Ec

Joeslatts

Just wondering about your grow sessions videos, I have watched most of them and from what I have gathered you mainly flush with an ec of 1.3 and feed with an ec pf 1.8 (in flowering) with ph 5.5. I am currently using soil perlite & vermiculite, but my starting water e.c is 0.2 (or 292 u/s) and was wondering how is your starting ec so high? do u use a flush enzyme? and do I have to adjust mine accordingly? Also you use notes with 1-2-2 npk, mine is valued at 2-4-4, does that mean i feed half? would really appreciate some help as my flowers look nothing like what yours did on the videos, taking into account yours are mainly clones.

Hi Joeslatts, About the Ec, i don't think 1,2 is their starting EC, they probably put minimum dose of the powder mix in their water for the flushing and maybe some enzymes and other stff to i don't know ^^ But i'm pretty sure their tap water isn't at 1,2 ^^

You are growing soil, so your PH values should be a little higher than in hydro, 6,5 is a good average PH for most growth of the plants ( it changes from one plant to another )

About the NPK ratio i'm too noob at this to give explanation lol, but i'm sure some others will ;)

Have a good grow man

Hey Joeslatts!

Dont confuse your soil grow with the Hydro grow you see in the grow sessions video (dispite in some videos theres a soil comparison they always mention the hydro grow values and rates)! Hydro always starts with un ec above 1! In the grow videos they are using un 1.3 in Hydro, so since youre a soil grower you should consider the ec 0.3 instead! ;) If youre starting water is ec 0.2 then you should add a litle dose of nutrient until ec 0.5! The 0.2 of the tap water should not be seen as nutritious since the molecules in the water are too big to be absorved or used by the plants.

About the NPK values they are ratio values not nutrition values, that means that your NPK values are correct too, since youre having 2-4-4 its the same to say that your ratio is also 1-2-2!

Take care

• Like 1

Thanks dust, sure appreciate your help, when you say "minimum dose of the powder mix" do you mean their new powder feed thing?

I was really interested in getting that stuff but if you look at the npk ratio its away different to what they use in their grow videos, which scares me a bit. Nevertheless I suppose I'll just take it easy on the juice until someone can tell me where I'm going wrong! Thanks again!

Yes i was talking of the powder, if i don't mistaken, i believe they use their powder in the grow session vids... nothing sure thos once again, but i thing i remember franco talk about it.

And as Rom said NPK they give are ratio not values ;)

I'll have to look up more on the powder thing then!

Seems like it would be hard to make a mistake when using!

Glad to see that there is such an active community here and that I got a reply so quickly.

Hopefully I can be as helpful to someone in my position in the future!

Thanks