Duo Reflektor for seedlings

Bam-Bhole

Came across my amazon site today and found this reflektor made for reptiles. Holds 2 ESL lights- Adding the right lights should be a good alternative to those Secret Jardin T.NEONS .. There is even a model for 3 lights - max 26 Watts each

Good idea ?

l

post-10461-0-91153900-1332855081.jpeg

Well don't know if it's a good idea, but for sure it looks good, and i think i would give it a try, depending on the real size of it. But Sure for seedling i guess it would be pretty fine, or even to add some uv bulbs in a grow room, that can be very cool,

Thanks for sharing ;)

• 1 month later...

If someone could explain to me why these ESL and CFL lights are 300 to 400 percent more expensive over here in europe than in the states then please do..

I've seen big 300 watt ESL grow lights for as little as 39 Us dollars, the biggest I found here are 250 Watts and cost around 80 Euro, same with these small light bulbs. a four pack for 9,95 in the Us 27 Euro over here - all prizes courtesy of amazon.

I'd really liked to add a 250 or 300 watt DUAL lamb to my grow room, but at these costs you can better get HPS and another ballast...

Yeah i agree the CFL's are awesome for the initial stage bringing them up and that shade does look very cool and could be very practical would be good to here a review if you do buy it. but now i have used a Metal Halide for veg i don't think i will go back to just using CFL's for veg again. just depends if you want to keep energy consumption down or not. On my next grow will hopefully run a side by side comparison would be cool to the difference if there is any between using 400w of MH and 400w of CFL.

Peace

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i use 600 watt mh and have no problems except the seeds you usually get that are free when you buy some decent seeds they all crapped out it seems they were all old and bad to began with so it did not surprized once they came up they were ok but after about a week they seemed to change drmamatickly and just curred up and died no matter what i did it seemed they were bad from the get go quickmark

i have put two diferant cfls in my grow room one is just an regular light with a 75 watt bublbin it i put them by my young chemdogs in addiation with a 600 watt ml big as shild a little better then the avarage ones and i have a strang long tube bended in the middle kind of cfl i put them under the plants the best i can and my biggest plant is 11 inches i got to out what to do because it is flower time ithink its soposed to be 12 inches when you start your flowering process this is all new for me but it is really growing well no sighs of diesees, or any other problems except i put the big plant to closer to get max light to cose i see now so i backed them back ward for awhileany help out there i still could use them quickmark later broes