GHE Feed Program a Bit Strong?

Badger Jones

Hi Guys,

I'm using the GHE Flora feed program, and come week 4 it says to use 9 ml grow, 18ml micro, and 28ml bloom in 10 litres of water, when mixed it gives and EC of 2.3/2.4; and next week the dosage goes up a little more!

This seems to very high to me, do you think it's too strong?

I thought perhaps the dosage assumes the use of RO water but could not find any indicator of this on their website or the bottles, my tap water has a base EC of 0.7.

Below is the address to the feed chart, don't know why it doesn't wanna work as a lnk, if you copy and slap it into your bar it'll give you the pdf-

www.growell.co.uk/catalog/product/download/product/3666/attachment/103/

Best Wishes and May Your Buds Be Blessed :rabbi:

Hey Badger Jones!

Yes thats a bit too high!

You just have to proportionaly reduce the grow micro bloom dosage or add more plain water until you reach the ec you want.

1.8 I think its a good maximum, but it depends I guess.

Take care

Hi Badger,

The doses recommended by the manufacturer are wound a little exaggerated,

or perhaps we should see what kind of plants they refer.

Considering also the fact that more fertilizer consumption,

the more you buy, it is also a matter of commerce ....

But remember it is better to correct a deficiency that an excess!

Good luck, and good growing

Thanks guys,

The exact set up is:

2 AMS and 2 Super Critical in week four of flower cycle (aeroponically propagated clones, once long roots had grown I transplanted straight into pebbles, so no rockwool)

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent

Wilma four 18 litre pot dripper system with clay pebbles - (timings set for 15mins on 30 mins off all the time light is on)

Gavita Pro 1000 Light

6 inch RVK extracter, passive intake fresh air. Temps between 21-26, humidity 20 - 60.

Nutes and additives-

Flora Grow

Flora Micro

Flora Bloom

GHE Bio Bloom

Ferro Enzyme Plus

And a spinkle of Rise and Shine's Unity, Mirco Organisms and Bacillus

Following the greenhouse three flush method

Put a No Mercy CO2 tablet into the tank a few times a week

Well everything has already been said ^^

So i just have to say good luck, and i think 1,9 is safer than 2,3 anyway, you better put a little mor nute id you see they ask for more than have to flush because you gave too much ;)

Have a good grow man

Interesting that you use the GHE Feed program, i ordered the same set - If you are in week 4 of flowering you should flush your plants and let them dry out properly so that more oxygen comes to the roots. Compare what goes inside and what comes out before you feed them- next time after flushing. The EC and ph charts should be fine again after flushing, if not flush one more time, if okay bring the EC up to 1,9 and feed the full program for another 2 to three weeks - these plants should be ready 10 days later, so best leave fertilizers from the moment on when they are soon ready. BTW when did you use Ripen ?

Good luck ! I am sure you will have a fine crop ...

Ok cheers again guys.

Bam-Bhole - I have used Ripen in the final flush through week 8/9, but I only used it because I'd wanted to rush that particular set of plants on and they were different strains that I had to finish at the same time.

Usually I do not use the product, do you think it is necessary?

I am locking 3 clones of Lemon skunk on one of them Rippen I used in combination with Florakleen,

and in the remaining 2 Florakleen I used together with a solution of humic acids,

fulvic acids and other additives benefits.

soon I'll put pictures, and we will evaluate together.

Maybe not necessary but if it works as advertised it helps make the buds a bit more compact and better tasting I will try it It is inside the starter pack I bought - for 19,95 you get Grow + Bloom and Ripen - half a liter each plus ph tester and ph down for hard water as is ours.. ..seems I also need Micro since that is the synergie motor of the program..will see..

The other starter set has Micro Grow & Bloom and ph test geear..confusing without actually going to a shop you never know if you got all you need - if not order again..

Hey guys!

Ok, this is what I do, so I decided to share. If you guys check the labels on almost all "Flush before harvest" products you will find that Humic acids and probably some source of carbohydrates will be the ingredients. I never used a flush product because I use what its need to flush properly at the same time we feed some carbos to give energy to the plant since we are not feeding nutrients anymore and they are at this stage where they use alot of energy right?

So, bottom line is you can buy one ready to go product like many in the market, or taylor made it yourself, with distinct products, in this case as long as it contains the following:

Humic acids to help the plant use what is still left in the leaves and the roots aswell, Enzymes (I use Hygrozyme) : one from un enzymatic cleaning formula (not one that also have root ehnancer or caring) and Carbohydrates to give the plants energy (I use honey and also AN Carbo Load). Last two or even just the last watering before harvest I only use water + honey..

Just my two cents on this!

Take care

:crazypilot:

Half of a teaspoon per Liter thats how I use it..

As for the final flush or anyother time you will use it its there as a natural source of carbohydrates giving energy to the plant.

I only use it in the flowering period.

It have to be well diluted in the water too.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Romeu,

Two more questions on this if you do not mind..

I think half a teaspoon equates to about 3ml, so for a 50 litre tank would 150ml of honey be the correct measure?

And have you experimented with different honeys from different flowers (lavender, manuka etc)?

Best Wishes

Badgerino

I would say 3ml is too much for a teaspoon, I would say no more then 1ml !

The better taste and quality of the honey you can get, and yes I tryed 2 or 3 diferent ones, the one Im using atmo is from bees and the litlle ones gathered the polen from eucaliptus and rosemary, from the same region of the country I live in.

I choose to the plants the same I prefer to eat for myself!