growing in soil

Polar Bear

Guest Turtle

Hey dude,,

For me they both just as important as they are in hydro,,

EC/CF

I always like to know whats going on in my soup !

So for me an EC/CF meter is invaluble !

PH

Soil is a natural ph buffer !

And most nutes contain some kind of buffering agents !

So as a rule I do'nt worry about the ph going into soil to much !

My tap water is ph 7 and by the time I've mixed my nutes it's nearly down to ph 6,,

I do give special attention to my flush values though and thats where the ph pen comes into its own with soil,,,

I concentrate mostly on the PH.

You should be at 6.3 ph when puttting in straight tap water and make sure the ph is 6.3 after you have mixed the nutirnets and water together!

Wneh you flush the plants, check the water at the bottom of plants and it should meter the same. Mine all have been 6.3 in and flushed water is 6.3I

If you get your seeds from GreenHouse seed comp. they will tell you (just email them from there web site) what ph level is best for your strain. I did and I was right on!

Guest samuelo
most decent composts will be nuetral ph - 6.7 - 7, soil is easier medium to control than hydro but can have soil pest problems - if you have a clean grow room then most likely you wont have soil problems - try to keep your area as clean as possible - make sure it cannot be contaminated by any insects, also if you have a cat dont let it into your growroom as the fleas ir other critters on your cat will jump straight onto the plant where you cant see and will have babies.

If you propagate seedlings then be aware of a bacteria problem called 'damping off' as this is something that can kill your newly sprouted seedlings overnight - even in hours....

Dont be put off by these problems - they may or may not arise and i only mention to broaden your horizons - you can read all the material that you can but the knowledge you will gain from starting to grow will always outshine the words that you have read......

good luck with your first grow and always share your experience's with strainhunters

i know you want to get everything perfect polarbear and you can have everything perfectly laid out in your mind and when you come to grow - its different - just go for it man - we are all behind you heart.gif

Plant the seed teeth_smile.gif

thanks man i appreciate the encouragement...........i bought my lights,fan and filter today........now i can start putting the closet together.........i know there is gonna be a learning curve once i get started growing but if i do like Jorge Cervantes says.......plan before you plant........i will no doubt soften that learning curve a great deal.............everybody on this website has been awsome when it comes to answering all my questions.........i cant go wrong here that is for sure.................AGAIN.....THANKS PEOPLE......YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...