Eastern Europe Landraces?

ivankov

Look around, i bet u find many wild grow hemp, but many also will be childs of industrial hemp, with low thc content. For an irony we got nice sativas here, they got huge potential for future, so far they very low on thc.

Really so there is nothing really high in thc that naturally grows there. Is that climate related?

Probably a product of breeding, Hemp was used for many reasons since generations and centuries, mainly to produce ropes, linen type of cloth for sailing ships, trousers etc. Plus the seeds for feeding animals, birds and to make hemp oil to cook or to grease machineries... Back in the 19th century growers knew about the potential for smoking. They used it as a replacement for tobacco called Knaster or Knatter, because of the popping sound of seeds inside the pipe exploding.. Some will have produced some stash esp. for smoking. Buds probably but not without seeds, so low grade, Plus it was a low THC ruderalis in the first place. Made to grow large and strong with resistance vs all kinds of plant diseases.

I doubt there was a cannabis smokers culture. People started smoking not that long ago from Columbus days with tobacco from Cuba etc.

• Like 2

yeah well tokage said it ^^

I would say too that in this part of the world you "might" find some nice ruderalis landraces, that would be some nice seeds to get hands on :)

If you ever manage to get your hands on some keep us updated ;)

Good luck in your search

• Like 1

Agricultural Sativas:

I've heard that the thc content increases year after year autoaticly until it reaches 8%. Thats what the german hemp farmers say about their plants... they use hybrids (feminized males? is this the right terminus?) with a thc content of 0,2% and they turn back to dioecious plants (with a thc content of about 8%)...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am pretty sure that the smoking of tobacco and even the smoking of cannabis had their beginnings well before Columbus' Exploration.  I have heard it said many times that the Chinese had it at least 5000 B.C.  And it appears that ancient Egypt had it as well.  Re: my current Icon:

post-32574-0-29824000-1436477854.jpg

• 6 years later...

I live In Bulgaria, we also have wild ruderalis, I did a test with some seeds found in the wild defiantly auto flowering which makes sense, we have incredibly hot summers with strong sun but at the end of september the temperature drops off rapidly, given this and the daylight hours available a normal plant would be a few weeks out from finishing before the cold weather hits because we dont drop to 13hrs light until the end of august. Aside from the wild we have a region close to the greek border with a lot of clandestine growing, most of this is not hybrid / skunk but some form of 10-15%ish landrace that evolved over time to local conditions, I have a phenotype under lights, cloning her for 3 years, short stocky, afghan esk bushyness with regular not oversized nugs, responds really well to supercropping techniques showing almost zero steress after bending and defoliation, she happily flowers with 13.5hrs light but is not auto, I have a mother for 3 years with no sign of buds I have MS and she is wonderful for sleep, spasms and apetite