GHS powDer feeding (mostly indica) + 4x Sweet Mango Auto + 2x Bubble Gum

superduper77

Aloha oldemarine , yes i used MPK to raise phosphorus and magnesium sulphate to raise magnesium. Result - PH is more stable and still falling down but much slower , and new leaves looks good.

44 liters per plant ? .... are u kidding ? i have 8 places , so i need 352 liters of solution that i need to change weekly LOL i cant even imagine it . For 6 plants i`ll need 264 liter , with consumption 15-20 liter/week , everybody recommends to change solution one time per week or per two weeks ... so i`ll pour into a garbage 220-240 liters weekly - it`s unacceptable for sure. Here in post-soviet countries we think that 10 liter per plant in DWC system is minimum.

ps now i have water T problem it`s about 24 degrees , i think to set timer on water pump to work in 15 minutes cycle (15 min on then 15 min off). And one more thing i cooked 4 days ago 20 liters of solution and it almost empty now. EC raised from 1.1 to 1.3 in 4 days and PH was stable enough , i corrected it only one time. This time i`ll make 40 liters of solution.

• Like 1

Aloha Superduper 77, The Undercurrent System was developed for large tree like plants that measure 1.2 X 1.2 X 1.2 meters plus and at peak growth every plant uses 10- 20 liters of nutrient solution per day. Your system is more in line with a General Hydroponics Waterfarm with an 8 liter capacity. The Advanced Hydroponics of Holland's Aqua System has a capacity of 18 liters. The difference is an Aqua System is looking at production in the 100 to 150 gram range and the Undercurrents are designed for 500 - 700 grams plus. The heat problem you have is tackled by the use of a beer making like chiller coil running cold water in you nutrient tank, using an aquarium chiller, locating your pump out of the nutrient tank using a Iwaki type external pump that does not have to be submerged in the tank. You can run higher temperatures running a sterile system using bleach at 1ml to 30 liters of nutrient. Running a NFT system 15 on & 15 off sounds like it could work with young plants. I think with larger plants you will have problems.

Aloha Superduper 77, Here is a chiller coil you can use with cold water to cool your nutrient solution. You could use your tap water as it will not be mixing with your nutrients. The other option is a small aquarium chiller that will be more expensive.

week 6 from seed

i changed formula of solution to 165/90/200 (165/60/80) NPK(CaMgS). EC is falling every day from 1.25 to 1.1 in 24 hours PH raise dramatically from 5.8 to 6.9 so i must correct it 2 times a day. Temp 27 day 20 night , temp of water 22 .

Group , the highest plant is 79 cm high ... awesome genetics , all my friends told me that autoflowers produces about 10-20 gramms of dry buds ... i think that 80 cm plant that din`t start to flower can produce more . We will see if i wrong.

post-6079-0-59253100-1360072850.jpgpost-6079-0-62460800-1360072854.jpg

SMA`s

This one 52 cm tall

post-6079-0-38583000-1360072834.jpg

This one 72

post-6079-0-53715900-1360072839.jpgpost-6079-0-87946300-1360072836.jpg

This is 57

post-6079-0-89983200-1360072858.jpg

BG`s

This one 45 cm high , but it have problems , and i bent it cuz it will vegg in 18/6 period until i start to harvest SMA`s

post-6079-0-94981300-1360072842.jpg

and thi is the smallest one 32 cm

post-6079-0-21605500-1360072846.jpg

• Like 1

well it is starting to take some nice tree shape in there it seems man :) i like how that setup looks plenty of space for everygirl to develop a beautiful shape if they want :)

seems some leaves are still having some little troubles, but all in all it is still growing and i hope it will continue till the end without big troubles!!! :)

Keep us updated man have a good grow

Aloha Superduper, In the Bloom Stage reduce the Nitrogen to 120 - 140 or lower and bring up the Potassium to 240 +, if you add a little bit of NH4 it will help with pH balance. The P & Mg look a little on the high side. If you look at Arjan's Powderfeeding formulas P levels are from 30 to 50 and the Mg levels are 12 to 36. Tissue analysis shows the plants do not take up P & Mg at high levels compared to N, K, & Ca. Growers here in the USA like to use a little Potassium Sulfate or change from nitric acid to sulfuric acid for pH down during the bloom stage to keep things in balance.

http://www.blueplane...d=78&Itemid=108

Have they stopped stretch yet? All in all i would say they are doing what they should. Last photo show a little weird but they have gone from clarity to clarity

:)

SO what do you think about the system now when you been suing it for a veg and half a flowering?

Aloha Tokage, Hydroponics can be a real challenge with a DIY (do it yourself) system until you get things balanced. With two different strains getting things dialed in is not easy. It is easier to work with systems that have a larger nutrient solution capacity with a single plant if one is looking to grow big tree plants with huge buds. With Superduper's knowledge of nutrients and system construction skills he may want to take this high output idea into consideration. I think you could reduce the substrate to 3 to 4 liters. It would be interesting to see what our friend Jimmy could produce with a mega waterfarm as his last crop had a major problem with plants using up nutrients way too fast.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/systems/megafarm1/

• Like 1

Have they stopped stretch yet? All in all i would say they are doing what they should. Last photo show a little weird but they have gone from clarity to clarity

:)

SO what do you think about the system now when you been suing it for a veg and half a flowering?

I dunno :) I think they still stretching. Last photo shows what happens if you irrigate manually only one week from start instead of 3 weeks of top irrigation

I think genetics is the key , all plants are in same conditions but BG seems to have weak genetics and they have problems . System performed by me is not perfect but it great potential , in comparison with coco drip system it is much more easily to control parameters of solution , you don't need to check drainage for all 6 plants daily , no salt buid-up in tubes , no need to rinse , no clogging of drippers. If you have troubles with water temp - it is a good thing to use 15/15 minutes work cycle for water pump , after I did it the rot smell from tubes disappeared. I still have many things to correct but i definitely like it !

Harvest will show effectiveness of the system.

• Like 1

Aloha Superduper, In the Bloom Stage reduce the Nitrogen to 120 - 140 or lower and bring up the Potassium to 240 +, if you add a little bit of NH4 it will help with pH balance. The P & Mg look a little on the high side. If you look at Arjan's Powderfeeding formulas P levels are from 30 to 50 and the Mg levels are 12 to 36. Tissue analysis shows the plants do not take up P & Mg at high levels compared to N, K, & Ca. Growers here in the USA like to use a little Potassium Sulfate or change from nitric acid to sulfuric acid for pH down during the bloom stage to keep things in balance.

http://www.blueplane...&Itemid=108

Aloha my dear friend

Here , in post soviet countries , it is what we are cooking in bloom stage

Week 1-2 100/100/200

Week 2-4 80/ 110/220

Week 4-6 60/120/240 Etc

About Mg 36 ppm is not enough 60 is ok. About P , last evening i set PH to 5.2 today morning it is 7.0 EC lowers from 1.35 to 1.2 , i can make conclusion that plans eating negative charged ion (N P S) much more than positive charged ions (K Ca Mg). As we all know plants in bloom are eating more P and less N. I think that in is not enough phosphorous in my solution./ I lower ph with orthophosphoric acid. . I thought to use sulfuric acid ... but my plants do not need more sulphur

today i`m from surgery for installation of dental implants . My mouth now have million thread i can`t eat , can`t drink hot tea , can`t take heavy bottles ... i can`t even smoke marijuana by mouth ... thanks God i have nose :)

BTW i cooked new 20 liters 165/90/200 NPK PH 5.7 EC 1.35. Now 20 liters will empty in about three days. right now i need to do 60 liters of solution but sutured mouth cant let me do it cuz when i bring heavy bottles , my mouth starts bleeding.

i will be OK in two weeks as doctor said

today i`m from surgery for installation of dental implants . My mouth now have million thread i can`t eat , can`t drink hot tea , can`t take heavy bottles ... i can`t even smoke marijuana by mouth ... thanks God i have nose :)

BTW i cooked new 20 liters 165/90/200 NPK PH 5.7 EC 1.35. Now 20 liters will empty in about three days. right now i need to do 60 liters of solution but sutured mouth cant let me do it cuz when i bring heavy bottles , my mouth starts bleeding.

i will be OK in two weeks as doctor said

Aloha Superduper 77, Take care my friend I hope you feel better soon. There are more than a few ways to move water around if one is handy with hoses, pumps, and siphons.

How do you do that?

And i wish you a fast recovery. If you have a gf i bet she will be happy when you shut up for a week or two :P

Aloha Tokage, LOL! I have the ideal female, she only eats $30 worth of food each month, she comes on command, she goes down when I tell her to, if she barks too much I can muzze her mouth, and she always wags her tail even if I yell at her. I love my 85 Lb. German Shepherd! Here is a good song by Snoop Lion about how to "French Inhale".

• Like 2

How do you do that?

And i wish you a fast recovery. If you have a gf i bet she will be happy when you shut up for a week or two :P

Lay down your hand into a fist and put a cigarette between little finger and ring finger , than inhale with your nose :king: by inserting it into a fist

ps thank you for kind words

Man , in the same conditions PH starts to fall down from yesterday . It happens because 4 plants in system are flowering , eating phosphorous in begin of flowering and now they eat more potassium , and two plants in system are on vegg period , eating more nitrogen. And their appetite getting different . But man 08.12 i cook 20 liters of solution EC=1.35 PH=5.6 ... today EC =1.6 PH=4.8 , and it left about 3 liters of solution :) i ll make something like 1-2-2 today and we will see how it will perform

ps i cooked new solution today 130/90/200 ec 1.3 ph 5.6 we will see what will happen tomorrow with this numbers

Aloha Superduper 77, I think we know why Arjan & Franco use 80 liter containers with rockwool (or soil) is to keep things on a easy to control schedule. If we calculate 20 liters with 6 plants that is only 3.3 liters per plant. With the way your plants are growing my friend (they look good!) you are to be commended for doing a good job and showing great skill with an experimental system. This grow I have found to be one of the most interesting to watch here on Strainhunters. One thing you might want to look into is an auto fill so your solution tank does not get so low. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7B1S6fcVw

• Like 1

ps i cooked new solution today 130/90/200 ec 1.3 ph 5.6 we will see what will happen tomorrow with this numbers

right now ec 0.94 ph 6.4 ... i`ll think it`s time to raise EC to 1.6-1.8 but i`m scare to loose this awesome osmotic pressure i get

Aloha oldemarine !

for me it is totally clear, that the bigger volume of solution i have - more stable numbers of EC and PH i get. But reality set it`s own limits ... it`s hard in my conditions to get a lot of reverse osmosis water to my grow place , as u can see i do a lot of experiments with solution and i cant cook 60 liters each time , cuz i can become unstable in 3 days and i will waste for about half of solution to make new from scratch. I think low volume of solution in make case can give me much more information about plants appetite , and of course i got mess because i have vegging and blooming plants eating one solution. Sry for my ugly English :)

Aloha Superduper 77, Do not worry about the English my friend I am an American living in Hawaii and our version of the language here is nothing close to the Queen's model. I hope you are feeling better and will be able to heal quickly to improve your diet. I hope you are enjoying the challenge of your NFT system and the things we learn trying to do more with less. When I was in The Netherlands we used single plants in air powered waterfarm systems that were interesting to work with calculating what the plants were taking, and what they were giving back. From what I see with your plants I think you may have a concern on how you are going to hold up the swelling buds when they gain weight.

• Like 1