First ever grow..600w hps scrog + LEDs..GHS Moby Dick & Pure Kush

Thanks guys..I just know now that as excited as I am bein a first timer at every little step..vegging isn't all that exciting lol.

Looking good bro!!! Next time use 1000w hps i would hehe You did your homework and got a A+ Great job! :)

Thanks bro..I thought about it..but gotta invest in a liquid cooled or at least air cooled reflector for runnin in the summer if I'm gonna do that. My temps are maxing at 30-31 celsius right now with CO2 supplementation...as high as I wanna go. BTW has anyone else tried the new CO2 releasing pads? I will take a pic of the package and give ya specs on them when I get a chance later.

Can only say the same as everyone else . the plants could not look any healthier, You got everything under control The CO2 tablets I know are meant to be placed inside the soil if I am not mistaken. So not suited at this point - maybe there are others ..?

If the heatwave continues try changing the grow time from say 12 am to 12 pm or something like that ...

If you are looking for good tips download the 1,8 GB of Cannabis eBooks that Fuzzy put up and check

GROWING ELITE MARIJUANA.

Never seen a book that filled with new and unheard tip along with the basics of course.

A good read mos def and very useful.

Start slow with the Bloom fertilizers and test how far you can drive them. That Bud enhancer B-52 is something I am interested in, too.

So please tell us how it works on your crop.

Keep up the good work ..

Peace + Grow

BAM

• Like 1

Hello friend, the images are excellent and the plants look healthy.

The road is still long, but it is the desire to do well that takes you forward.

still in luck, and keep us updated.

Thanks mykol...time seems to move soooo slowly when waiting for the things we want most ;)

Can only say the same as everyone else . the plants could not look any healthier, You got everything under control The CO2 tablets I know are meant to be placed inside the soil if I am not mistaken. So not suited at this point - maybe there are others ..?

If the heatwave continues try changing the grow time from say 12 am to 12 pm or something like that ...

If you are looking for good tips download the 1,8 GB of Cannabis eBooks that Fuzzy put up and check

GROWING ELITE MARIJUANA.

Never seen a book that filled with new and unheard tip along with the basics of course.

A good read mos def and very useful.

Start slow with the Bloom fertilizers and test how far you can drive them. That Bud enhancer B-52 is something I am interested in, too.

So please tell us how it works on your crop.

Keep up the good work ..

Peace + Grow

BAM

Thanks for the kind words and the info Bam..gotta check that ebook it sounds interesting..major props to Fuzzy too for posting it! Can't say it enough..what an amazing community we have here :D

Ya these aren't CO2 tablets they are pads that look a little like diapers unfolded LOL. They react to humidity above 35% and release CO2. My hydro store guy swears by them and I think they might be why the plants are doing so well at 31 C. I mean to get pics of the package and the info..next post!

Great idea about the grow cycle times..but I already have them on 8 pm to 8 am day cycle :) This is both for temperature, and because my electricity is half price from 7 pm to 7 am. I do need to do some research about finishing the plants at a high temp like that. It is still going to most likely be hot here still during the last two weeks of flowering. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE FINISHING PLANTS AT 30-32 DEGREES CELSIUS? The CO2 will be gone for the last two weeks so I'm thinking this would be too high for them. I also have read that high temperatures towards the end of flowering can reduce potency of some strains. If anyone can help me out with this or has some experience in this area I would appreciate your input..THANKS! :)

Many, many grows i had have been with higher temps(30-33c) All i can say it´s about the strain and air flow. Some strains i had really hate high temps and whatever i did they refused to be 100% ok. Other grows for example the Kush grow i have now handle high temps most splendid. If you get high temps and you thought about every possible way to lower it and with no use. Try atleast to have a good air flow. Im not talking about fans directed towards the plants, im talking about new air comming and going in to the tent/room. To much fan power direct on the plants is never that good.

I see that you use a tent? I did a test in my tent to see what would lower the heat. I opend the side vents in the tent(the flaps at the bottom). I thought by letting in more air it would be better for me. Turns out that tents run best when they are as closed they can be and let the ventilation do it´s job.

But you do good so far, and with a bit of Love, caring and luck you will end up with a beautiful harvest.

Keep on rocking bro!

Thanks bro..I have read that airflow is important when dealing with high temperatures, and also that strain had to be considered as well...good to hear that your experience reinforces that.

And thanks a whole butt load for the info about the tent!! See I had thought that the more open vent flaps (I have six total, and they are all open) the cooler it would be..but I sort of understand how keeping most of them shut might work better..let the warm air rise and be sucked out by the exhaust fan as more of a mini climate..,without interference from air coming in at different levels. I'm gonna check it out, I will only leave the 2 vents open where my fans are drawing air in..I have two 10" Seabreaze internal oscillating fans in there..pretty cool little fans and they work perfect for my set-up. ..t might also depend on each individual set-up..but props to you for giving it a try and figuring it out!!

I will tell ya Tokage..about the love..if they can feel the love..and I think they can, they must be benefiting from a ton of it AND a huge dose of amazement every time I'm down there training them or just "sayin high" lol. I have found my dream job...now what country/planet..lol..can I find a job legally growing this amazing plant??? :P

Lmao! The moon is still free for all. Do you not have a inlet air with a inlet fan? Do you only use fans in the flaps?

Hahaha! Ya now if I can only hitch a ride up there!

No, I don't use an actual inlet fan..I have my two fans against the flaps and they draw the fresh air in...and then the air is blown, oscillating, over the canopy..not too hard, just enough to keep em dancing every few seconds :) They are pretty powerful fans and seem to be doing a decent job so far.

That is a problem then, because now you got flaps open and the extractor can´t work it´s magic as it should. If you change and use inlet i bet you dollar for dollar you temps will go down a few degree.

I agree with ya Tokage..with an inline fan and everything shut it would definitely be more efficient, and I will probably invest in one in the future..thanks for getting me to think about it more :) But, I do believe it is working to some degree because of two things. When the lights are off, the temperature in the tent is 1 degree C. less than the air temp outside the tent at canopy level (I have a digital thermometer/hygrometer with a senor probe so I can get both temps), and with the tent closed, I can't smell the plants which tells me that the carbon filter is working and very little air is escaping via the open flaps. That being said, since I listened to your advice and closed all the flaps except the two fan ones, my temp dropped 0.5 degrees C. THANKS!

Hi to all of you, I hope everyone is well! It's been a bit since my last update, but things seem to be coming along nicely..knock on wood..aka my head :)

CHAMBER FLOWERING DAY #27 - 2 Pure Kush

I flushed the 2 smaller pure kush in the chamber a week ago, let them dry out for 6 days, and then hit them with the bloom nutes again night before last. Unfortunately I seem to have hit them a little hard and burnt the tips just slightly. I don't need to flush, but I will still water with plenty of run-off and half the nutes next water..more learning :) Other than that, I think that they are looking pretty decent for flowering under the LED. They are the LED pictures with the flower close ups. I also trimmed a bit of lower leaf to concentrate energy on flowering. Pistils are turning orange, and they seem to be very dense solid nuggets..mmm can't wait!

TENT FLOWERING DAY # 13 - 3 Moby Dick, 1 Pure Kush

I just love opening the door to this tent when the lights come on every evening..it never fails to produce a giant ear to ear grin. Medically speaking, anyone who disputes the therapeutic value of growing your own medicine has their head up their...well..they at least have a very closed mind! :) And I would say just as valid would be the argument that even a recreational user growing their own stash as well gets amazing therapeutic value out of the experience. So, anyways, I digress.

The stretch is over, and the screen is fairly full now (counted approximately 175 primary tops..not including the secondary ones down the branch :D, or the ones in the chamber). I'm happy I didn't wait any longer to switch em to flower as the pure kush and the biggest moby in the back both really filled out nicely and I was starting to wonder where to put all of the branches :P I did a fairly big leaf trim underneath the screen over a 2 day period starting 5 days ago, once I knew the big stretch was pretty much done, and they've recovered nicely. I put the leaves into a 12 liter bucket and they filled to about 5-6 liters. Right now they are drying..I watched a video on youtube on how to use leaves to make butterleaf flour and I might try it, not sure what kind of concentration of cannabinoids would be in the leaves but hey, I may as well try it lol. The video is done by an 80 year old grandma, it's awesome!

I've tried to show before and after pictures by keeping them in order, sorry the angles aren't very good. The leaf in the picture was actually from my smallest moby (you can see the nute burn from some careless splashing), it, and the leaves near it received the strongest concentration of LED light when vegging. I would say that the LEDs work nicely. I also got rid of any leaves blocking bud sites that couldn't be effectively trained, and smaller shoots that were not gonna make it above the canopy and were just gonna rob energy from the bigger ones. Those I dried and threw in the vaporizer just to see what would happen..well..it was really green..lol..lots of chlorophyll..but..surprisingly I got a nice little buzz from them. I can't wait for the full effect! I will wait until they are further into flower I think and then I will do another large removal of mostly everything under the canopy. One thing that I need to take care of next round is tying down the center of the screen since some of the stronger branches are pushing it up and creating the opposite effect that I wanted. Instead of a bowl shape I have a bit of a dome happening. I've been tying the branches to the screen horizontally to help minimize this.

Here are some updated pictures, these were taken between 2 and 5 days ago, it always seems to take me that long to post an update :P The pure kush branch with my fingers in the picture is from the smaller chamber plants and has already completely filled in with bud between the two bud sites since the picture was taken, and the trichomes on the leaves are sticking out all over and I can see that they are turning into sticky droplets when viewed under the 10x loupe I have. I really want to get an LED microscope, would prefer not to get one online, but can't figure out what kind of store to look for one at..any suggestions anyone?

Peace, happy tokin and growin :D

post-14382-0-37762100-1342794225.jpg

post-14382-0-43379000-1342794255.jpg

post-14382-0-19682600-1342794265.jpg

post-14382-0-09142400-1342794277.jpg

post-14382-0-34669700-1342794293.jpg

post-14382-0-44932500-1342794307.jpg

post-14382-0-08219400-1342794330.jpg

post-14382-0-40430600-1342794550.jpg

post-14382-0-24000400-1342794575.jpg

post-14382-0-87963200-1342794834.jpg

post-14382-0-27330700-1342794842.jpg

post-14382-0-55673500-1342794868.jpg

post-14382-0-53169100-1342794888.jpg

post-14382-0-48319500-1342794899.jpg

post-14382-0-05392000-1342794910.jpg

post-14382-0-00326100-1342794919.jpg

post-14382-0-31276600-1342794928.jpg

• Like 2

cool man, the interesting parts starts now, i love to see all those fluffys buds grow and show us their power ^^

And that net is filling nicely and not too high you're doing a good job :)

I hope they'll keep staying beautiful ;)

Have a good grow and keep us updated

• Like 1

Yeah, nice growing plants, beware of the nutes after flushing I suggest starting with half the normal amount of nutes. In fact I like to feed them something special then like HESI Super Zames - good for the roots - it eats up dead root material and pours out sugar . Or give them some Guano tea or HESI super Vit, whatever.

If you like foliar feeding Plagron Phyt-A-Min is great. Many growers swear on Alg-A.Mic. You can get carried away spending big bucks on these additives but make sure you got some for seedlings / root juice and another one for later. The Power zymes should be included in a grow circle as well as Guano Kalong, unless you have a Super soil Mix.

The leave showed some kind of deficiency.

What size of pots did you take

I found out my 14 litre pots were nearly too big, 11 would have done fine, too.

This time I try to leave leave the AUTOS on 3,7 litre Air root pots, use 7 litre for 2 others and give the Sativas the 3 big 14 litre pots- Keeping the pots smaller means more colas and more plants per square meter !

That is for 400 Watt of course, the more lights the bigger the pots !

• Like 1

Thanks Dust..I know, I love seeing them grow every day and this is the stage that I've been dreaming about!! Btw,.,does anyone else dream about gardening at night..or am I just that obsessed :bye: They already they are quite a bit bigger since the last pictures..I love how my fingers are sticky already after training them. The pure kush leaves an earthy dirt kind of smell on my fingers..like good kush should!! And the moby dick..it's so different, mild, with a fruity sort of smell that I haven't quite nailed down yet. It reminds me of something but..hmm..I will get back on that!!

I hope I've done ok with the canopy height..I know I'm gonna get some bud forming in the screen. It's been a bit tough trying to judge how much training and where to put them without knowing what the strain..or hell..for me even knowing what the plant was gonna do at all not having grown one before lol. I'm still nervous not knowing 100% what to expect now..I'm just gonna keep loving them and try not to do anything drastic or stupid LOL. I can see now why using clones for a SCROG would have the advantage when training of all having the same genetic traits and being more predictable than a seed grow. But hey...where would the fun be in that right?

And, thanks Bam..ya, good advice, I shoulda started with half nutes after the flush. I've heard HESI is an awesome brand with great products, a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Eats up dead root material and converts to sugar..that's pretty damn cool!! Right now I'm, gonna go through the starter kit of Dutch Nutrient products that I picked up when I started..that and the Cal-Mag Plus and B-52 vitamins before I decide to try anything different. So far I'm pretty happy with the results. But man..there are a lot of good products out there now to choose from!

The leaf in the picture was actually a poor example for a picture of leaf health on the plant..but it was the biggest and why I took the pic lol. What looks like a deficiency, if you're referring to the spots on the leaf, is actually from splashing nutes on it. A few other lower leaves got hit too..it's hard to water carefully with the big screen there dammnit! lol. But ya, upper leaves that didn't get splashed showed no signs of the same problem.

I'm using 12 liter pots for the 2 smaller pure kush in my little chamber I built, and 23 liter pots for the 4 big plants in the tent. When I cultivate the top of the media to get oxygen to the roots after watering I do it carefully with my fingers now as I can feel the root zone coming closer to the surface. I still have some room at the top of the pots and tons of Pro Mix left that I can add if needed. I think I'm pretty happy with the size..I knew they needed to be a bit large to support the size plant I wanted to grow. I guess I will really find out when all is said and done and I pull the roots. The one issue is that I go through TONS of R/O water. The two biggest plants, the pure kush in the back left, and the moby dick in the back right are taking about 6 liters water every 2-3 days right now, and the 2 moby's in the front are taking about 5 liters every 3-4 days...it adds up pretty quick when using 18 liter bottles of r/o..I do love my plants :P

And with that, it's time to water again! Hope everyone enjoys their evening :bye:

• Like 1

I got a night off from watering..yay!! Of course I still spent an hour just hanging out with them :) But, the reason for this post is that I call b.s. on my count of 175 (that was some great Cracker Jack I smoked before visiting the garden lol) and I want to clarify what I mean when I say "primary bud sites". The recount stands at approx. 145 holes with a bud site coming through not including the secondary flowers down the same branch I already counted..hope that makes sense. That is what I considered primary..I should watch my terminology before someone thinks I mean 175 main colas :P Now that would be something!

And I've nailed down the Moby Dick smell..and no it's not cheese.. :fie: LOL. It reminds me of grape bubble gum..with some spice, buy overall not a strong smell. They are starting to get nice and sticky and sparkly..like little green diamonds :nyam:

Peace all!!

Lol..ya and I can't wait until they move up in rank from private to general :P

Ya Tokage, still crossing my fingers that things continue to move forward without too many problems. I just watered last night and added 1/4 strength Dutch Nutrient Formula "Bloom Fortifier" to my nute mix for the first time, it's 0-50-30..strong stuff. I also added 0.25ml/l Potassium Silicate to help protect the plants from heat stress, (I have noticed signs of it on some leaves directly under the 600 W) plus it's supposed to have a number of other great benefits for the plants. I think I will continue to use it..especially with the heat we have been having here. At least it has finally cooled down for a bit today :biggrin:

The plants look very happy this morning with some nice growth last night (daytime for the plants) and the leaves look less stressed from the high temperatures, so far I will say that the additives have helped them..we will see how they look tonight when the lights come on.

Peace all!

Oh ya Tokage, you asked about the smell...the intensity so far is pretty mild. I had read that the Moby has a mild smell but packs a powerful punch..and so far it's living up to it's name. It has a bit of a fruity smell now, like grape bubblegum, with a hint of spiciness..it's pretty cool. The Pure Kush is mild too..VERY earthy, like good clean soil kind of..reminds me of OG a bit..which makes sense if it's an OG pheno. So far if someone was worried about smell..I would say these two strains are pretty decent. Hell I'm thinking of unhooking my carbon filter to get more extraction going lol. I love the smell of weed myself, I mean which one of us on here doesn't..I could bath in it! Speaking of which..I ran across an ad in High Times magazine for "Kush" cologne and perfume..it supposedly has a hint of Kush smell HAHAHAHA! I would prefer to just smoke one myself and bath in the smoke..just having the smell of it on me but not having smoked it would just be a tease!! I'd be like a dog trying to catch a hot dog that is dangling in front of it's face but he can never quite get to it..know what I mean? :lol: Ahh, nothing like a vape bag to get things goin in the morning...

• Like 1

Thanks for visiting and the support guys!!

Time for a weekly update and some new pictures. The 4 plants in the tent are now 23 days into flower and coming along pretty nicely. The smallest moby dick in the front left didn't branch as much and seems to be the slowest with flowering. Unless it catches up I can see it needing a bit more time than the rest of the plants. I have noticed that where I have the 2 LEDs supplementing, the buds are bigger and have a lot more trichomes on them. Ideally I would like to have 4 LEDS plus the 600 hps running. Once the 2 smaller p.k.'s in the chamber are finished, 2 weeks earlier than the large tent plants, I will have 3 LEDS available to put into the tent :)

A quick note again about potassium silicate..WOW! I can definitely say that already noticeable results and benefits have been observed since I added the potassium silicate to the feeding cycle. I'm going to use it every second water right now, so once every 6 days or so. What I can say that I've noticed for sure is that the little bit of leaf burn due to high temperatures in certain spots stopped with no new burn. The leaves now "stand up" more erect and angle towards the light, and when I check on them after the lights go off, the leaves aren't drooping at all from the high temperatures, they are still standing up strong! They are more rigid and strong, yet more flexible and I'm able to bend them much easier, and further without damage during training. The leaves just look and feel healthier overall..I mean really noticeably healthier. On top of that growth seems to have improved as well. So far I'm sold on this stuff.

Ok enough talk, here are the pictures, sorry about the poor colour in some of them, with the lights on my camera is hit and miss. All are from the 3 week old tent plants, and all except one individual flower picture are moby dick flowers..again the pure kush plant is in the back left corner of the tent. You can see in the one pure kush flower picture, the last picture of all, that the leaves are more slender, not as much "sugar" on the leaves either, and the bud isn't quite as fat..but the p.k. is still coming along nicely it think.

To another week of peace and good growing for all! :smoke:

post-14382-0-11527300-1343505980.jpg

post-14382-0-51815500-1343506039.jpg

post-14382-0-68710700-1343506047.jpg

post-14382-0-44717800-1343506057.jpg

post-14382-0-44031100-1343506081.jpg

post-14382-0-03662800-1343506093.jpg

post-14382-0-78801200-1343506104.jpg

post-14382-0-20988700-1343506118.jpg

post-14382-0-78079200-1343506134.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Tokage :) The moby dick is supposed to produce giant buds..I hope there is room for them all..I'm already having to harvest lower smaller buds because there is nowhere for them to grow!

QUICK QUESTION: I was doing some training last night to even out the canopy..it went well except that I knocked off a good amount of hairs on a few of the buds in the process :( on a couple buds the hairs are pretty much down to the hard "nugget" part of the flower. Is this just temporary damage that they will recover from as the cells continue to multiply and they fill out or have I done some permanent damage? Not that there is anything I can really do now..but it would ease my anxiety to know either way lol. Man were my fingers sticky and did they smell GREAT after working with them last night!

Thanks for any help!

Your girls should be ok about the few hairs off don't worry we are growing very strong plants ;)

Beautiful canopy man, keep the good pics coming ;)

Have a good grow

Holy shit it's SUPER DUST!! :superman: Dude that is the fastest reply yet that's awesome! Thanks for the reassuring comment..I was hoping it was just paranoia :)

• Like 1