hi medman here.be gentle.newbie..

medman

for proper air flow u need an intake opening at least as big as your out take. if u have no in take for the lights, your fans will strain againt a vacuum ( try breathing the air out of a glass bottle, same princapal) and burn out your fans ( ive lots a few, lol )

theres a couple mil gap at each end of the glass lids where they have a slight curve,enough to pull the air up from the cab and enough not to create a vacume.hopefully not too much so that it pulls all the co2 out too.with the extra fan thats gonna be installed to the humidistat im hoping thats enough.the co2 bucket doesnt really run on ppm but is directed by the air fans over the plants and is on a timer with the light.im hoping i dont need air intake as the co2 provides the oxygen the plants need.im trying to create a semi closed enviroment.the humidistat fan will have a k&n air filter attached with an odour sock wrapped around it for the smell.more should become clear in the next few days.thanks for dropping by guys/girls.all the advised is much appreciated.

post-12476-0-54476800-1336031782.jpg

i had those in my bedroom that was in a house basement very humid, works pretty well i had to empty it almost everyday or 2.

For sure it will catch some humidity if your room is too high. But usually with lamps and a good vent it's ok ;)

Good luck man

nice positive reactions from you guys.yeh i was thinking the k&n filter might work with an odour sock but have you seen the price of those things.i reckon if i buy one sock i might be able to chop it into 2.wrap it round with a couple of big clips.time will tell.as for the humidity filter i dont mind emptying it every couple of days and have the humidistat as backup.i had to send back the co2 monitor today so the guy can set it up for me.im useless at instructions but i also think there was a fault with it as i couldnt get the lcd display to work properly.just waiting on another pc fan for air movement.i reckon i will have the finished cab by saturday.bloody hope so lol.then some beans i got today only had 8 seeds instead of ten so i contacted the supplier.its never happened before so hopeully they might sort something out.i hate complaining but i did order ten.ive thrown down 28 beans so far and one has curled up on itself so i binned it.i will choose my best ones for the cab within about 4 days of popping.

once again thanks for dropping by.i feel your all here with me from the begining which is reasurring.have a nice evening guys and girls...

things are starting to catch up with me guys.i got a nice surprise this morning.6 beans have popped up and are seeking pastures new.these are the swiss cheese.48 hours and up.more to come so ive put them under the cfls.8 till 8.12/12 from the off.enjoy.although not much to report.lol will be ok for a day or 2 until i get a fan in there and the co2 boost bucket arrives.after a few days i will start up one of the 250 hps.

post-12476-0-05844000-1336126384.jpg

post-12476-0-03031800-1336126415.jpg

post-12476-0-26550800-1336126446.jpg

update.

its been a quiet weekend so far but heres a couple more pics to mull over.co2 boost bucket arrived and a few beans surfaced.i got some tubing from the pet shop with holes in and cut the boost pipe and attached it so theres a good spread of co2.also i cut a small hole behind the circulating fan to let some air in just to cool the cab a little.its was 100f near the light but 85 down by the seeds.im hoping the co2 wont escape through the big hole i cut behind fan,but figured that it will only suck air in.shouldnt matter when the lights are off.hopefully the bit of air will do them a little good.gonna attach the humifier tomorrow.

post-12476-0-42369500-1336317024.jpg

post-12476-0-25826000-1336317043.jpg

hi im just going to hand water for now.if the cab was bigger i would probably flood them but as were going 12/12 from seed im just going to let nature do its thing in its own time.i believe they will take off and out fill the cab within 6-8 weeks.then they will have stopped the stretch by then and start filling up.ready for landing.really hoping this co2 boost can do good things.the cabs quite hot so the co2 has got to work otherwise im going to have do my usual fan in fan out control.im intrigued to find out if the manual humidifier works.but them fish tank tubes with the holes in were a good find.helps distribute the co2 evenly.time will tell.lol im learning and experimenting as i go along.

looking so good man, i love that setup :) Everything looks tight and clean :D

Thanks for sharing man, good luck to those seedlings and keep us updated ;)

Have a good grow