Jack Herer, outdoors

hexx_NL

Only one plant this year. Which one I will choose, damned if I know. One month to go, anything could happen. She will be getting one of them tubes in the soil that bring an abundance of fresh air to the roots. That I can promise.

boomverankering-Natu%20Drain---1.jpg

• Like 1

outdoorfun-1024x577.jpg

As the day of the great Exodus to various pots in gardens all over the Netherlands is drawing near, it doesn’t hurt to use every little bit of real sunshine to get the little ones accustomed to life outdoors. I’m sort of surprised that the firstborn (the seed that sprouted first), the one on the left, is noticeably smaller than her three sisters. Good old Mother Nature works in mysterious ways!

Below, a clockwise view on the four sisters from above.

littleladies02.jpg

• Like 1

Good man, growing healthy it seems :)

We don't have much real sun neither this days, it comes and goes and comes and goes ^^

I hope your babies will have a good season ;)

Have a good grow

Hey Hexx!

It seems you have two phenos there, the number1 being the only one for that pheno, the other three seems the same phenotype, I hope it will be good!!!

Will you keep just one for you? I would keep the number1 (dispite being smaller for now) and one more, to have two diferent phenos...

Take care my friend!

As I wrote earlier, it's hard to tell at this stage which one I'm gonna choose. Pot #4 is by far the tallest plant (almost twice the size of the others) but the new leaves in the 'armpits' are still real small. So that might mean it's gonna grow skanky and thin. Pot #1 and #2 have much better developed new leaves in the armpits, so although they're smaller they might grow into nice bushes.

Two votes already in for pot #1 - could you guys tell me why you'd choose that one? It's always nice to learn from fellow growers. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I chose the pot#1 because its a diferent phenotype then the other 3 plants (you can see that by the orientation of the veins of the leaves, just compare it to the other 3 plants and its easy to see); and I would choose the better specimen from the remaining 3, probably the one that is branching faster...

Take care Hexx!!!

If i couldnt have 1,2,3 and 4 then it would have to be... 1 and 4. But then 3 is the magic number ?

Your Himalaya gold grow from last year has inspired me, ive got some seeds in the post as i lost a load of seedlings last week to the cold - hope you can give me some pointers along the way please !!

I voted for *1 because of the green color and esp. the compact small-ish leaves. Plus you said it was the fastest.It will probably grow shorter than the others. 4 and 3 have an interesting leave type and 2 is perfectly symmetric. There is no reason not to grow all 4, since they all look healthy - still *1 looks to me the most interesting at least for indoor growing. If you want maximum yield best keep number 4 or number 2.

3+4 should turn out about the same pheno types.

I don't grow all four because my balcony will be too small for all of them in a couple of months. So I'm passing three of them on to friends and will be growing one in a huge pot, hoping that she loves all that space for roots so much that she'll grow nice and huge. But hearing what y'all say, choosing one and cloning the other is a cool idea too.

Ghehe. Growing your own can be so much fun.

:cool:

Update, update, update. A neighbourhood friend (she's been growing the herb for ages, mainly indoors but now she's moved to a new house where she wants to try an outdoor crop) asked me if I knew a home for two of her young ones. Which means that I can probably keep pot #1 (the firstborn) and pot #4 (the tall one), and still make some friends happy.

And so Jah provides again. Ha!

• Like 3

wpid-IMAG0490.jpg

Looks like this little Lady (pot #4) will be making it to the balcony this year for sure. Probably right next to the firstborn. She’s without a doubt the fastest grower and that makes me curious to see how she’ll develop in the huge pot I’ve got reserved for her.

hey,

I want to plant some ganja guerilla style in holland.

I'm a huge jackherrer fan so i'm going for the greenhouse Jack Herrer

how should I plant?

do i just plant the seeds outdoors with the nutritions and some good soil?

or should I plant the seeds indoors and then plant the small plant outdoors?

when do I plant

and I wonder if some of you know how much bud comes of a single outdoor plant

I hope you guys can give me some advice or tips on how to do it in holland

cheers!

Hi man, i don't know about holland, will you grow on balcony or in the woods?

but the best is if you can grow a little indoor or at the window or balcony to make them strong enough to endure a real outdoor in forest alone, something like 2 3 weeks i think is fair to put them outdoor after.

If you go in forest yes the best is to mix the earth with some growing soil to make sure your plants will feel good ;)

You should have a look on the forum there are plnty outdoor posts ;) Andcreate a thread with your "configuration" if you're not satisfied with what you've read ;)

Have a good grow

• Like 2

thanks for the advice!

I want to plant them in a nettle bush because it smells a bit like ganja and no body would risk to go trough because it's painfull.

But I wonder if it's a smart place between all those weeds.

Do you know if this effects the plant?

I'd like to learn about these plants, it's strangely interesting

Thanks again

• Like 1

Romeu9 wrote an excellent post about growing outdoors: you can find it at http://www.strainhun...-outdoors/. I always start germinating the seeds by the end of February. Then, from early March until halfway in May, I grow them inside on the windowsill. I start with organic pots, because that way I don't have to be afraid of damaging the fragile roots of seedlings as I move them to larger pots when they grow bigger. The last stage before going outside, they grow in larger plastic pots.

In regards to where to plant them, I live in the Netherlands as well and have found that the plants really need to be able to catch as much direct sunlight as possible. That can be quite challenging in our country, especially when we get a crappy summer like last year. So I've got a feeling that planting them in a forest can be tricky, since there's not many sunny spots in forests because of all those damn trees ;-)

Putting them amidst weeds shouldn't be a real problem, I think, when your plants are tall enough (they can get up to two meters in height). They grow fast enough to not get overgrown by the neighbours. Animals are another matter: many of them love to nibble fresh leaves.

Gotta say, though, that I have zero experience in guerilla growing. I find it too much hassle and risk, and the resuIts are even more uncertain than growing the herb in pots.

As far as the yield is concerned: over the past couple of years, I've always managed to harvest at least 300 grams of dried and cleaned ganja from my humble little balcony plantation.

Update, update, update. A neighbourhood friend (she's been growing the herb for ages, mainly indoors but now she's moved to a new house where she wants to try an outdoor crop) asked me if I knew a home for two of her young ones. Which means that I can probably keep pot #1 (the firstborn) and pot #4 (the tall one), and still make some friends happy.

And so Jah provides again. Ha!

They arrived yesterday (regular Skunk, so I've been told):

wpid-IMAG0491.jpg