The Heart of Dankness by Mark Haskell Smith

Potent

Hey Hunters, I recently purchased a new book 'The Heart of Dankness' by Mark Haskell Smith

159635226.JPG

The tagline -

'Undeground Botanists, Outlaw Farmers, and the race for the Cannabis Cup'

The blurb on the back of the book -

"Wickedly entertaining. Mark Haskell Smith goes on a quest for the world's finest cannabis, and uncovers an obsessive global subculture of artisanal growers, seed botanists, and connoisseurs - all of them chronically stones and fiercely compertitive, striving like windemakers to express the terroir of their product and achieve the ne plus ultra of 'dankness.' Warning; this book may produce an uncontrollable urge to get high."

"A genially gonzo ride to the top of the cannabis world." - Heather Donahue, author of Growgirl

"Reporting for the Los Angeles Times on the international blind tasting competition held annually in Amsterdam known as the Cannabis Cup, novelist Mark Haskell Smith sampled a variety of marijuana that was unlike anything he'd experienced. It wasn't any-thing like typical stoner weed - in fact it didn't get you stoned. This cannabis possessed an ephemeral quality known to aficionados as "Dankness".

Armed with a State of California Medical Marijuana recommendation, he begins a journey into the international underground where super-high-grade marijuana is developed and tracks down the ragtag community of underground botanists, outlaw farmers, and renegade strain hunters who pursue excellence and diversity in marijuana, defying the law to find new flavors, tastes, and effects. This unrelenting pursuit of dankness climaxes at the Cannabis Cup, which Haskell smith vividly portrays as the Super Bowl/Mardi Gras of the world's largest cash crop.

Review -

I have read almost half this book already and can't seem to put it down, when i do i wonder what happens next. A book i recommend anyone reading, there are interviews with Franco as well as Don & Aaron from DNA, The book isn't just centered in Amsterdam he also takes his journey to the states and back again :)

well worth reading, that much so it made me create this post. So far 10 out of 10 even though one or two of his facts seem a bit fishy lol Il update this once i have finished reading, I hope others enjoy reading as much as i am.

Available from most online retailers

Enjoy & Peace

• Like 1

No worries guys glad i did this post now, the book cost me £7.50 inc postage a bargin would gladly have paid £10-15. It's entertaining and informative with some good points of view which i was kinda shocked with him being a reporter for the LA times lol

@Ghost i have checked out that 'West Coast Master' book and read a few reviews but they all seemed biased lol once i have heard it's good from another member ;) ;) lol i could be up for spending £25 on it hehe if not maybe next month for me.

@Franco, when could we be seeing a Greenhouse book of grow techniques? could it be on the horizon? and WHEN IS PANAMA HAZE GONNA BE AVAILABLE :D i'm not leaving the Cup this year till i come home with some of those beans hehe I can still remember that taste, 1st joint i had in Amsterdam and what a joint my head was that much in the clouds i had to apologize to Admin and Arjan for being so high lol you where a true gent leaving me those few samples, big thanks

once again PANAMA HAZE :D

Peace

be honest Tokage, the mouse is innocent, it's the effect of all my Panama Haze joints man. LOL

That was what I was thinking too. a lame excuse the mouse don't scroll right..

Like telling your buddies you got sand in your eyes on the beach, when everyone sees you're stoned immaculate..lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yo hey hunters, i have finished reading 'The Heart of Dankness' and i loved it, it's enjoyable and educational i really like his way of writing and story telling that much so i have also purchased his book 'Baked' which is a fictitious Novel instead of a real life journey but with his style of writing i am sure to find it a good read also. If the book is good i will write a review for that as well as any other Canna related books i read.

So overall i rate 'The Hear of Dankness'

tokage you READING this :P:D

10/10 well worth a read

not that my opinion counts for much but i thought this book needed a review and i hope this will inspire others to purchase it and enjoy it like i have done and it has Franco's recommendation also so you know it's good :)

Peace

• Like 1