we are no longer aloud to participate? i go after when people stop getting ripped off and it all been judged, then im sorry guilty as charged im in the line to be served in Barneys and GH once they've won or whatever, but id hate to see the end of it... Even though Red eye magazine back in 2001 printed High times magazines profit of $366,616.00 just from judges passes, coffee shop entry fees and exhibition fees and tours and that was after expenses of hiring venues and bands! Id hate to think what their profit is 11 years later!! sorry for mentioning Red Eye tho, i know Zorro and Arjan have history.... Mainly because someone was caught cheating?!?!

i know ur just saying, but then again so was i...thats the problem no one seems to able to express their opinion with being shot down, where else am i supposed to write it? this forum is also for opinion, i dont have a problem with the cup and understand why people love it and have nothing against those that do... So dont have anything against people that dont.... Im not on here to express the need to bum Arjan and pretend hes a king.... im on here to learn from people and express my opinion. Is that a crime? i also understand that its not just me feeling the same. Forums are to talk and express and to learn.... Just sayin.....

Pretty certain i said i hadnt... And dont intend to...but GH hierachy dictates im probably not good enough for opinion.you said your opinion and so have i... If i started a new thread ignorant people wouldnt read it and anyway the thread is called Cannabis cup 2012 run up not "you can only write on here if your going and want to meet up..." it might need renaming or maybe outline what your not allowed to write... Like i said i dont have anything against it but i just dont like people getting ripped off by others because its supposed to be 'exclusive'. its still the same plant... Good idea and people have fun but hey its a massive scam, so thank you for not shooting me down but dont start it now either just because i said a nasty thing about the "cup". im sorry i have an opinion but you go and have fun :) lets end ut there and ill keep my mouth shut. :

Hmm sexy sativa "thats the problem no one seems to able to express their opinion with being shot down" I got to say i don't agree witht that, if there is a thing that we are proud of on this forum is that you can say anything you want as long as it's polite and not agressive ( just like your post, it was good ) but SSH is right here is kind of a topic for happy stoners wishing to share their participation to the cup ;)

We do have a few threads talking about the subject, and if you think they don't suit your opinion you are of course free to create a new one in General chat ;)

And to my eyes SSH told you what he had to say very politly i don't understand the little "angry" feeling you feel, but anyway everything is ok just make sure to create your thread if you want a real talk about it ;)

Have a good day guys

• Like 1

No one bums arjan i see a lot of hate to arjan from diffrent ppl but that what happens when your succesfull :cool: im proud to spend my money up there with no regrets because im succesful to :bye: so xxxxxxxx to all the haters and let get high and have a good time while were still here breathing and enjoy life succesful :spiteful:

• Like 2

Listen guys i have to apologise for the way i worded everything yesterday, super silver haze sorry dude. I didnt want it to sound angry, i know the cup is fun and thats your thing, im just having a bad week and shouldnt of taken it out on here, however im not changing my opnion on a single thing ive said, even about a certain someone. But i shouldnt of worded it that way or taken it out on you guys, im really sorry, but unfortunatly im not in a position to chill out and smoke so one of you will have to do it for me Dust im sorry and i know that you are proud of everyone been able to express their views but sometimes its not that good. I know im not the only one. I apologise guys and ill keep quiet from now on. I just dont understand how if there is an element of GH that you dont agree with you cant say anything. Please dont think im dissing everything because i love this forum. And this "anger" is what happens when you pump people full of chemicals and deprive them of our beautiful plant :( so im very sorry everyone my fault :'(

• Like 3

Oh and please dont think im hating on Arjan, cuz if i was i dont beat about the bush, id come right out and say it. But knowing the people i do hes a very difficult character to defend to the old hardcore smokers that dont forget. I just dont bother anymore because its me that loses the arguements to the older stoners that have been there and seen it. Im sure hes changed and very nice chap, but im finding it difficult to stick up for him. So please dont think theres any hate there, cuz trust me ive made myself look very stupid indeed jumping to his defence :D

no worries sexysativa i still don't get the thing about talking on GH cause i don't really see in your posts where you could have been saying bad thing about it ^^ but we'll talk about that in private here is not really the place we've done enough spamming lol ;)

I am also meeting u there. And if u added an other topic in this thread, i will add that i am also happy to spend my money at GH, becouse they treat the customers and supporters like that! GH4LIFE... See you there guys, possibly with a SH tattoo on my back! :P

• Like 1

Say what you want but be prepared to take the echo...sorry to hear you are having a bad time and esp. that you are not allowed or able to smoke weed. Still pissing on other peoples back is uncool. High Times may not be free from the necessity of making money - who is ?

Same goes for Barneys + GHS. The point that matters is what are they doing with it !

Organizing a HTTC for 25 years is unheard of, opening 3 great coffeeshops the world's leading seed company AND esp. the strainhunting speaks 4 itself. I don't know Arjan or Franco enough to judge their characters but we all are human and far from perfect. If you listen what Arjan has to say why he chooses Marihuana/Hashish as the main subject in his professional life you might get a clue, that he is on a mission for real; not just in it for the highest profit. With a business head like his he could have made a fortune in other more legal ventures.

Finally - there is a reason why Barneys + GHS take home most cups - they know what they are doing and have the resources to create better strains from their stock and all the seeds they find on the journeys. We can hate successful companies but Greenhouse offers excellent products for reasonable prices. You grew their strains, so you should know that.

Hope you feel better soon and to attend a HTT all you need is a ticket for 20 Euro (or was it 25 ?). If you want to feel important as a judge it costs more..

I am sure the Cups will continue in one form or another, maybe in another town ?

We'll see.

Hope we meet there one day ...

Cant wait. I'll be there with the girlfriend on november 18 early morning. Ssh cant wait to burn with you and everyone else. Let's all get high and spread yhe positive vibe of the cannabis community and support the people that push for the legalization of are amazing cannabis plant.

Peace and pot to everyone!

hello i just make a reservation in amsterdam during the cannabis cup but im wondering if it is necessary to have a judge pass to enter the coffeshops and get some grams like in other normal dates, im a little bit scared bucause some people told me i wont be able to enter a lot of coffeshops if i dont get a judge pass is it true? bucouse i dont want to spend so much money this year if i can go with out the pass would be perfect so i can spend all in grams xD