hi medman here.be gentle.newbie..

medman

hi guys awesome looking site.thanks for letting me join.ive already posted a blog about my exploits so im looking for advice and tips and especially suggestions regarding improving my stealth cab.please feel free to add any positive vibes and i look forward to your tips,encouragement and ideas along with pics and anything else usefull.

im a 12/12 from seed enthusiast and im especially looking for good info regarding adding co2 to my cab.

many thanks.

first grow will be 12/12 from seed

swiss cheese.bubleliscious and ak48

4 inch rockwool cubes with covers

formulex

hesi bloom

dutch pro explode

lightmix or all mix

co2 enrichment

any ideas on the co2 enrichment will be much appreciated.was thinking of the co2 boost bucket.

post-12476-0-67431400-1335721563.jpg

post-12476-0-41076400-1335721590.jpg

post-12476-0-37791800-1335721630.jpg

post-12476-0-15161400-1335721657.jpg

post-12476-0-35268600-1335721695.jpg

post-12476-0-12445600-1335721721.jpg

post-12476-0-42446400-1335721744.jpg

post-12476-0-47675900-1335721769.jpg

• Like 1

Nice man like tok said their seems to be msome nice lighting in preparation over here ^^

Welcome on SH forum man. I'm looking forward to reading your grow journal will be interesting to see, and i do 12/12 from seed too, and really like it so far ^^

feel ree to ask a mod for any help and we'll do our best to help you

Meanwhile have a good discovering of the site ;)

See ya online :bye:

This box got potential and is very well designed , compliments IF it only was a bit larger..like that it looks more like a clone box - best type of weeds to grow in there sare probably Lowryders or Autos ?

Or do you want to VEG them in there and put them outside ?

Anyway - it is a good space for a start, when you got a question people will help you in a rush.

Welcome and join the fun !

For CO2 just add those tablets to the roots and make sure there is a steady in + output of fresh air.

I'd put in 2 150 to 250 watt lights in there, maybe a 250 Watt DUAL MH and a 150 HPS for growth and one for flowering - Those DUALs make the plants bushy + dense while keeping the internodes short and compact, Blue lights will stretch young plants too much. More than 400 watts will fill up the room in a month or so..

My 2 cents

thanks guys.glad someone dropped by.

as you can see this is a work in progress.the 2 lights are security ligths with the ballasts removed from the tops and ive cut a hole to install a flange and 12 volt pc fan which runs off a mobile phone charger.a cheap speed controller and some ducting off our favourite auction site.i have glass covers for these light fittings which vastly reduced the heat coming off them.they are 250 dual lamps and i got the bulbs thrown in for the price.one mh and one hps.

these are not fancy lights.i paid £70 for the 2 delivered 500 watts combined and they are just the same lights you see outside a wharehouse or a yard.theyve had the handle taken off too but this could have been left on for hanging purposes.

after my trip to the diy store today i should have the room complete.theres nothing fancy or expensive here guys this is all locally sourced.

i think my co2 boost is gonna cost the most.but we will see.

the cab is a cab within a built in wardbrobe vented out through the roof and vented in from the spare room which circulates fresh air when the window is open.i can close the wardbrobe door and no one is none the wiser.even the fans are silent.the cab never gets above 28 degrees even when fully closed and running both lights at the same time, because im extracting straight out to the roof vent.pics to follow.

im thinking of foam insulating around the cab for extra insulation but you will see in the next lot of pics where im at guys.

gonna be running some swiss cheese,bubbleliscious and ak48.

my containers are a mix of rockwool cubes and probably lightmix with added perlite.

im also going to be using an alkaline ioniser where i can just dial in the ph and the machine turns my tap water into beutifull healthy water.its what cancer patients use to maintain ph in the body.

ive been at this game 20 years but now im more aware of the real benefits of medical mj i have a new spring in my step and want to create nice clean meds without the ball ache.

chat soon guys.props to everyone dropping by.

just to add my aim is 14-21g per plant,maybe a little more with the co2 enrichment.

i can get 15 in there.17cmx23cm high pots.one straight colo to the top or there abouts.id like to achieve 28g per plant with your help so all comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Nice medman 2x 250 should be fitting perfectly in your room ;)

Maybe you'll have to elevate your plant a little at the beginning to avoid a too big stretch. But that you'll see when time comes ^^

About your 20g, it's easily achievable on 12/12 from seed with the good strains, idon't which one they are lol, i'm only running my 2nd grow under 12/12 cycle, before was regular light.

But from my very little experience Ice Dream was a killer in 12/12 between 20 and 30g or a little more per plants ;)

Anyway good luck i'll be following this

thanks for the kind comments guys.not much going on today.had the plumber round and tomorrow got the gas fitter round so ive only been down to the diy store to pick up a few more supplies.im so looking forward to getting started.heres a few more bits and bobs for the cab.peacefull evening to you all.im taking notes as i go along guys and your advice is truly treasured.

post-12476-0-32496600-1335800007.jpg

post-12476-0-89395000-1335800032.jpg

post-12476-0-85191300-1335800059.jpg

nice little set up cery clean and descreet. as for adding co2 to that small of an enclosure. im not sure u will be able to put enough in to see results, cuz all the air that is being removed to keep it cool. i grew in small set ups for years and ventalation will give u better results in this case.

im not trying to discourage u.

just dont want u spending money on stuff that u may not get any better results from.

ps: im 1 of the few people ( or only) in here that has full co2 implanentation(tanks, regulater, controller). so im not just ranting. lol

well the plan is guys to start 12/12 and try keep em low.ive done a few runs now from 12/12 and never really reached above 35 inches and that was the tallest which was bubbleliscious.i keep them within an inch of the daylight tubes as soon as they pop above the surface.i also use rockwool from the start which seems to help too.i use formulex without any ph adjustment (it does the adjustment automatically)straight from the tap after sitting for a day.im in the process of buying a serious bit of kit to give me full control of ph and ive got a co2 monitor on its way.with having the fans built into the lamp housings im able to draw nearly all the heat out of the cab.thats why im thinking of using co2 boost buckets as its not too much outlay.im told and read that they dont overdose the growroom and reach dangerous high levels.the monitor will give me a good idea then i can hopeully dial in to a good level.also if im using the glass lids that go on the lamp housings and the oscilating fan im hoping the small vent between the glass and lamp housing will allow the co2 to dissapear alot slower than having in/out fans.(does that make sense)? kind of passive like.the heat isnt an issue but id be more worried about the humidity so might install a seperate outlet connected to a humidity stat.all will become clear in the near future hopefully.at worst i can get a temp probe and connect that to the fan too.but im pretty sure things are gonna work out fine.pots are on there way too.ive chosen deep pots and my rockwool cubes are 4 inch which gives me about 18-21 days of good root developement before the change over to the deep pots and lightmix.check out these cubes which keep the nats away.im usually quite clean so dont suffer too many invaders.

now just to get the workmen out of the way and throw down the beans.its gonna be quite a ride but im topping out around 11 weeks from seed and can always pull a bud or two at around 9 weeks.especially with the co2 saving a little time.

hope you all have a good night guys.its now 2 straight months since my last bud so a trip to the dam is on the cards.so gutted to miss queens day today.oh well im sure the wait will be worth it in the end.

peace brothers and sisters and thanks again for dropping by.

post-12476-0-30261100-1335811447.jpg

thanks for the encouragement my friend.

ive pondered on a idea i had in the past and im convinced the way to go for me is a closed enviroment.im going to totally seal the cab and only install a very small pc fan coupled to a humidistat.using a co2 boost bucket with the pipe threaded through a hole in the side and placing the glass covers over my light units sealing up any gaps.the exhaust fans you see in the pics are there to simply take away the heat from the lamps.i will post some pics of the final setup tomorrow but in the meantime if anyone out there can direct me to a one way vent which closes when the humidity exhaust fan is idle i would very much appreciate it.ive heard great things about the boost bucket and in a area like mine would be able to achieve around 1500 ppm quite easily.i will know better once i recieve my co2 monitor.im aware that theres 2 settings on the boost pump so i could reduce or increase depending on what the co2 monitor tells me.im pretty sure the temps are gonna be under 85f which would be ideal.75 to 80 even better.my fan speed controllers on each light unit are almost silent at full power.i have a six inch oscilating fan too to move the air around the growroom.in the past ive always used air in and out controlled by a temperature probe.however im trying to get the maximum yields in the smallest space using less electric etc.fingers crossed it will be safer than my previous grows but equally as productive with less overheads.in the long run.

Welcome to the site mate , good luck with the CO2 , also agree with bozoph that it is more difficult to get it working effectively in a small cabinet , saying that i run a co2 bucket in my small cabinet lol ;) enjoy the site

if i need more height when it late flowering i should be able to drop the bottom.was thinking if this goes ok i might upgrade to a budbooster 380watt led.ive seen some badass bud pulled from them lights.co2 boost bucket should arrive tomorrow.

the intake will be a co2 tube.im going with a closed enviroment so i will attach a small outlet fan connected to a humidistat.theres no heat build up even with the cab closed so im hoping the co2 boost bucket will give me at least 1500ppm.i will have the co2 meter by tomorrow .i will use a small 2.5 inch pc fan with backdraft flap connected to the humistat and cut a hole for that over the next week or so.im going to run the co2 tube across the cab 2 times in between the rows of pots about 6 inch and then have a couple of pc fans run the co2 around the cab..i will make a small pin hole along the tube above each pot.

post-12476-0-30045900-1335981448.jpg

oh ive decided im gonna make some jackets for the lamps to cut down more heat in the outer room with the spare foil i got left and line the outer room then pack it with fire retardent foam i got gifted from a mates caravan.should be able to squeeze that between the cab and the walls.the heat jackets are a new idea i seen.just like lagging a boiler.they are heat resistent to 1.4killowatts so im sure that will suffice.all will unfold as i get my arse into gear.if i rush things i tend to make a right balls up of things.hope your all enjoying my mission guys.i like to save as much cash as possible so i hope it gives someone some inspiration somewhere.once this is setup it shouldnt be draining me of money except for the co2 boost bucket every crop.

oh ive decided im gonna make some jackets for the lamps to cut down more heat in the outer room with the spare foil i got left and line the outer room then pack it with fire retardent foam i got gifted from a mates caravan.should be able to squeeze that between the cab and the walls.the heat jackets are a new idea i seen.just like lagging a boiler.they are heat resistent to 1.4killowatts so im sure that will suffice.all will unfold as i get my arse into gear.if i rush things i tend to make a right balls up of things.hope your all enjoying my mission guys.i like to save as much cash as possible so i hope it gives someone some inspiration somewhere.once this is setup it shouldnt be draining me of money except for the co2 boost bucket every crop.

i mean the foil is resistent to 1.4kw.

those lamps are just cheap industrial lamps that had the ballast built into the top.i just unscrewed them and extended the wires.i can make the wire/cable long enough to take out of both rooms and sit in the hall way.it takes any unwanted heat away which is the whole point of going stealth i guess.if i come into some cash down the line im going to invest in the budbooster led.theyve come along way since i tried them a few years back..

careful that it doesn't burn man, don't hesitate to put a smoke detector ;)

Looks good man, with that you should be pretty cool with heat, i hope lol

Keep us updated and have a good grow

Guest cindy

very slick. where is the intake air for the light coming from? if u seal it with glass. those fans wont pull air out

ye bozoph i was wondering this maybe too stoned and missed it

real nice cabinet though medman well built mate there is going to be an intake isnt there i see there were vents behind the foil im assuming there to be cut out yet

welcome to the site mate im looking forward to seeing this finished some nice strains too are they reg or fems always fancied the bubbleicous n swiss cheese myself also been eyeing these co2 buckets up be interesting to hear what you think of them any how good luck xx peace xx