Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk

Joeslatts

I bought 10 of these Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk seeds a few months ago, purely because I smoked it when on holiday in Amsterdam and it was delicious.

I germinated 5 of them with the intention of going 12/12 from seed, in just peat and perlite, no additives or anything, and was hoping they would stay small (with some lst) because I still have some chemdog in there in flower. All 5 sprouted brilliantly, within 48 hours they were all in pots and in about 4 days they had all peeked their heads up from the soil, they were at the bottom of the canopy but the chemdog is lollipopped so they were getting ample light from a 600w hps, and they all just streched to death, literary streched so much th little stalk couldn't withstand it and just flopped, all 5 of the look dead, I even tried supporting one and it just streched round the support and flopped dead like the rest.

The only imperfection in the growing conditions is that it gets to maybe 16 or 17 degrees celsius at night, as I can't heat such a small area without overheating it.

I've heard a lot about Barney Farm Tangerine Dream being a terrible plant to grow (The name spring to mind as it was also one of my favorites in Amsterdam) and so I'm going to point the blame at Barneys.

I was shocked and have genuinely never seen anything like it, I have always been lucky when it comes to germinating seeds (as I had previously only ever bought from GreenHouse or Sensi).

My opinion is that Barneys won't do well for themselves with a service like that.

Would post pics but i don't no how to turn off the location settings of my mac webcam.

well don't wanna throw the rock on barney lol, but the only things i've seen from their seeds weren't very good neither, friend wanted to grow 1 violator kush, he had to germinate 4 seeds before managing to have one willing to grow.. So maybe it is only badluck, or bad genetic lol.

I'll make my own opinion when i'll grow them myselves ;) if someone give them to me as freebies lol :rabbi:

well don't wanna throw the rock on barney lol, but the only things i've seen from their seeds weren't very good neither, friend wanted to grow 1 violator kush, he had to germinate 4 seeds before managing to have one willing to grow.. So maybe it is only badluck, or bad genetic lol.

I'll make my own opinion when i'll grow them myselves ;) if someone give them to me as freebies lol :rabbi:

I have read a lot of these type of comments though.......... so I'm not holding my hopes up!

Thanks for the response guys :spiteful:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I just found it and have to add my tuppence worth on Barney's farm as a whole. In the past I have purchased and grew out the following strains L.S.D, Violater Kush, Tangerine Dream, Blue Cheese and Power Flower. They have all proved their worth and reaped really good bud at the end of term, but aside the blue cheese and flower power the rest of them were Poly-phenotyped, genetically unstable hybrids that required too much effort for what they gave back. I feel that barney's strains are great however and just wish he would stabilize his strains prior to release. Till then I will stick to proper seedbanks that provide consistancy and quality. Here is a tip for all future readers of this topic instead of springing the cash for 5 seeds from barnies lucky dip gentic catalogue at roughly £40-50, spend the same money getting 10 great seeds from greenhouse's fantastic reliable back catologue it's a no brainer really.

For the record I am an independant grower with no affiliation to any seed bank and only state my own personal views based upon what works for me.PEACE

• Like 2

seems that Barney's got a problem. I wonder how they got so famous - only from coffeeshop fame + cup winning a seed company can't get that successfull. This makes it real confusing. Greenhouse is the best in terms of reliabiillty and price/value imo. I would like to grow say Sensi Seeds Jack Herer, but for 15o Euro for 10 seeds I just don't feel it is worth trying !

A brand I can recommend with nice strains and super good prices is female-seeds - fem-tech. The put a freebie seed in any order on top and charge only 1,75 E for shipping ! Cheapest orders ever and good stuff !

Brands that look very interesting are amo DNA, Cali Connection and SOMA seeds - but all of them are too damn expensive.

Next try will be origin organics - landraces and breeders choices - packed in bags of 10 regular seeds from 36 to 50 Euro.

Potential breeding quality, usually I prefer feminized but in this cas I am okay with regular seeds ...

But there will always be a Greenhouse strain in there as well, to be sure I got a winner !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Barney farms has a stabilization problems. Sounds like you should only try to find clones. Because I know from experience and 2 others that a Good clone from Tangerine Dream can be a very good stable plant to grow. I did better with tangerine dream on my first grow then other strains I did. TD is the favorite strain to grow for a family member of mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i had 3 Vanilla Kush and 2 Pinapple Chunk, all Vk geminated and the pheno type described as small applied to all of them, 1 was bonsai like, which i never saw before.

From the PC 1 geminated and the plant was 1 bad motherfucker. I had a leck of light for a few hours. the VK reacted pretty sissi like, while the PC stood stable in her growth.

The smell of the PC was epic, VK well. dont know, maybe i never smelled real Vanilla before xD

you mentioned that the seedlings were under other plants that were lollipopped? and its an hos? Well that is why they streched. Not enough light... plan and simple. I know Barney has had quality control problems for some reason but it might be the person or company selling them. Could be old stock or stored incorectly.

Just sounds like it was not getting enough light...

Supplimenting with led is good and cool white/daylightcfl's is excellent, seedling just love it!

Stretch is because they are demanding more light, HID's can be a bit harsh due to the heat they produce if put to close.

Get a couple of "umbrella bulb cfl" AKA "trumpet bulb cfl" they are a different shape and deliver light more effectively at an object(plant) i used 3 x 36W and had such short internodes. - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a24565b83

As for heat try looking at place that supply equipment for keeping lizard etc there you will find heat mats which are low wattage and will supply modest ammounts of heat - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c9ab3f85

You could also get a plug in thermostat socket around £20 which will regulate the heat from the heat mat - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebf0795cd

The link i have provided are just examples of what is available check Ebay and do your own search.

Hope this is of help

Peace

Lams

• 1 month later...

Barney's been hit or miss with me. I've grown LSD, Alcapulco Gold and currently just started 2 Critical Kush ,1 which was a deformed seedling with no leaves after the cotylidan leaves opened. Same happened with 1 of first 2 i germinated of the LSD. The Acapulco Gold, the first couple of seeds were tough to grow but ended up with some tastey buds. Now a year later I have 1 each going without a problem as their getting ready to go in the flowering tent. It seems so far the seeds germinated better a year later, wich kinda sucks , because you usually like to pop some seeds after they arrive. Peace, jethaed

• 1 month later...