indoor spring grow

gigabud

My first grow went good considering all I had too go on was high times, skunk, and weed world mags.

I ordered the church from greenhouse and giggabud from g13 labs. packs of 5

all 5 of the gigabud sprouted and 5 of the church sprouted

I used wick pots with coco coir. for the nutrients I used super thrive, fox farm set, bush master,tiger bloom,verde, and endo/ecto-mycorrhizae for the root system

I used a high output CFL for veg. I had temp and humidity problems a week from starting flowering and lost 2 and almost lost the others.

I flowered under a 400 wt hps with an enclosed balest. They yielded 1 oz a plant

they were small but the suger and resin production was crazy. so the 7 oz we did get was strong smoke

i found two phenotypes of gigabud: one was 18in tall purple and thick leafs {looked like northern lights}, tasted like grape gum

the other was about 2 ft tall with thin leafs and tasted like fruit gum. green color

they smelt like skunky fruit loops during flowering

the high lasted 5 hours

head buzz was good but the body buzz was awesome. 42 day flowering time for me

gigabud was a very good one for my chrons disease

this grow i was thinking about going with green o matic

with a 2x4 tent and probably with 2 56 watt red white blue l.e.d or the 400 watt hps

i will probably go with the same nutrients

I thought about puting chameleons in the tent to increase the co2 level

hopefuly u do. i will be watching ur giga posts

i am going with white rhino instead of green o matic

Also i just read the new skunk mag and the rev said that the fox farm grow big and tiger bloom are synthetically chelated so i lost all of my endo/ecto-mycorrhizae and iam lucky it didnt fry my quality as well

but that exsplains why my harvest was smaller

peace

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

ok, my friend; here is my 2 bobs worth, i hope it helps, but it is just my opinion:

I find Coco too wet, and using wicks would make it even wetter. Plants need a wet and dry cycle.

This is very important and it does effect the bottom line.

You want to saty with coco, mix it with per light, at around 50/50.

Hand water; why? well you have more control. watering is an art, but an art not too difficult to master.

Use you fingers, and when the medium is dry(and I mean dry) around 2 inches down, then water.

this is especially critical during flowering.

Use larger pots.

You have done very well, for a 400 watt light usually results in a yield of around 7 to 8 ounces max; your yield is directly related to the amount of light your give your plants.

Keep with the beneficial bugs, but feed them some organics, sea weed and fish emulsion are great, as well as some form of sugar(molasses or similar) but watch the organics, as if you use too much, with all those bugs, it can send you EC levels sky high very quickly.

Switch to a 600 watt lamp, it is not much more power used, but it does increase your yield. Remember, they make their own food, though photosynthesis.

HIDs are the best we have now; things may change in the future, but if you want to grow all bud, and reduce your stem, they can not be beaten.

Use other lights by all means, but only as supplemented light, to increase the size of the bottom buds. .

And one last thing, 42 days seems too short. The plants do not put on the weight and really start producing the good stuff until week 7 or 8, and sometimes longer. It is true, you will get high on buds picked earlier, but you are lossing potency and weight, by not letting them go a week or two longer. The plants throws everything into those last few weeks, because it wants to bear seed, and is attempting to stay virable so it can do so . All good things come to those who are patient.

believe nothing of what I am saying until you have proven it.

happy growing, my friend