Pure Kush Problems

bluefrog420

I purchased 20 pk, germination was great 100%. Right off the start 2 of 20 plants were mutant dwarfs, no growth whatsoever, stayed 6 inches tall, destroyed the dwarfs after 3 months veg, still no grow 6 inches tall. Alot of different phenoes in the 18 left. Iam seeing a really short dwarf looking slow growing pheno, and a very fast growing sativa looking branchy plant. Budded out the 18 under 4000 watts hps, using co2, advanced nutrients, all top notch gear, budded for 63 days full 9 weeks. This strain is CRAP!!!!! Iam soooo disapointed in the Pure Kush. 9 weeks will not finish this strain, more like 11 or 12, the buds have very little resin, the yeild and size of buds is o.k, but nothing spectacular. I cant see why all the hype over og kush/pure kush. Has anyone else had issues with pk? My White Rhino absolutely blows the pure kush out of the water. Arjan and Franco whats up with the Pure Kush?

I haven't grown that one sorry can't help you :( Tho your setup sound really nice, did you plan to share some pictures with us? Would love to see it ^^

The Pure kush isn't known to be an amazing yeilder so about the yeil it's not really a surprise, sad to hear that the growthof the phenos disapointed you.

But perhpas the smoke will be great ;)

Here you can check the grows we have on forum with pure kush, there might be a few more in grow journal for all medium too.

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/forum/51-pure-kush-official-seed-test/

Good luck man and hope your next grow will make you happy :)

Thanks for the feedback my friends. I was just expecting soooo much more from this strain. Check out this beautiful picture of what is supposably some Greenhouse Pure Kush, AAA+ top shelf, taken at some San Francisco dispensary. This is really what i was wanting to see from this strain. I will post a few pics. of my PK for you all to checkout. Please keep the comments and feedback coming i would like to hear from all who are familiar with the Pure Kush from the Greenhouse.NL and your grow results.

post-12145-0-31979400-1335156360.jpg

Hey bluefrog420!

In fact I had the same trouble with Pure Kush! Just like with Lemon Skunk!!

It's just the kind of strains that you need to grow a few, choose the best and make it a mother plant to take clones from it, thats the best way to grow them!

Take care

Damn indeed if you had seen that dispensary weed before, i can understand why you feel disapointed lolol, those buds are looking wonderful man,

And yes please share your plants so we can see how it was ;)

i can say that i got a free seed of gh pure kush from attitude i grew it in soil and it was a brilliant smoke lots of resin and fat buds and it wasnt even directly under the light as i never give free seeds the lime light i was very happy with it.

its messed up that out of 20 seeds you not got one thats turned out good but when you do get a good one like mine was its worth growing trust me

i think you put me off wanting to grow it again lol

• Like 1

First of all there are 4 different Kush strains available at GHS. i ordered the KAIA KUSH - a mix of a Super silver Haze male with an OG Kush female - so I expect it to be the Bomb. it is one of the more expensive strains as well. There are many possible reasons why the Pure Kush was not a success in your case.

Pure Kush is NOt OG Kush ! The Kush in Cali, that fetches top dollar prices of 5 to 7 thousand bucks per pound is NOT the strain GHS is selling. That's for sure.

That doesn't mean the Pore Kush from GHS is whack. Maybe the X-raying has mashed up the genetics. Remember Greenhouse does NOT deal with the US post and laws. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they use Y-rays, that kill seeds. You cannot import any seeds or foods in the US, so they might go that extra step.

GHs sells tried and trusted strains.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 23/04/2012 at 10:27 AM, Dust said:

I haven't grown that one sorry can't help you :( Tho your setup sound really nice, did you plan to share some pictures with us? Would love to see it ^^

The Pure kush isn't known to be an amazing yeilder so about the yeil it's not really a surprise, sad to hear that the growthof the phenos disapointed you.

But perhpas the smoke will be great ;)

Here you can check the grows we have on forum with pure kush, there might be a few more in grow journal for all medium too.

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/forum/51-pure-kush-official-seed-test/

Good luck man and hope your next grow will make you happy :)

Hello I know it's old post but you might able help, I was planning on growing this, I'm pretty sure I read that you could get 900 gr/per square meter with 1000w of light, I have a 1.2 x 1.2metre tent, I wanted to grow one plant in a 70L pot and ace of it, I was hoping to fill all available space left to right and was hoping get 1000dry using two 600w lights, but after reading the posts from this thread I'm thinking I won't anything close t, what's your opinion on my yield, thanks, I'll be using house and garden with nitro supplement in veg and ok boosters like gen hydro liquid kool bloom for first half of flower and rock res the last half of flower, floralischus plus, and a few other things here and there. Thanks if you think a different strain would be died to what i want do please let Know, I also have greenhouse seeds superbud and the doctor, I would like to be getting somewhere around 2 pound dry when finished. Thank you

First of all forget all these infos about weight. You can get that with a) the right lights, optimum space and pot size, perrfect climate, top notch distances and basically in a big greenhouse best with hydroponics. In a tent that means per squaremeter in a Sea Of Green from clones all uniform size. Grown by professiionals. Even when you watch the Grow Videos at the Greenhouse-seed.com web site you will see that 1 plant never gives a pound or more. It varies a lot from strain to strain and grow to grow. Minimum may be around 65 grams maximum around 365 grams or so in top notch buds after curing. Of course they can reap a lot more with a bunch of flowers. They use 60 litre pots and the size of some plants would be too large for a tent. Especiall KUSH is a very very low yielder, unless grown outdoors there is no way to reap 900 grams from just one seed in a tent. With a scrog you might get 400 grams or so, maybe more maybe less. Most growers have their ways to get the most out of the limited space. I think 1000 Watt is overkill for such a small tent. 600 watts should do but with those low sized KUSHEs you might have success with 1000 Watts. Hybrids or Sativas would simply get burnt inside a tent at full size.